Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2006   #1
kubs-elway
Rookie

Default Bronco Wanting to be a Texan

Word out of denver is that Jake Plummer hates the new o'coordinator, and shannahan. He has told friends that he will either be cut, or force a cut, and do whatever he can to play for kubiak once again. I believe jake will never be great, but he could take the texans to the playoffs. I bet he would come cheep after a bad year in denver, and probally force carr to play good or get the hell out of town.
Old 11-15-2006   #2
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bronco Wanting to be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubs-elway View Post
stirring the pot indeed. Personally, I think Carr will continue to excel under Kubiak. That combined with his youth, I prefer him to Plummer.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #3
kubs-elway
Rookie

I would prefer carr as well, but you would be in a great situation with him as a backup.
Old 11-15-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr>Plummer
Old 11-15-2006   #5
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh my, if this is true and Jake Plummer ends up in Houston, the drama that would be involved would be out of this world.

However, I think it is next to impossible for it to happen because I think Plummer makes more money than Carr, and I don't see Plummer taking a significant amount of a paycut to have both guys on the roster. Would like to hear some thoughts on the cap issue with this and it is even possible.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Any chance on a link? There are a lot of great Denver players who I think should jump ship to come play in Houston for Kubes...
Old 11-15-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I don't like plummer and his pedo 'stache.
Old 11-15-2006   #8
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Any chance on a link? There are a lot of great Denver players who I think should jump ship to come play in Houston for Kubes...
Namely, Champ Bailey.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Offensive Linemen.
Old 11-15-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Plummer is one of the most erratic QBs in the NFL.

His play is just as inconsistent as Vick's.

He has talent but I would rather have Carr.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I also heard that monkeys will fly out of Vince Youngs ears at a news conference @ 4:00 today, he will be flown in a shuddle into outer space and do it from the moons surface.

David Carr is a better talent and better QB then Jake Plummer.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
I don't like plummer and his pedo 'stache.
LOL.

Yeah, if locals freaked at Carr's Jughead longish hairstyle, they would completely freak at Plummer's personal grooming habits.
Old 11-15-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is obviously still improving. Jake is as good as he will ever be. If Carr can continue to play well I don't see it.

why would Champ Bailey want to come to Houston?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #14
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I also heard that monkeys will fly out of Vince Youngs ears at a news conference @ 4:00 today, he will be flown in a shuddle into outer space and do it from the moons surface.

David Carr is a better talent and better QB then Jake Plummer.
That will be an expensive press conference
CLTEXAN_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
LOL.

Yeah, if locals freaked at Carr's Jughead longish hairstyle, they would completely freak at Plummer's personal grooming habits.
LOL! Archie was one of my favorite comics back in the day. I even had the album...did I just say that outloud?
Old 11-15-2006   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Only if he brings the Denver Broncos' linebackers with him.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Only if he brings the Denver Broncos' linebackers with him.
I would take their LBs.

But I wanna keep Ryans.
Old 11-15-2006   #18
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I would take their LBs.

But I wanna keep Ryans.
Ryans will be a superstar
CLTEXAN_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #19
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I would take their LBs.

But I wanna keep Ryans.
We'll take their OLBs, and Champ Bailey
Old 11-15-2006   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
We'll take their OLBs, and Champ Bailey
And CB Darrent Williams.

We could move Dunta to FS & Williams could return punts until Mathis comes back.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read