Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2006   #1
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

Default Carr just isn't a winner

Big time players step up in big time situations. I'm not saying Losman is a big time player, but he stepped up when he had to. Why cant Carr ever step up?? I know the defense let us down, but why cant the offense ever take over a game? How many pts did the offense score in the 2nd half? 0!!! Say what you want about the 22 consecutive passes, mark brunell had the same record and he's benched this week, so that record means nothing is you dont score pts and lose the game! We need to move in a differend direction at the QB position!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr just isn't a winner

Or how about this...

Maybe we just got beat by a better team today.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #3
seveneventer
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to seveneventer

say what you want about Carr but it takes the whole team to win...
Old 11-19-2006   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Losman had to engineer a TD drive because he gave one away to Dunta. That's not a "winner," if you ask me.

Carr played a great game today. Period.

I don't know how we look at this game and say that Carr isn't a winner.

He did his job a lot better than some others did today.
Old 11-19-2006   #5
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

last i checked, carr threw a pick also on the first drive....and what did the bills do when they got the ball? they scored...so you can say carr indirectly cost us a td there. Carr just doesnt make enough winning plays, im sorry. All that matters is wins and losses. we cant even win 2 in a row!! thats absurd!!! Carr puts up nice stats, but we're 10 games into the season and he only has 9 td passes, so whats thay saying??? he doesnt produce touchdowns!! you have to score to win!!! make plays!!! 0 points in the second half is inexcusable!!!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshouldbeGM View Post
last i checked, carr threw a pick also on the first drive....and what did the bills do when they got the ball? they scored...so you can say carr indirectly cost us a td there. Carr just doesnt make enough winning plays, im sorry. All that matters is wins and losses. we cant even win 2 in a row!! thats absurd!!! Carr puts up nice stats, but we're 10 games into the season and he only has 9 td passes, so whats thay saying??? he doesnt produce touchdowns!! you have to score to win!!! make plays!!! 0 points in the second half is inexcusable!!!
The pick was on AJ on the first drive.
Old 11-19-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

uhmmm we got a td in the 2nd half
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2006   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
uhmmm we got a td in the 2nd half
Yeah....I'm starting to think IShouldBeGM shouldn't be GM.
Old 11-19-2006   #9
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I disagree with you, but I am not going to argue against you. My only question is, why point out Carr? Why not point out Cook? I know there is never an opportune time to fumble, but this guy has fumble twice during critical times in the past couple of games? Why not point out Salaam, who seems to get beat once every offensive series? Why not point out Petey Faggins, clearly a favorite on this board, who got beat twice for two huge early scores? Why don't you point out the defensive coaching staff? Why don't you point out Kubiak, who clearly played the game not to lose after we took the lead?

I don't think Carr is an MVP, but you Carr haters need to realize that Carr is not the biggest problem with this team. We have so many holes to fill on this team, it isn't funny. We have a lot of guys on this team who aren't winners...
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
The pick was on AJ on the first drive.
Totally agree, he REALLY needs to fight for the ball better!

As we said in the other "CARR SUCKS, *CRY CRY CRY*" post

Osama Bin Carr let Lee Evans get 250 yards against us!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That ball was taken by the Bills within the 10-yard line or so.

That's as good as a punt.

Stanley gave that game away by not booming a punt.

OTHER NFL punters are able to punt the ball around 50 yards, especially with a good roll on it. Stanley? 30-yards.

Go out in your yard, and I bet you can punt the ball 30 yards consistently. Now, go check your bank account at the end of the week and tell me if you got the fat paycheck that Stanley is getting. Just let me know, OK?

David go first downs all on his own today. He friggin TIED the NFL record for consecutive completions today. He was perhaps the most reliable player today. Period.

Another "David is a jerk" knee jerk when we lose. I guess when we lose it's David'[s fault and when we win, it was a great team effort.

One thing's for sure: Stanley cannot punt the ball deep and place teams further back than what other NFL punters are doing.

David's the only one who gets benched or criticized when he makes a mistake.

Amazing. For anybody to say that David has a free ride, it's absolutely false.

Where's the fairness here? I know a half-dozen guys that ought to be benched or cut for their lack of focus and attention to detail.
Old 11-19-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

say what you want, this team is growing, the coaching staff is growing, the players are growing.

