Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL.com:Carr ties consecutive completions record

Quote:
Carr ties consecutive completions record Click here to find out more!
NFL.com wire reports

HOUSTON (Nov. 19, 2006) -- Houston quarterback David Carr tied an NFL record with 22 consecutive completions on the same field where Mark Brunell set the record earlier this season.

Carr completed 22 straight against Buffalo before throwing incomplete to Andre Johnson with 5:44 left in the game.

Brunell completed 22 in a row in Washington's 31-15 win over the Texans at Reliant Stadium on Sept. 24. The previous record was 21 straight completions by Rich Gannon for Oakland in 2002.

Carr tied Brunell's record on a short pass to Wali Lundy for no gain with 6:19 left.

Carr's first pass of the game was intercepted by Buffalo's Nate Clements. He was 1-for-3 against Buffalo, then began the streak with a 14-yard completion to Eric Moulds in the first quarter.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9815090

just want to say congrats.

on a side note
(please please try to keep this thread positive nad leave the bashing on the other threads)
I know we are all venting and I am sure David would trade his record for a "W"
Nothing wrong with critiquing his play but sometimes people forget that friends and family of players come on the website to read stuff and it gets kinda old hearing the same thing of "this person suc** "
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #2
TexaninDenver
Rookie

Default Re: NFL.com:Carr ties consecutive completions record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9815090

just want to say congrats.

on a side note
(please please try to keep this thread positive nad leave the bashing on the other threads)
I know we are all venting and I am sure David would trade his record for a "W"
Nothing wrong with critiquing his play but sometimes people forget that friends and family of players come on the website to read stuff and it gets kinda old hearing the same thing of "this person suc** "
CONGRATS, DAVID!!!! We were all pulling for you! 22 straight completions is nothing to scoff at!!
TexaninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post
If you wanna crown him then crown his ***, but David Carr was who we thought he was, and he let the bills off the hook *snaps fingers and break microphone*

hahahahaha its all about records and stat who cares about winning man
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #4
Orion
Rookie

yes, a record, sweet.....just what we needed.....fantastic......i feel better already......i wonder what record he will break next week....
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

You sarcastic jackholes need to be beat around the head and shoulders with a sack full of doorknobs until you:

A) Lose your ability to speak or type
B) Die

Congrats to David on a good game.. shame that it turned out like it did.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

please... PocketAces.. just.. go read a book or something. Your stupidity is seeping through my monitor.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #7
Dre_80
Rookie

congrats, david
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2006   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know the bills were pinned how many times inside the 10 and fans want to point out one mistake there, Carr does what the coaches asked him to do and it is his fault. It would be nice just once in a while you say he did what a good job, he did what the play calling was for.

I do not mind complaining but jeez I hate whinning.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #9
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
You sarcastic jackholes need to be beat around the head and shoulders with a sack full of doorknobs until you:

A) Lose your ability to speak or type
B) Die

Congrats to David on a good game.. shame that it turned out like it did.
You need to chill. Congrats on the Record David.
Old 11-19-2006   #10
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean, that's kinda cool
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #11
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Whiptee doo.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks grid..

geeze people get a grip and somehow can't leave the sarcasm on the 15 other threads that merge about Carr and him playing horribly

Carr does something good and y'all can't even be happy for the guy. yes, I think the loss stinks and wish we would have won, I don't know about y'all but I really hated the feeling of Brunnell doing that to us. I remember yelling at the defense to stop Brunell.
It was nice for once to be on the receiving end of a postitive record than consistantly having QB's setting records against us.

Yes, I wanted a "W" as much as the rest of y'all but this hatred is honestly ridiculous. Anytime Carr does something good it is the ole "His receivers are making him good, or the OL is making him look good". Carr isn't perfect,but he has improved.

yes, stats don't win games, and I would be first to say bench Carr if he was stinking it up on the football field and put sage in,but the problem is that Carr isn't the weakest link on this team and it is a hard pill to swallow isn't it?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Conratulations David. Well done.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #14
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post
If you wanna crown him then crown his ***, but David Carr was who we thought he was, and he let the bills off the hook *snaps fingers and break microphone*
LOL...
Old 11-19-2006   #15
David23
Rookie

Congrats DC! Keep it up!
David23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Whiptee doo.
in a couple of years your facial hair will grow in, dont worry.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #17
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

He completed 22 passes in a row, so what? Brunell did the same thing earlier in the year and he's holding a clipboard now. Stuff like that doesn't mean jack squat if you can't put points on the board, which the offense failed to do the entire 2nd half. I also remember several of those completions going for negative yardage. But he tied a record, so yay!
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #18
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Carr played a terrific game today. Carr haters need to wait another week.

He forced three balls into AJ and one got picked. He threw one ball behind AJ after he completed 22 straight.

The jump balls to AJ are not completely Carr's fault either. Carr throwing up fades to AJ has LONG been a staple in Houston. When AJ makes a play, people say that you are giving the athlete a chance to make a play and outjump the corner, when he doesn't it is Carr making a bad decision.

When you have ONE wide receiver on the field and sometimes two, it really cuts down on your ability to throw the ball down the field. When you tell your QB to take three steps and sling it up there to AJ, that isn't exactly the stuff of outstanding NFL offensive coordinating in my eyes. It is garbage.

It is garbage to have Jamel Cook on the field when it is 3rd and 15.

Plenty of other places to place blame today. It ain't Carr.
Old 11-19-2006   #19
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The consecutive completions record means very little to me, because we lost this game in the worst possible way...we shot ourselves in the foot and found a way to snatch defeat from certain victory.

This one hurts. A lot. We need to learn how to finish a team off.

Still, congrats to Carr for his accuracy mark. Heck, he's always been an accurate passer short-to mid-range. Even Carr Haters know that. Too bad his record didn't come wrapped in a win. Then it might have some real meaning for me.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Even in Carr's record breaking performance we still wind up on the short end of the stick. Is anyone surprised that Carr could attain this record? I certainly am not.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Carr has not thrown a TD pass in four consecutive games. Baby steps, one more year, get him more weapons....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read