Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2006   #1
SLO Texan
Veteran

Default ESPN Power Rankings & MORE!!

I hate these things because they always seem to contradict themselves.

But besides the fact we're ranked #26 there was a funny jab at our rival Jags next to it.

It says"
Six of Houston's 21 franchise wins have come against Jacksonville and this is the second time in the past three seasons the Texans have swept the Jags. Or, in other words, Jacksonville is Houston's red-headed stepchild."

Ha Ha,nice one ESPN!!!

Besides that I thnk 26 is BS considering....well whatever I'm a that's why.

P.S.- Can someone tell me how to provide a link? I don't know how.
SLO Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #2
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN Power Rankings & MORE!!

go to the web address in your browser.

Copy there

Paste here.

I kinda wanna see.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

CBS Sportsline has us at #22. We're only 3 spots behind the SB champions!

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #4
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

These are all hypothetical rankings anyways, and most of the time the authors don't even follow the teams that closely to be able to provide accurate information.

I forget who, but in the pregame analysis (in fact it was on ESPN's website previewing the game), they talk about protecting the qb more because Carr is 9th in sacked stats in the league, when in reality, most of those came early in the season and the Texans have been making strides in this category.

Besides being obvious (every team wants to allow fewer sacks) it is just more blabber about who is at the top of the rankings and the very bottom... anything between 6 and 30 is really not that big of a deal.
Old 11-15-2006   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember back in 2004 when Dr. Z (foxsports) had us ranked 7th. I believe it was the week of the Denver game.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #6
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I remember back in 2004 when Dr. Z (foxsports) had us ranked 7th. I believe it was the week of the Denver game.
Yea I think it was after the Jags game when we were 4-3.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dr. Z works for Sports Illustrated. Either way, I always disregard his power rankings. His predictions are pure poop most of the time. At least he was honest about us in this week's power rankings. He put us at #27 (and did give us some praise):

Quote:
Odd to find this much quality this far down. I mean these teams can and do beat good teams. Texans kind of intrigue me. Haven't seen enough of their games. Sent away to the club for game films. Club very kind in obliging. When I can find the space, I'll have a little work up for you on what I found.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ks3/index.html

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anyone remember the "skits" on ESPN during that week? A lot of fun was poked at us going for a franchise-high 3rd straight win. Kailee Wong was pretty funny in it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Foxsports.com has us at #26. By the way they also posted this about Reggie Bush when they ranked the Saint's, I got a chuckle out of it...

Quote:
Reggie Bush scored his first career touchdown from scrimmage Sunday on a dazzling 15-yard scamper off a double reverse in a 38-31 loss to the defending champion Steelers. Haven't seen it? It's all over YouTube, along with every big run he had at USC, his high school highlight reel, and probably something from when he was in kindergarten.
Old 11-16-2006   #10
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

seems like a fair ranking to me. we've improved more than our wins suggest imo, but we still only have 3 wins.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt View Post
seems like a fair ranking to me. we've improved more than our wins suggest imo, but we still only have 3 wins.
That and we could be in danger of being really bad again with just a few more injury problems. We're banged up.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #12
real

Quote:
23. Houston Texans (3-6)
The Texans pulled the Florida trifecta by knocking off the Jags twice and the Dolphins once. Heck, they even beat the Bucs in the preseason.
http://football.about.com/cs/news/a/bl_power.htm

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read