Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2006   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cook has cost us two games

Two fumbles, two totally inopurtune times. I think we would be 5-5 right now otherwise.
Old 11-19-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Cook has cost us two games

Yeah, He and Stanley need to go!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #3
Osso
Veteran

cut cook and put dayne in as fb.
Old 11-19-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Heck or Gado!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #5
NJTexanFan
Rookie

I think the only reason we actually still have him on the team is because he's pretty good at blocking but i don't care he needs to go
NJTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Cook needs to go, Stanley needs to go, Brown needs to go, Earl needs to go, and CC needs to go.

my

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, where'a the Equal Benching Opportunity Act when you need one?

A guy has cost us two games, and there beter be some form of accountability.

TWO GAMES the guy puts the ball on the ground, and in the same way each time: Catch, turn to run up field, and BOINK! there goes the ball.

How do you go home to your mansion at the end of those games and feel like you've earned your paycheck?

Thanks, Cook. How about from now on you just drop the ball and not even catch it? We'd come out a whole lot better than when you catch it and try to run with it.
Old 11-19-2006   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Two bad plays got Sheppard release.

Time for Cook to follow. (where is Norris)
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Two bad plays got Sheppard release.

Time for Cook to follow. (where is Norris)
Someone picked Norris up.

Put Dayne at FB. He breaks linemen's legs. He can do the job.
Old 11-19-2006   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Someone picked Norris up.

Put Dayne at FB. He breaks linemen's legs. He can do the job.
Where is that FB we picked up that played with Gado at Green Bay? Let's see what he can do.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #11
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Carr obviously is not getting Cook the ball in the right place when he throws it to him. Carr should be benched.

Why doesn't Cook get benched? I think he should.
Old 11-19-2006   #12
Headlights of a Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Cook needs to go, Stanley needs to go, Brown needs to go, Earl needs to go, and CC needs to go.

my
Thats my list also. Get rid of 'em
Old 11-19-2006   #13
Headlights of a Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
Carr obviously is not getting Cook the ball in the right place when he throws it to him. Carr should be benched.

Why doesn't Cook get benched? I think he should.
That or released.
Old 11-19-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't say he cost us games, but his turnovers came at bad times. We were driving during the Giants game when he fumbled and today he fumbled when the worst we could do was get a field goal. I would cut him. Vonta Leach can't be much worse can he?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea... I am not really about blaming someone for two losses. He definitely needs to be straightened out, though.
Old 11-19-2006   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Stanley needs to go?
He pinned the Bills down a couple of times with nice punts.

For all these people that everyone is suggesting be let go, whom do we replace them with?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people are not solution orriented, they just want to cut players or bench them without looking at what there is that could replace them at this late stage of the season.

I admit I thought Cook was a good signing at the beginning of the season. Now watching him play, I do not think he blocks as well as advertised and the two fumbles that cost the team (not saying the game).

Of course I want brown gone as well, and I would almost take anyone over him because he could not kick and extra point if it was at a crucial point.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #18
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

I don't really think I need to weigh in on how I feel about Cook. His rear end needed to be collecting unemployment eight weeks ago. I can't stand him. Never have liked him. Hate seeing him on the damn field.

Hate the fact that on 3rd and 15, he is on the field with two tight ends and one receiver and we are running play action. Give me a damn break already. It is amazing to me the playcalling sometimes. Any play other than any down and less that two, I just don't see why Jamel Cook needs to be on the field. I honestly do not. RELEASE HIM NOW!
Old 11-19-2006   #19
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Stanley needs to go?
He pinned the Bills down a couple of times with nice punts.

For all these people that everyone is suggesting be let go, whom do we replace them with?
i think what most people mean for most of these comments is that we need to find replacements in the near future or as soon as we can. As for stanley, i agree we could do worse. he doesnt always kick it as far as some would like but he kicks it ery high and allows the coverage guys to get under it, forcing a fair catch or giving them a chance to pin them deep.

i feel for Cook in the sense that i feel like both fumbles were not entirely his fault. Against the Giants he was hit just after he caught it and alot of people would drop that pass. Im not saying it wasnt his fault for not securing it fast enough, but he didnt have it for that long, and some argued that he didnt even have posetion of it and it should have been incomplete. As for the one today, on the replay u can see that he secures the ball well when he turns upfield, and when he anticipates the hit he puts his other hand around the ball as well and braces for the hit. I think this fumble was just because Ko Simpson got either his helmet or shoulder (couldnt see which) right on the ball and knocked it out. this happens fairly often and the fact that Jameel Cook fumbled like that only 2 games later and both during crucial drives was only bad luck and not his fault entierly. some of the fault does lie with him b/c there is always more that can be done and he might need to work on holding the ball tighter in practice, and the coaching staff might should give Leach some more looks, but i dont think the guy should be cut because of these fumbles alone. I didnt mean for this to turn into an essay so ill stop now, lol.

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Some people are not solution orriented, they just want to cut players or bench them without looking at what there is that could replace them at this late stage of the season.
First let me state that Cook's fumbles have hurt, but he made several key blocks on runs and pass protection today. Maybe he just shouldn't have the ball anymore. However, to be solution oriented...

I've been talking about this since the start of the season. First we had Cook and a 4th tight end/2nd fullback in Joppru. Talk about a swing player! When they cut Jops they brought in a 2nd fullback.

What could we have had instead of a second fullback who doesn't dress on game days? A 10th offensive lineman so we could have had much needed depth there this season. Keeping nine o-lineman led to the coaches to valuing "swing players" over single position talent. Now that we have injuries we are picking over leftovers who have no concept of our blocking scheme.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read