Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Should Michigan play for Nat. Championship if it comes down to them vs. OSU?
Yes! 29 69.05%
No! 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2006   #1
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default The Great Debate: Should Michigan Play in National Championship against OSU?

I say yes!!

who wouldnt want this game to take place?! The National Championship is to be played for by the 2 BEST teams in the country, and even if USC wins tonight and Michigan runs out the rest of their schedule, they are still the second best team in the country. They go into Columbus and lose by only three. I imagine the tv ratings were high for this game, but imagine if the game is played at the national championship level...arguably the best rivalry in the land. Any real college football fan would want a game like this. I just dont see how you cannot reward Michigan with another opportunity especially after the way they played today. They deserve it....and i hope justice prevails. michigan deserves the shot if they run the rest of the schedule.
Old 11-18-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Great Debate: Should Michigan Play in National Championship against OSU?

I voted no. If USC wins it's last 3 games (Cal, Notre Dame, UCLA) they deserve to go to the National Championship.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #3
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Great Debate: Should Michigan Play in National Championship against OSU?

That's the game I wanna see. OSU Vs. USC.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #4
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Is Rutgers still undefeated?
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I voted no. I'd like to see a re-match but not back-to-back games.

What's sad is that tOSU will have to wait 51 days before they play their next game. The next time the NCAA honchos say they can't have a playoff because it would make the season too long, I'll think about those 51 days between games for tOSU.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
For the moment they are.
Old 11-18-2006   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
They are getting their azzes handed to them at the moment -- by Cincinnati 27-3 late in the 3rd. -- update 30-3 in the mid-4th. Stick a fork in em.

Rutgers, Louisville, Boise, Bleh ...

Last edited by aj.; 11-18-2006 at 10:28 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2006   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Great Debate: Should Michigan Play in National Championship against OSU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
That's the game I wanna see. OSU Vs. USC.
Not to be a homebody/fanboy, this is the BEST offense OSU has had in modern history. We've already beat two no. 2's, we'll take care of the third #1 v. #2 matchup in January. We're unstoppable this year.

Troy set the record tonight for the most TD passes by an OSU QB.

To answer the pool, when the seaosn started, I wanted UT, MI, or USC.

I don't feel any of them can beat us now.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I say yes. Its one of the greatest rivalries in college football and nobody has played Ohio State this well all year. It would be interesting to see what'd happen if you gave Michigan another chance. USC hasnt looked impressive, I question Florida still, and both have a difficult game next week.
Old 11-18-2006   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

If/When tOSU wins the Sears, are they going to send half of it to Tennessee so Vince can put it on his mantle?

Old 11-18-2006   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Gawd this league is a joke. Get a freaking playoff system already.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote yes. If USC would have lost to a top team and Oregon St. then they would have gotten my vote. Michigan's one loss is to the #1 team in the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote no. I think florida is now the number 2 team and if they win the SEC they should be there. The SEC is much much tougher than the Pac 10.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #14
AJ121
Rookie

well if florida loses and ND beats usc.., then ND might get in to the national championship
AJ121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #15
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

I've watched enough Michigan, Florida and USC games to know who's the best team of these three.

Florida may play in a better conference, but it's creampuff non-conference schedule is terrible. And the lesser lights in the SEC are no better than the other two conferences.

USC beats Notre Dame, then I think I could live with them as fodder for OSU, but everyone knows damn well that Michigan is a better team.

The rematch won't happen. I think USC wins against Notre Dame and the BCS computers squeek em through.

That said, i voted for Michigan. Unreal game between the best two teams in the country by far. You could realistically say there were as many as 10 first round picks in that game today.
torontooilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #16
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ121 View Post
well if florida loses and ND beats usc.., then ND might get in to the national championship
...but, didn't Michigan kick ND's a** ?
Old 11-19-2006   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted yes. If I was perfectly willing last year to see a tOSU vs UT rematch, I should be willing to see this one. If Texas would of taken care of business this year, I would of been happpy to see it again this year. It should be clear to any college football fan after last nights game, that Texas in their current status could not play with either of these two. Whoever was banging my chops on the other thread, you're out of your mind. I knew after last nights game the "Draft Smith" crowd would come out of the wood work. Get the bug spray.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I voted no. If USC wins it's last 3 games (Cal, Notre Dame, UCLA) they deserve to go to the National Championship.
So USC deserves it because they didnt lose later in the season? Michigan lost by 3 points to the #1 team in the country at Ohio. USC lost to an unranked Oregon St team in Oregon.

Michigan, and USC will only have one loss, and you think USC's loss was a better one? Does that make sense?

When a team loses people have a knee-jerk reaction to drop them 3-5 spots. But really, is Michigan worse than Florida, or USC, or Notre Dame?

I vote yes, that they should have a rematch for the national title game. I want to see that game on a neutral teritory.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see it. Since they won't do a playoff, they may as well make the game interesting on the unusual levels that OSU/MI would offer. Immediate rematch, rivalry, etc.

I do think MI is the best one loss team too. The others have more faults and/or a worse loss.
Old 11-19-2006   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me get this straight, Michigan, number 2 in the polls before this game, loses to the number one ranked team, on their home field, by three points and another team, it doesn't matter, you pick them, deserves to play in the BCS championship game because their one loss was more impressive than Michigan's?
Thats BCS BS if you ask me. The point of this whole system is to match the two best teams in the country, not two teams in the top three who haven't played each other. Those who say Michigan had "their shot" just don't get that point. I say lets see a rematch, on a neutral site, and see who really is the best team. This is coming from a Longhorn fan, by the way, so I don't have any Michigan bias.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read