Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2006   #1
aggieNzona
Rookie

Default Playing not to lose vs to win?

What is it about football that the conventional wisdom is to be too conservative. It is not just this game or the Texans it is all over college and the pro level. The prevent defense, punting so much, to much playing for field goals etc. Coaches get fired all the time for being to conservative I don't know of many that get fired for "going for it" too much? It's gotta be the pressure, but if they watched more "games" and maybe less "Film" they would know being a coward works far less than showing guts and even if being gutsy doesn't work you at least get the credit for having the gonads! I just do not understand it, being aggresive in an aggressive sport just seems so practical????
:brickwall
aggieNzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Playing not to lose vs to win?

I agree, go for the throat and for the LOVE OF GOD, DONT PLAY PREVENT!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #3
aggieNzona
Rookie

Default Re: Playing not to lose vs to win?

The Bills coach punting on 4th and 4 was the wrong call. Look what all had to happen for it to be the right call. The Texans had not to get a first down, they had to throw an incomplete pass to stop the clock, they had to have a bad punt and then play the prevent D and let them march down the field. Yet I bet most coaches would have played it the way the Texans and Bills did and the real question is why??? I
aggieNzona is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read