Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2006   #1
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Chester. "Gotta Love Him"

I know this is a week old but I just read it and started laughing. This could be rated as a player "quote of the year".
After our win over the Jags.

From The Football Outsiders:

To win this game here is huge. Its bigger than a monkey off our back. No, its a cow. Its a longhorn.

Texans guard Chester Pitts

"Tell it like it is Chester!"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...n-quotes/4550/
Old 11-16-2006   #2
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Re: Chester. "Gotta Love Him"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
I know this is a week old but I just read it and started laughing. This could be rated as a player "quote of the year".
After our win over the Jags.

From The Football Outsiders:

To win this game here is huge. Its bigger than a monkey off our back. No, its a cow. Its a longhorn.

Texans guard Chester Pitts

"Tell it like it is Chester!"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...n-quotes/4550/
You speak from what you know. I saw that comment & enjoyed it also. Pitts truly amazes me. He just keeps on ticking.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #3
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
You speak from what you know. I saw that comment & enjoyed it also. Pitts truly amazes me. He just keeps on ticking.
Yeah he does....and the big guy is "original" equipment too ! I am glad he playing guard now instead of tackle!
Old 11-16-2006   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad to see him back at Guard also. Thats where he belongs.

I also think that Chester is a pretty cool guy in that his dad is a police officer or detective (sorry Fred Weary), and he didn't play high school football because he went to a School for Mathematics. I beleive he was working in a grocery store while attending SDSU when Kyle Turley of all people noticed him and told him he should be playing football. I think Turley introduced him to SDSU's coach and the rest is history.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

It was Turley AND Salaam who found him in that Grocery store.

I hang out at grocery stores hoping Andre Johnson will come in and tell me that a short fat irish guy CAN play WR in the NFL....Ya know, I can run really good routes
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

I also think that Chester is a pretty cool guy in that his dad is a police officer or detective (sorry Fred Weary), and he didn't play high school football because he went to a School for Mathematics. I beleive he was working in a grocery store while attending SDSU when Kyle Turley of all people noticed him and told him he should be playing football. I think Turley introduced him to SDSU's coach and the rest is history.
Thanks for the low-down Bill !
Old 11-16-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

yeah, that's an awesome story. Salaam told Chester earlier this year (off season) that they'd be playing together this year, and he was right!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read