Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nice Owen Daniels Mention

Link

Quote:
Best pick: Owen Daniels, Texans (Wisconsin) -- This guy is really, really good, a possession receiver who makes a huge impact in the red zone. He's a little on the small side, but he's a competent blocker as well.
Old 11-17-2006   #2
moses77550
Rookie

Default Re: Nice Owen Daniels Mention

Nice Find! I thought Daniels was a hell of a pick.
moses77550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

When we picked him, I went Uhhh? We had Putz, so what do we need another TE for when we had soooo many holes to fill. Now, I think it was a great pick.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'm trying to remember - what round did we get him in?

Owen Daniels has been a great boon to the Texans. I am nicely surprised at how well the draft class is performing in their first year, and I can only look forward to even better play in the upcoming years.
Old 11-17-2006   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post

Owen Daniels has been a great boon to the Texans. I am nicely surprised at how well the draft class is performing in their first year, and I can only look forward to even better play in the upcoming years.
First pick of the fourth round.
Old 11-17-2006   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post

Daniels was our 4th rounder. 1st guy taken on Day 2.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Very nice read. I love the fact we have OD. He seems like a great guy as well. I look forward to reading his weekly diary on the Texans website every week. I still think Davis will be a good TE, but I'm stoked we ended up with OD.:bananasplit:
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

After Marques Colston, maybe Owen is the best value pick in this years Draft ?
BTW, we need to get this guy an interesting, colorful nickname. "Owen" does
not sound like a TEs name. He studied Meteorology at Wisconsin. Maybe we call him the "Weatherman" ? But that's not very origional ? Surely
a more creative mind can come up with a good idea ? We can't have a TE named Owen. Don't want to dis the parents, I'm sure they love the name they gave their son.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #9
Osso
Veteran

Just call him OD....that's what my buddys and I call him.
Old 11-17-2006   #10
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

He's also mentioned in this article towards the end. Jist is start him on your fantasy team and that he is under rated.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/9810333
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #11
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like we're gonna have to give Owen a nickname too.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

There was one other mention of Daniels this week in the national media, but I can't remember exactly where. Either way, he is getting a ton of pub as of late.

If Kubiak could teach Carr to throw the ball down the middle to him... oh, the possibilities...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
DeMeco was the BVP in the 2006 draft

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #14
Osso
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
He's also mentioned in this article towards the end. Jist is start him on your fantasy team and that he is under rated.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/9810333
I have him and kellen winslow....with winslows WR numbers he's my starter but it's nice to know my buddy's can't use OD.
Old 11-17-2006   #15
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
BTW, we need to get this guy an interesting, colorful nickname. "Owen" does
not sound like a TEs name. He studied Meteorology at Wisconsin. Maybe we call him the "Weatherman" ? But that's not very origional ? Surely
a more creative mind can come up with a good idea ? We can't have a TE named Owen. Don't want to dis the parents, I'm sure they love the name they gave their son.
OD is a sweet nickname.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt View Post
OD is a sweet nickname.
I dunno, but maybe we need an ode to OD ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt View Post
OD is a sweet nickname.
That does work well. I like it.
Old 11-17-2006   #18
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

A little jab at some of you just to remind you this was a Casserly pick based on what Kubiak has said.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
A little jab at some of you just to remind you this was a Casserly pick based on what Kubiak has said.
Yes and no.

Casserly this year was picking for a particular offensive philosophy.

Tight Ends coach Brian Pariani values very intelligent, athletic, tight ends who can both block and catch. He likes ex-QBs. He says that on offense, the three positions he expects to know the most are QB, center and TE. Kubiak's system values TEs more than some other offenses do.

I am guessing Casserly pimped the pick based on what they were looking for. And what they already had.
Old 11-18-2006   #20
Low Life
Rookie

I'll continue to call him owen.
(pronounced oweeeeen, like the hag in throw momma from the train)
have fun with OD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read