Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2006   #1
PocketAces
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 PocketAces has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Chad Stanley! Great Leg!

His last 3 punts from within our 30 and he avg 34 yards per punt!! Look at NFL.com he ranks dead last!! How much more of this guy must we have to deal with. He makes it hard for our team to win when he sucks so bad!
PocketAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Chad Stanley! Great Leg!

He needs to be CUT! Heck I can punt it at least 30
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't realize it was that bad, in that case, he's gotta go. See ya, pal.
Old 11-19-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

enough of this "I can punt farther" crap. You don't have top class athletes running at you. I could tell he's trying to kick it high. Look at the punts inside the 5. That's how Marciano wants Stanley to kick it, so that the coverage can catch up.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

I CAN PUNT FURTHER THAN 30 YARDS!

This guy needs to go!
Old 11-19-2006   #6
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

He did get the ball in some great spots today, but with the team needing better field position with the game on the line, a 30 yard punt isn't exactly what the team needed.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
I CAN PUNT FURTHER THAN 30 YARDS!

This guy needs to go!
I can punt further than 50 yards. Most soccer players can. Try punting it when you only have 2 seconds until 250lbs. football players hit you.
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Someone from the Dynamos can join the team!

If blah blah blah was running, and blah blah blah!

he gets a paycheck, DO THE JOB!
Old 11-19-2006   #9
Farmer Bernie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
enough of this "I can punt farther" crap. You don't have top class athletes running at you. I could tell he's trying to kick it high. Look at the punts inside the 5. That's how Marciano wants Stanley to kick it, so that the coverage can catch up.
This is crap. At the end of the game it's all about field position. 34 yards ain't gonna cut it.
He is absolutely not an NFL caliber punter.
Old 11-19-2006   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

You have to admit that when Stanley chanks punts at the end of games, or when we need him to boom one deep...he cannot do it.

So many boneheads today: Cook fumbling (again) , Stanley unable to punt deep when needed , Bad playcalling on a 3rd and 2 , Prevent defense , Faggins getting burned twice in a row on deep passes for TDs.

I knew we were going to lose the game.

I looked at my wife, and said 'We're going to lose this game." She got mad at me and when the TD happened, I looked ta her and raised an eyebrow. Didn't even need to say a word to her. She giggled and said "I knew I should have taken a nap instead of watching the game."

Only the Texans can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like that.
Old 11-19-2006   #11
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

anyone can punt the ball high, so that is no excuse! chad stanley is not even nfl europe caliber punter, moorman of the bills is the type of punter we need. That guy changed field position all day for the bills. we might as well go for it on 4th down and let carr throw and hail mary and let the other team intercept it...itll be a better outcome, at least carr can throw the ball a good 60 yards whereas stanley at best can punt the ball 30 yards max!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #12
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Really really bad job by chad ............ 4th quarter come on CHAD!!!!!! He gave the ball on the 45. That is just sad CHAD!
you people are stupid. i dont give a crap how far he can punt. he put 3 punts inside the bills 10 yd line. he was the reason why we didnt get blown out in this game. i dont understand you people wanting a change at the PUNTER (of all positions) he isnt the reason why we are 3-7. there are other things this team needs and yall talk about him like he is the worst player on the team. back off of him!
Old 11-19-2006   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can punt further than 50 yards. Most soccer players can. Try punting it when you only have 2 seconds until 250lbs. football players hit you.
Thats your job. Your job, your one sole job on the team is to kick the football. If you can't do that then your fired.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

lol...the average field position for the bills today was their own 14, dont think special teams was at fault here
Old 11-19-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Stanley should be replaced, but not by Goldeagle.
Old 11-19-2006   #16
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
lol...the average field position for the bills today was their own 14, dont think special teams was at fault here
thank you! stanley was the best defensive player on the team. if you want to dump fault on any area, put it on the offense for making stanley have to go out there in the first place for the entire 2nd half!! if it makes yall happier, the offense should do better so stanley wouldnt have to have an impact on the game. he did his best to not give them field position or big returns that could make things worse.
Old 11-19-2006   #17
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Stanley should be replaced, but not by Goldeagle.

LOL, I can agree with that

Old 11-19-2006   #18
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketAces View Post
Hey buddy, Chad Stanley ranks dead in the league, LAST!!!! He did play a huge factor into Buffalo winning the game! Chad Stanley is Capers Cancer and he needs to go!

how was he a factor in letting them win??? tell me....was it by putting 3 punts within 10 yd line??
Old 11-19-2006   #19
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

folks were 3-7.....stanley only works when our offense fails. someone tell the offense to start playing better so that you people can shut up and not flame on stanley like he is the person keeping this team from winning a superbowl.
Old 11-19-2006   #20
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck I can punt the ball 50 yards if I have time and a good kick! (kicking the ball on the right spot). And i'm not that strong or tall. However it's very hard to punt a ball far when you have no time. He's a pro though, he should be able to do so.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read