We are inconsistant right now. We show flashes of being good and yet have flashes of just being horrible.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #13
joeton
Rookie

Angry Re: Carr just isn't a winner

Alright first Carr made one mistake. How many did the defense make. How could they not stop the last drive with under 2 minutes left. I think that they have to be responsible this week not Carr. He is a damn good quarterback. He takes hit and doesnt whine. He never talks crap about his recievers or anything How is he the one to blame. I think the defensive cordinator blew this one out of his butt. Not Carr.
joeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #14
gameguy89
Rookie

The pick in the first quarter was not on AJ. He did a heckuva job trying to catch up to the ball and, if he would have caught it, it would have been a spectacular catch. The corner (forget his name) just played a great game today, which is more than most corners can say when they go 1-on-1 against AJ as often as he did. In fact, AJ stopped a sure pick from happening, I believe in the second quarter. Remember when he was flagged for offensive pass interference? Yeah. That one. The corner had the ball the entire way until he did that.

I was going to say more than that, but I don't want to contribute to an unending back and forth argument.
gameguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #15
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

Quote:
Big time players step up in big time situations. I'm not saying Losman is a big time player, but he stepped up when he had to. Why cant Carr ever step up?? I know the defense let us down, but why cant the offense ever take over a game? How many pts did the offense score in the 2nd half? 0!!! Say what you want about the 22 consecutive passes, mark brunell had the same record and he's benched this week, so that record means nothing is you dont score pts and lose the game! We need to move in a differend direction at the QB position!

I can't believe you wanna blame Carr! The game was won and "guru" Kubiak decided to throw the ball with 1:40 seconds left in the game. Not only did it kill the chance for the first down, but it left plenty of time on the clock for the Bills and the much needed timeout to make the touchdown call to win the game. What game are you watching that Carr blew it. Of course, the interception, but I guess he's supposed to complete that with a defensive end wrapped around his throat! The guy is showing more guts, has better weapons, and is demonstrating he can lead a team on long drives. How about completing 22 in a row. give the guy some credit and if you want, launch into Petey Faggins that got beat for 2, count them "2", 80 yard plus TD's. By the way, we scored 7 points in the second half!!!!
Old 11-19-2006   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguy89 View Post
The pick in the first quarter was not on AJ. He did a heckuva job trying to catch up to the ball and, if he would have caught it, it would have been a spectacular catch. The corner (forget his name) just played a great game today, which is more than most corners can say when they go 1-on-1 against AJ as often as he did. In fact, AJ stopped a sure pick from happening, I believe in the second quarter. Remember when he was flagged for offensive pass interference? Yeah. That one. The corner had the ball the entire way until he did that.

I was going to say more than that, but I don't want to contribute to an unending back and forth argument.
So you agree that interception was on Carr when it was in AJ's hands and he couldn't hold on to it?
Old 11-19-2006   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
So you agree that interception was on Carr when it was in AJ's hands and he couldn't hold on to it?
First INT was on Carr.

Second INT was on AJ.

Period.

Anybody who wants to excuse AJ for not fighting for the ball when it was in HIS hands is just parroting the "David Carr sucks" mantra that's as old as this team itself.

It's always easier to say that it's the same guy's fault for all our woes.

Well, I think there's two guys on this team are beginning to be just as much to blame for losses as Carr has been credited for (Cook and Stanley).

FBs are a dime a dozen. We've got a RB (Dayne) who breaks linemen's legs...put HIM in at FB and cut Cook for fumbong two catches in spots where we would have had AT LEAST a FG attempt on each fumble drive.
Old 11-19-2006   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think stats win games, Carr is your man. If you want a winning QB, try again. I guess I will just say it till I am blue in the face. This team will never consistently win big as long as Carr is the field general.

Wait, I am blue in the face. Guess that's all I can say then.
Old 11-19-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
If you think stats win games, Carr is your man. If you want a winning QB, try again. I guess I will just say it till I am blue in the face. This team will never consistently win big as long as Carr is the field general.

Wait, I am blue in the face. Guess that's all I can say then.
You have the swine blue.

on a thread related note...I'm out of here for the rest of the games and won't be back till tonight so I hope you guys keep these threads civil.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #20
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

um how was that carr's fault, was he suppose to go out and play safety on that last play, or maybe he should of took cooks spot, carr played a good game, but to me the last quater was a little to conservative for my liking, but nothin i can do, maybe next week
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read