Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2006   #1
AndrewTXAg07
Rookie

Default Fans hurt

People on this board have already hit the problems in this game. I hate to say it, but it is games like this that lose fans. I have been here for the Texans from the beginning and will be here till the end, but for those fans who are still on the fence, this game hurts. I really hope we can make a big statement next week.
Old 11-19-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fans hurt

Next week, next season, etc.

That's the Texans fan mantra.
Old 11-19-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think games that we are not competitive and get blown out are the ones that lose the fans.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im pretty mad at this game.

pathetic play calling by Kubiak

AJ does not fight for the ball

Punter cant punt past 30 yards

JP Loseman looks like Joe Montana against us

Cook fumbles

PLAYING THE FREAKING PREVENT DEFENSE?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just waiting for a game that the Texans win that they're supposed to. Have the Texans EVER won a game they were favored in?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #6
seveneventer
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to seveneventer

I just shed a few tears but thats the name of the game...it does hurt....but I am hangin in there no matter what.....for all of those who cant deal...pack it up and move it out.....
Old 11-19-2006   #7
AndrewTXAg07
Rookie

At the beginning of the game, it looks like a blowout in the making, then the team comes back and shows good resolve. That's what I think most of us will remember. But for the fans that there at the end say, "Well, lets watch the Texans blow another one," and then we do! That hurts.
Old 11-19-2006   #8
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Unfortunately, you may be correct with respect to the majority of fans. It is probably not fair to do this to this team, which is showing improvement, playing several rookies and has a first year staff that is implementing a new system from an old regime that left little to work with. That being said, it is incredibly frustrating that this organization can't seem to get enough momentum for a long enough period to get excited about the team.

There are those of us who follow the team regularly and can see the improvement. A team that is getting better. A team that took it on the chin today and came back from 14 points down, but I have got to tell you. It is getting hard. At some point, you need something to cheer about.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #9
AndrewTXAg07
Rookie

That's what I mean Spike.
Old 11-19-2006   #10
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Im pretty mad at this game.

pathetic play calling by Kubiak

AJ does not fight for the ball

Punter cant punt past 30 yards

JP Loseman looks like Joe Montana against us

Cook fumbles

PLAYING THE FREAKING PREVENT DEFENSE?
Sums it up! It was as bad of an attack mentality as I've seen from us. We laid down and gave them that game on offense.

Where are all those great plays that we run all game in the 4th when we need them?

Why must our running game consist of the 12gap EVERY FREAKING TIME.

Why do we start running the clock out at 10 minutes in the 4th?

Why do we throw bullet slants on 3rd and 2 when that actually SHOULD'VE been the play that we run that freaking smash gap play?

Why do we NOT have a 2 minute drive in our arsenal?

Why do we feel the need to run a middle school Linebacker blitz on every 3rd down play? I mean, it DOES rattle a 12 year old but a pro takes the 8 yards and calls it a first down!

We GO FOR IT on the road in our territory but can't get ANYTHING when we're AT HOME and we need it.

The blowouts hurt but these games, theones where you can't explain anything - where the entire city knows EXACTLY what we should do and we don't - these are the games that pi$$$ me off to no end!

This loss was inexcusable - period!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Why we run out the clock with 10 minutes left is a GREAT QUESTION!

Man that ticks me off!

ARGH, IM SO MAD, THE FREAKING PREVENT DEFENSE?????
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #12
Iroquois Joe
Rookie

This looks familiar after a loss. It's a mirror reflection of the Bills board most Sundays. Like for 40 years.

I root for the Texans all the time. I saw your 1st game against Dallas, and was for you then.

I like you even better now that Moulds is with you.

You want unhappiness and pain?!?!?

BE A BILLS FAN.

Anyway good game. Thanks for the hospitality.
Iroquois Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I brought a first time fan out to the game today. They aren't much into Texans football, but I assured them we had this game. They got into it midway through, and the heartbreak at the end cost us another fan, I"m almost positive.

Being a Texans fan is not fun
Old 11-19-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans hurt?

Call Dr. Laura.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #15
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pissed at the defense play calling. Where is the aggressive defense we were promised, then finally got to see the past 2 games and now has disappeared again?????

Did we ever put Losman on his butt???? Or apply any real pressure????

When is it going to sink in to our rookie coaches that YOU CAN'T WIN BY PLAYING CONSERVATIVE anymore.

Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #16
gameguy89
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
I am pissed at the defense play calling. Where is the aggressive defense we were promised, then finally got to see the past 2 games and now has disappeared again?????

Did we ever put Losman on his butt???? Or apply any real pressure????

When is it going to sink in to our rookie coaches that YOU CAN'T WIN BY PLAYING CONSERVATIVE anymore.

Actually, we did. Orr leapt over a blocker and brought Losman down. Individual efforts: that's what this game was. But we need a team effort to win.
gameguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #17
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguy89 View Post
Actually, we did. Orr leapt over a blocker and brought Losman down. Individual efforts: that's what this game was. But we need a team effort to win.
What was up with Orr today? He had a really good game, or so I thought.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read