Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2006   #1
SLO Texan
Veteran

Default Nfl Live!!!

Finally we get a little respect from these guys.

They both picked the Texans to beat the Bills on Sunday!

Mark said he liked the way Kubiak is spreading the ball around on offense and Darren said he likes how our D has been stepping up!!

They also called it the Moulds vs Bills game.
SLO Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nfl Live!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO Texan View Post
Finally we get a little respect from these guys.

Mark said he liked the way Kubiak is spreading the ball around on offense and Darren said he likes how our D has been stepping up!!

They also called it the Moulds vs Bills game.
IIRC, we haven't had the best of games being the favorite. That said, hopefully we start winning the games we're supposed to win.
Old 11-17-2006   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IIRC, we haven't had the best of games being the favorite. That said, hopefully we start winning the games we're supposed to win.
I agree. People should stop making us the favorites, we'll lose bigtime then
Old 11-17-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I agree. People should stop making us the favorites, we'll lose bigtime then
LOL! That's the truth. Things are changing (for the better) with this team so there's no telling what we'll get to see Sunday.
Old 11-17-2006   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

In order to be a contender next year we have to step up and start winning the games we're supposed to win THIS year.
Old 11-17-2006   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Dick Vermeil said that in order to make it into the play-offs, a team had to win half their games against teams with a winning schedule, and all the games against teams with losing schedules. The key was winning out against the teams you should beat, i.e., the Bills.
Old 11-17-2006   #7
Texans>Colts
Veteran

Quote:

Holy ****. Its a first! :bananasplit:
Old 11-17-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a game against the Bengals are first year. I remember that was our first time ever being favored and we promptly lost 31-3. I hope I didn't jinx the team either.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Golic & Schlereth both picked us to win on ESPN.com

That fills me with confidence. Both those guys pick games better than anyone else on ESPN.

Out of the 8 "experts" we were picked to win 5-3 & some ESPN computer (?) picked the Bills to win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's funny how some of you guys live and die by predictions made by some people in ESPN or NFL Network etc. The thing is, until we start winning consistently we will not get any respect. That's just the way it is. And just because some "expert" picked us to win doesn't make it so. Anyway that's my 2 cents on that.
Old 11-17-2006   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it's funny to me how freakin pessismistic some people on this board are. Our team has sucked for three out of its four years of existence and this season we seem to be headed in the right direction.

The national media namely ESPN has been bashing us for our draft choices and labeled us as a springboard for whomever is facing us. Now we are playing well & they're beginning to give us some credit and I for one am OK with not being labeled the suckiest team in the NFL by everyone anymore.

And please don't belittle my or anyone elses intelligence with your sarcasm.I know that just b/c some expert picked my team to win doesn't make it so, I'm not an i d i o t nor is anyone else who posted on this thread. That's why its called a PREDICTION.
So take your "Debbie Downer" attitude somewhere else.
I never mentioned in my post that you shouldn't be happy. All I said was that some people just put too much into some articles on the Texans and by several "pundits". I frankly couldn't care less what the national media thinks, but that's just me. I know our team is playing well and with that will come some attention. So be it. But it seems like if anyone on ESPN or anywhere else "bashes" our team or player that person or publication becomes villified instantly. And it's the complete opposite if someone actually writes something positive. I guess I'm being a "Debbie Downer" by keeping a level head.
Old 11-17-2006   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Quote:
That is a good point. I guess that just comes with the emotion of being a fan of an up and coming team. And my head is still up in the clouds after that win against Jax last week. Anyway, sorry for taking some of my frustrations w/ the board out on you. Here's to a good game and hopefully a W this weekend!! I dont know why I just have really been wanting to use the snowboard guy....

I understand. I want this team to win just as much as the next Texans fan.
Old 11-17-2006   #13
phan1
All Pro

Well, learning how to win when we're favored is the next big step for this team. Rarely have we been the favorite, and even more rarely have we won games that we were favored to win. I really hope we win this one. I'm sick of being a losing team that only occasionally pulls upsets during the season. Story of our franchise.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #14
Low Life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a game against the Bengals are first year. I remember that was our first time ever being favored and we promptly lost 31-3. I hope I didn't jinx the team either.
I got promptly hauled out of that game by 6 cops after a yuppy in the front row swung on me for cheering for a losing team with too much vigor. The highlight of my career as a Texans fan. Thought I would share that with you all. I actually am sitting in those same seats on 12/10. Anyway.
Old 11-18-2006   #15
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

The Bills are so bad, the Texans will have to do several monumentally horrible things to lose this game. I hope they have their heads screwed on right, because I think there will be a completely full, raucous stadium for the first time in a long time. ....I know, I know. All of the games have been sell-outs, but that place hasn't been as loud and full as it could be in a long time. Sell-out does not equal butts in all seats.
Old 11-18-2006   #16
bigTEXan8
All Pro

maybe the texans can get all the teams they play against to wear jags uni's. maybe the texans will get confused and just think they are playing the jags every week. we'll go 16-0. ha!!!!
Old 11-18-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
The Bills are so bad, the Texans will have to do several monumentally horrible things to lose this game. .
They aren't as bad as you think.

The Bills have two outstanding edge rushers in Kelsay and Schobel - Salaam and Winston will need help. We have no depth at OT or DT. It's essential that the Texans get the lead early so they can play their game.

The Bills will play two deep zone all day long and keep everything in front of them - just like they did to Peyton last week. There won't be a lot of deep looks -- finding Daniels up the middle seam will be critical - as will running the ball - and screens. The Bills will press their corners and try to keep Carr in the pocket. They will try to force us into 14 play drives and wait for a screw up.

The Bills special teams are among the best in the league.

I think the Texans will win but the notion that it will take something horrible to happen for the Texans to lose is ridiculous.

Last edited by aj.; 11-18-2006 at 01:09 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #18
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
They aren't as bad as you think.

The Bills have two outstanding edge rushers in Kelsay and Schobel - Salaam and Winston will need help. We have no depth at OL or at DT. It's essential that the Texans get the lead early so they can play their game.

The Bills will play two deep zone all day long and keep everything in front of them - just like they did to Peyton last week. There won't be a lot of deep looks -- finding Daniels up the middle seam will be critical - as will running the ball - and screens. The Bills will press their corners and try to keep Carr in the pocket. They will try to force us into 14 play drives and wait for a screw up.

The Bills special teams are among the best in the league.

I think the Texans will win but the notion that it will take something horrible to happen for the Texans to lose is ridiculous.
Points taken, but the Bills are nothing special offensively and our defense looks better every week. The home cooking should do our defense proud. Losman will hopefully need eyes in the back of his head. Garrard's failed him last week.
Old 11-18-2006   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I want the texans to win. I want to believe the texans will win, but my spidey sense is tingling.
Old 11-18-2006   #20
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
I want the texans to win. I want to believe the texans will win, but my spidey sense is tingling.
Say it ain't so! A home loss after the strides we have seen the last few weeks would be devastating to my psyche.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read