Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-18-2006   #1
was385
Rookie

Default Who Should we Get in the Draft?

I think Jake Long would be a perfect fit in the first round. He is a 320 lb tackle and probably the best in the country out of Michigan. We could move one of like Winston, Long, etc. into guard. We need a lineman and try and get a FS in the second round. Who do you guys think we should take
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #2
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Re: Who Should we Get in the Draft?

I was thinking Leon Hall before seeing him in todays game.. he looks so lost...
Old 11-18-2006   #3
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Lang won't go in the first round and is probably a 3rd round prospect at this point. There are several LT's rated higher than he is, most notably Joe Thomas (Wisconsin) and Levi Brown (Penn St.)
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
I think Jake Long would be a perfect fit in the first round. He is a 320 lb tackle and probably the best in the country out of Michigan.
Most tackles are > 300 lbs.
And there are 49 other states, lets not limit our search for tackles to 1 state.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #5
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
I was thinking Leon Hall before seeing him in todays game.. he looks so lost...
He looked horrible today
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #6
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian Peterson
Laron Landry
Gaines Adams, yea I said it.

Mario and Adams?!?!?!!!!!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #7
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Adrian Peterson
Laron Landry
Gaines Adams, yea I said it.

Mario and Adams?!?!?!!!!!
If we were going DL I'd rather pick up a monster tackle in a later round.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2006   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

1.) Outside LB - Obviously.
2.) Defensive Lineman - Payne is done. TJ is probably done with this organization and probably earns recognition as its biggest bust.
3.) Offensive Tackle - Depending on how Winston performs and Spencer's progress.
4.) Safety - I can't tell if our current safeties are any good. They don't make many plays, but they aren't as bad as Matt Stevens.
4.) RB - Lundy doesn't look like the answer and Domanick is probably done. Hoping for Gado to step up and play like he did last year.
5.) QB - Patience is starting to run thin with Carr and Rosenfels isn't a legitimate predecesor.
6.) WR - Need to find a young #2 if Mathis doesn't pan out. Walter is probably a career #3 and Moulds will only be around a few years.
Old 11-18-2006   #9
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

like i've been sayin Daymeion Hughes is our guy, look for him tonight against USC, hes gonna have a field day going against Jarrett and Smith

Last edited by hot pickle; 11-18-2006 at 07:09 PM.
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

The only thing we know for certain is that the Texans won't draft anyone listed in this thread...
Old 11-18-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it would be funny if we drafted Gaines Adams. That would make 3 defensive linemen drafted in the 1st round in three consecutive drafts. I wouldn't be that opposed to it though. Gaines, Mario, Weaver (moving to DT) and maybe TJ would probably make for a good D-line. That said, we need a LB and secondary help even more. I don't know who the top prospects are at those positions, but whoever they are, they can help us.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #12
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

if we ever needed a QB, not that we do, id take troy smith!
Old 11-18-2006   #13
MasterC25
Rookie

Could you imagine if we pick up Paul Poz. from Penn state as our weakside linebacker. Him with Demeco would tear this league up for the next 10-12 years. I can only imagine
MasterC25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #14
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
if we ever needed a QB, not that we do, id take troy smith!
After his bowl performance last year against ND I've thought he's the best QB in the country. Quinn is not even close to him IMO. Troy Smith = Oakland Raider in 2007.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #15
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

OLB,DT,DB,OL. I think our weakest position is OLB we need someone can work with DeMeco. DT is banged up. DB we need onemore really good DB from draft or FA. OL we can't get enough of them. Especially C,G. Flanagan is getting old and perhaps a few more years left in him. And Kicker or Punter anyone? A recent performance of these two made me a bit nervous.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #16
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

if we can get kevin kolb in the 2nd day i would say why not, Kubiak would probably have a good time teachin him, or if troy smith drops to the 2nd round i would take him to

but daymeion hughes or LaRon Landry would be my dream
Old 11-18-2006   #17
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Paul P. from Penn State or Laron Landry

We need a playmaker safety. "Can't Cover" Brown makes me sick.
Old 11-18-2006   #18
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO Texan View Post
Dude, what are you smokin? There is no way Troy Smith drops to the second round. There's only like a 1 and 32 chance of THAT happening.
But you would have to be a tard not to take him if he did.

I would like to see us pick up an OLB,FS,and OL on the first day. On the second day we should go OL ,DL, K, WR/RB.

I trust Kubes to make the best decisions for this team.I think he and R.Smith will be bringing alot of talent into this franchise in the future. If they do half as good as they did this season we will be in real good shape in 07 and 08! GO NEW TEXANS!!!
thats why i said IF he did, we better take him
Old 11-18-2006   #19
fdknuckles
Rookie

IMO we are seriously shallow in our CB's and safeties. I wouldn't mind picking up Griffen from Texas to allow Dunta a little more play making time. When we had Aaron Glen, Dunta was the weak side DB and make some hella plays and got what 6 picks his first year. Lets free him up again and put a heavy hitter in our defensive back field.
fdknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the big OT from Michigan, Jake Long was impressive today. excellent pass protection and paving lanes for Hart.

Leon Hall got burned a couple times by Ginn but who doesnt, he did make a nice shoe string tackle once, I would be ok if the Texans drafted him. CB rankings usually change after the combine anyway.

LeRon Landry had another solid game (7 tackles, 5 assisted) he should be a top 15 pick (Texans could be in the 11-15 range if they show they can beat the Bills tomorrow who are sitting right now at #11).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read