Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Do you like Reggie Bush?
Yes 26 45.61%
No 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2006   #1
TexasSportsFan4
Rookie

Default Do you like Reggie Bush

I've noticed a lot of Texans fans who are anti-Reggie Bush considering we passed on him for Mario Williams, and so far it looks like we may have made the better pick.

I'm just wondering how many of you like or don't like Reggie. To keep things simple, it's just a yes or no question.
TexasSportsFan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you like Reggie Bush

I don't know Reggie Bush

NFL Forum........
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSportsFan4 View Post
I've noticed a lot of Texans fans who are anti-Reggie Bush considering we passed on him for Mario Williams, and so far it looks like we may have made the better pick.

I'm just wondering how many of you like or don't like Reggie. To keep things simple, it's just a yes or no question.
no.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #4
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

No, not as an offensive threat. As a distraction? Maybe.
Old 11-17-2006   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

of course, more if he we're a Texan

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #6
Texansfan36
Veteran

Sadly I have to say NO, I want to like RB I really do, but BSPN has mad my life a living HE** with all the friggin highlights, and BSin on Mario. So until they finally admit that we didn't screw up and RB isn't the greatest thing since the football itself, I will never like RB.

Go TEXANS!!!
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #7
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked yes.

I just don't like that he was compared to one of the greatest running backs of all time...Barry Sanders.

I would have been fine with the fact that he was a great running back coming out of college and that he had the potential to be a great back, but other than that, he was overhyped.

I hope he doesn't turn into Kijana Carter though.
Old 11-17-2006   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I voted no, as in, I don't like him as a running back. He has never struck me as a back that can be an every-down, between-the-tackles type of back. Mix in a whole lot of unjustified hype, even more unjustified crucifixion of the team and we fans that didn't want him in the first place ....

Yeah, I don't like him.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Im a self proclaimed Reggie Bush hater so no . . .
Old 11-17-2006   #10
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

im obligated to say yes, only because hes on my fantasy team.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY View Post
im obligated to say yes, only because hes on my fantasy team.
That sucks.

Does he ever get you many points?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i hate him...wish he would go play in traffic

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #13
TexasSportsFan4
Rookie

For those of you who are saying that he was overhyped...

Don't you think it's a little soon to determine that? I agree that they have hyped him up quite a bit but he's only played a half of a season in the NFL and will likely get better as time goes on.

I'm on the fence really. I don't hate him but I really don't like him either. I voted yes mainly because he seems like an alright guy and not a thug.
TexasSportsFan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #14
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

could we have a couldn't give a toss about Reggie option in the poll?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #15
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm..I voted yes but that's based on what he did in college. He was simply and amazing player and many a times he did things I've never seen before. As a person I probably don't like him because of the shady dealings he had during his USC days. But that doesn't matter to me really. He is an amazing football player. And yes I was on the Reggie Bush bandwagon and I was crushed to say the least that we drafted Mario Williams. Not so much so about Mario's ability, but that we weren't able to get more with that no.1 pick. Yeah I know teams were not going to trade up supposedly. Anyway, Bush if off to a slow start and Mario is looking better each week. But it's still to early to say what the future hold for each. I'm hoping both become stars and have successful careers in the NFL.
Old 11-17-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got no reason to dislike the guy.

Do I hate the media hype? Of course. But I'm not one to like the media in general anyway. That goes without saying. I could care less what fish hacks and talking heads think about the Texans and their decisions. They will surely change their attitudes (like always) when Kubiak turns this team into a winning franchise.

But as a football fan, I hope Bush does well. It's enjoyable to watch good football players do their thing. It's like beauty and the beast all rolled into one, and it's a moving work of art, IMO.
Old 11-17-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty ambivalent about the guy. Didn't vote.

Never really impressed me as a Running Back because I like the power runners better. If they just moved him to the slot and left him there, I'd like to see what he could do.

The only time I don't like him is when his fans come in here swinging on his jock while they're talking about how much Mario Williams sucks. Hasn't happened lately.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wanted to draft Reggie Bush. I didn't slam the organization like other's did, but I was disappointed when he chose Mario instead. But because of all the media bashing that ESPN and everyone else did, proclaiming Mario as Same Bowie and Bush as Jordan, that made me dislike him.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #19
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Do I like him? Dunno - never met him.

Do I like him for what he did in his college days? Yes.
... for the focus he gave the Texans fans during their 2005 20 game preseason? Yes.
....for bringing all the trolls and couch GM's to the board during this offseason? No.
... for the media hype? No.
.... for bringing some glimmer of hope to N.O. after what they went through? Yes.
... for being a well payed decoy? Indifferent - not my account that's paying him.
... for his alleged dealings in college? If so, he'll get his. Karma's a beeya...
... for doing just enough to bypass him and let us get Mario? Yes.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I voted no, as in, I don't like him as a running back. He has never struck me as a back that can be an every-down, between-the-tackles type of back. Mix in a whole lot of unjustified hype, even more unjustified crucifixion of the team and we fans that didn't want him in the first place ....

Yeah, I don't like him.
I don't hate him.... I don't like him. but because of the reasons eriadoc mentioned, I never thought he was worthy of the #1 pick. In fact I'm insulted ESPN would try to "muscle" us into selecting Reggie with the #1 pick. They knew we didn't have a need at running back..... they knew our biggest problems were defense, and protecting the QB. With D'Brickshaw & Mario at the top of everyones list, I just don't see how they would assume we'd just take the pretty pick, at a position we didn't need, especially when that "pretty pick" doesn't fit the mold of a top ten running back.

In case you have trouble spotting them, that was a run on sentence.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read