Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-17-2006   #1
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Projected Draft Order as of 11/14

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

I think we'll win 3-4 more games, which could move us somewhat further down the list. That being said, our SOS will increasingly weaken thus that'll help us in tie situations. Without being scientific about it, I'm guessing we end up at 9 -
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected Draft Order as of 11/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
Without being scientific about it, I'm guessing we end up at 9 -
That would be nice ninth is a far better spot to be in then 1-3 as far as price/performance goes. We can't afford another top pick.
Old 11-17-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Somewhere in the 5-10 I expect. Probably more towards the 10 than the 5.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

expect miami to drop out of the top 10 soon.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #5
real

1 Arizona1-8
2 Detroit 2-7
3 Oakland 2-7
4 Tampa Bay 2-7
5 Tennessee 2-7
6 Miami 3-6
7 Houston 3-6
8 Cleveland 3-6
9 Pittsburgh 3-6
10 Washington 3-6
11 Buffalo3-6
12 Minnesota 4-5
13 St. Louis 4-5
14 Green Bay 4-5
15 San Francisco 4-5
16 Cincinnati 4-5
17 Atlanta 5-4
18 New York Jets 5-4
19 Dallas 5-4
20 Carolina 5-4
21 Jacksonville 5-4
22 Kansas City 5-4
23 Philadelphia 5-4
24 New England (from Seattle) 6-3
25 New Orleans
26 New England 6-3
27 New York Giants 6-3
28 Baltimore 7-2
29 San Diego 7-2
30 Denver 7-2
31 Chicago 8-1
32 Indianapolis 9-0

I think they have us about right...

I think we'll probably end up in the 7-10 range...
Old 11-17-2006   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice post xt. Anyone up for a thread mock with this list ? Got the hillidays coming up. Just a thought.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it will finish more like this.

1. Arizona
2. Oakland
3. Detroit
4. Tennessee
5. Tampa Bay
6. Cleveland
7. Washington
8. Buffalo
9. Miami
10. Houston

This would be good for us cuz we could take any of the elite DBs (mainly the safeties) here without taking any trash for picking them too high.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see no way Joe Thomas gets past the first six. If Gaither comes out for that matter, I think both go off the board with that group of six. Always too expensive to move up for me. Just me. Looks like I better get use to Mr. Landry/Griffith. Aynone else impressed with Reevas of Pitt last night ? Is he in the mix now ?
I also like the LB on the weak side for Pitt. Not a day one guy but a guy who has experence at both the Middle and Will. Blades is a nice LB. Just don't know if he is a NFL LB.
Old 11-17-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I can see no way Joe Thomas gets past the first six. If Gaither comes out for that matter, I think both go off the board with that group of six. Always too expensive to move up for me. Just me. Looks like I better get use to Mr. Landry/Griffith. Aynone else impressed with Reevas of Pitt last night ? Is he in the mix now ?
I also like the LB on the weak side for Pitt. Not a day one guy but a guy who has experence at both the Middle and Will. Blades is a nice LB. Just don't know if he is a NFL LB.
Darrelle Revis (CB, Pitt) is a Jr who is expected to stay in school for 1 more year. He has 2 INT this year & has returned both for TDs. If he declared then he would most likely go early 3rd to late 4th.

Gaither might also stay another year. If he does then he will have a chance at being the #1 overall in next year's draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice post xt. Anyone up for a thread mock with this list ? Got the hillidays coming up. Just a thought.
I'll throw up a top 10 mock with these guys...maybe ill come back and finish the rest but right now i dont have the time or patience for that haha.

1 Arizona - Joe Thomas
2 Detroit - Brady Quinn
3 Oakland - Calvin Johnson
4 Tampa Bay - Leon Hall
5 Tennessee - Dwayne Jarrett
6 Miami - Gaines Adams
7 Houston - LaRon Landry
8 Cleveland - Kenny Irons
9 Pittsburgh - Quinn Pitcock
10 Washington - Levi Brown
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

as long as monte kiffin is in town, the bucs won't take a CB that high.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking that Barber is getting older, and who is their #2 corner? Tampa Bay aint that great at defense anymore. I think they could use another corner, but your right i dont know if they will take one that high. He'd be a hard guy for me to pass up.
Old 11-17-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can see no way Joe Thomas gets past the first six.
This Thomas guy is getting a lot of hype. I dunno, but anybody but me wondering if he might be this years Robert Gallery ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
This Thomas guy is getting a lot of hype. I dunno, but anybody but me wondering if he might be this years Robert Gallery ?
It's possible but I dont think so.
Old 11-17-2006   #15
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's possible but I dont think so.
Did you think Robert Gallery was going to flop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Did you think Robert Gallery was going to flop?
No, but I think it just happens to some guys. It's a very hard thing to predict...especially for fans who cannot meet the players.
Old 11-18-2006   #17
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'll throw up a top 10 mock with these guys...maybe ill come back and finish the rest but right now i dont have the time or patience for that haha.

1 Arizona - Joe Thomas
2 Detroit - Brady Quinn
3 Oakland - Calvin Johnson
4 Tampa Bay - Leon Hall
5 Tennessee - Dwayne Jarrett
6 Miami - Gaines Adams
7 Houston - LaRon Landry
8 Cleveland - Kenny Irons
9 Pittsburgh - Quinn Pitcock
10 Washington - Levi Brown
Do you really think Adrian Peterson falls out of the top 10? Am I missing something?
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #18
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
as long as monte kiffin is in town, the bucs won't take a CB that high.
exactly. leon hall is not a cover 2 corner.
Old 11-18-2006   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
Do you really think Adrian Peterson falls out of the top 10? Am I missing something?
I dont think he is going to come out of school...his dad just got out of jail...JMO
Old 11-18-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Unless he falls out of the shower or something, he'll be gone within the first four picks. He's the second rated prospect behind Calvin Johnoson in my book. Much better athlete than Gallery. No one in the league currently will get around this guy on a five step drop. No one. Be a hoot to see him go to Tennessee and see the Mario match up the next several years.

Didn't see Gaither play today with Maryland. Did he get hurt vs Miami ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read