Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-16-2006   #1
thefuture17
Rookie

Default Strongest throwers??

who do you guys think are the nfls strongest throwing QBs are heres my list

1.Brett Favre
2.David Carr
3.Michael Vick
4.Rex Grossman
5.?
Old 11-16-2006   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Re: Strongest throwers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuture17 View Post
who do you guys think are the nfls strongest throwing QBs are heres my list

1.Brett Favre
2.David Carr
3.Michael Vick
4.Rex Grossman
5.?
How about a QB 6' 5" "with a rocket laser arm".

I just don't think Grossman or Carr has the arm of Peyton Manning, nor Carlson Palmer. Others on the list I agree with.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Brett Favre
2. Carson Palmer
3. Peyton Manning

Those are the only three that I can think of that have a rocket launcher for an arm. I'm not even sure Manning has that strong of an arm but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #4
thefuture17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
How about a QB 6' 5" "with a rocket laser arm".

I just don't think Grossman or Carr has the arm of Peyton Manning, nor Carlson Palmer. Others on the list I agree with.
im not saying the best throwers im saying strongest and peyton just doesnt seem that strong of a thrower to me
Old 11-16-2006   #5
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuture17 View Post
im not saying the best throwers im saying strongest and peyton just doesnt seem that strong of a thrower to me
I know what you said. I have seen Peyton zip the ball all around the field on the Texans too many times (9 and counting), too many 25 to 30 yard strikes to Stockley in the slot to know he has a cannon (way better than Carr's sand wedge deep ball).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #6
real

Michael Vick
Old 11-16-2006   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO it goes
Vick
Farve
Leftwich
C Palmer
McNabb
Culpepper
Chad Pennington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I know what you said. I have seen Peyton zip the ball all around the field on the Texans too many times (9 and counting), too many 25 to 30 yard strikes to Stockley in the slot to know he has a cannon (way better than Carr's sand wedge deep ball).
Byron Leftwich won a offseason tournament for QBs to see who could throw the farthest. I think he threw it 60 somthing yards so peytons 25 to 30 yard strikes dont count as a cannon to me. Even though alot of them turn into a 60 yard TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #9
Ryan82
Rookie

Kyle Boiler had a 60 yrder from his knees in a commercial/clip. I think that sums it up who wins.
Ryan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan82 View Post
Kyle Boiler had a 60 yrder from his knees in a commercial/clip. I think that sums it up who wins.
Vick threw a ball from the 50 yd line to the top row of seats in a stadium in a powerade commercial his rookie year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenged Sevenfold Texan View Post
Your joking right? Special effects are awesome.
You're right. It was a comeback for this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan82 View Post
Just cuz you see it in a commercial doesnt mean he really did it.
Old 11-16-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris Brown .. 2005 best "thrower" of games

edit.. might want to include his 2006 misses . so I may be a little off
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr has a pretty strong arm too. 2002 against the cowboys Jermain lewis' infamous drop (used to be on youtube).. that was atleast 55+ and was a lazer
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Manning has improved his arm strength since he joined the league, which is fairly unusual, from what I've read.

Carr certainly belongs on the short list - no one said anything about effectiveness or accuracy. He can definitely put some mustard on the ball, though.

Vick, Favre, and Boller are also on the short list, to be sure. I recall reading a piece about Cutler having good arm strength, though I never watched him in college, so I can't say.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Manning has improved his arm strength since he joined the league, which is fairly unusual, from what I've read.

Carr certainly belongs on the short list - no one said anything about effectiveness or accuracy. He can definitely put some mustard on the ball, though.

Vick, Favre, and Boller are also on the short list, to be sure. I recall reading a piece about Cutler having good arm strength, though I never watched him in college, so I can't say.
Cutler does have a gun but not like Favre, Vick, etc...
Old 11-16-2006   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

1. Farve - Everybody else is a distant 2nd.
2. Vick - You never know where it's going, but it's going to get there in a hurry.
3. Leftwich - Takes longer for him to wind up than it does for the ball to arrive at its destination.
4. McNabb - Next time you watch him throw a deep pass, notice the velocity on it.
5. Bledsoe - Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat but he's got a gun.

Others that would give Bledsoe a run for 5th:
David Carr
Tom Brady
Daunte Culpepper
Rex Grossman

Peyton Manning wouldn't make the top 10 on this list. He's got a great arm if you combine his accuracy with strength. But his arm strength alone doesn't stand out to me.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #17
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 138 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Brooks has an absolute cannon, especially when he throws the ball forward. Now, what team catches the ball after it is thrown is anyone's guess, but it will definitely happen either very quickly, or a considerable distance down the field.

By this time next year, I think the answer to the question posed in this thread will likely be JaMarcus Russel, although he probably won't be starting for anyone.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #18
Ryan82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
You're right. It was a comeback for this post.

Just cuz you see it in a commercial doesnt mean he really did it.
I just couldn't remember were I saw it. I think it was on Espn or something. I'll try and find a clip from youtube.
Ryan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm . . . do we all have short memories or what?

I seem to recall a 70+ yard perfect spiral hail mary thrown by Daunte Culpepper at the end of the half in the Dolphins game. Kubiak talked about it on his radio show. They asked how far he could throw it in his day, and he said he could maybe get it 50 yards with a strong wind behind his back. I wanted to call him up and ask him how far Elway could throw it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Umm . . . do we all have short memories or what?

I seem to recall a 70+ yard perfect spiral hail mary thrown by Daunte Culpepper at the end of the half in the Dolphins game. Kubiak talked about it on his radio show. They asked how far he could throw it in his day, and he said he could maybe get it 50 yards with a strong wind behind his back. I wanted to call him up and ask him how far Elway could throw it.
I think it depends on your thinking when it comes to strong arm...

When I hear strong arm Im thinking about being able to Zing a pass into tight spaces or making a throw to the right side line from the left hash....

I don't neccessarily equate throwing the ball far with having a strong arm...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read