Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2006   #1
brewhaus
All Pro

Default O Line is looking thin.

After checking the depth chart on the Texans web site, I am some what concerned.
....no, I am really concerned. I wonder if the Texans will be able to round up anymore qualified bodies to fill in on the O-line?
Not that Brad Bedell isn't qualified to play in the league. It looks like he has been around. Mike Pearson? There is no info on him. Scott Jackson? There is no info on him either.
I believe we are really going to find out what the Texans (their coaching staff in particular) are made of. I fear the road is going to get very rocky!
Old 11-15-2006   #2
TxAg
Rookie

Default Re: O Line is looking thin.

They do have some people hurt but I think we will be fine only time will tell
Old 11-15-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
After checking the depth chart on the Texans web site, I am some what concerned.
....no, I am really concerned. I wonder if the Texans will be able to round up anymore qualified bodies to fill in on the O-line?
Not that Brad Bedell isn't qualified to play in the league. It looks like he has been around. Mike Pearson? There is no info on him. Scott Jackson? There is no info on him either.
I believe we are really going to find out what the Texans (their coaching staff in particular) are made of. I fear the road is going to get very rocky!
rocky indeed... whatever happened to that carswell (TE?/T) guy that denver released i thought we were gonna look at him.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
rocky indeed... whatever happened to that carswell (TE?/T) guy that denver released i thought we were gonna look at him.

We did. Apparently we didn't like what we saw.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #5
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
I don't know. He was coming back from a serious injury. Maybe he didn't pass the physical.
Old 11-15-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
I don't know. He was coming back from a serious injury. Maybe he didn't pass the physical.
They wan't someone who can swing, they said Carswell only played RT
Old 11-15-2006   #7
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

the Capers/Casserly regime really didn't leave us with much. really.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Drafting Winston and Spencer really paid off. Imagine if we did not have them..........

Injury is alwasy apart of the NFL. Everybody needs to step up. We still have Steve "the man" Mckinney. He is not moving the pile, but he us not getting Davie Franchise killed either....

We still got depth. Kinney and Bedell, not a disaster yet.
Let me know Kubes when I can go chicken little. Looks pretty grim to me. This reminds me of the year Archie Manning had with the Oilers. Brutal. Will say we should start banging the monkeys for come back player of the year honors for Salaam.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #9
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Pearson was a starting tackle for the Jags for a while. If I recall correctly, he got injured a couple years back and let go at the end of that season.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We did. Apparently we didn't like what we saw.
I guess that tells you how poorly he's played when not even we can sign him to help shore up our O-line. If the Cardinals and the Raiders pass on him as well, he should just retire.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After checking the depth chart on the Texans web site, I am some what concerned.....no, I am really concerned. I wonder if the Texans will be able to round up anymore qualified bodies to fill in on the O-line?

I'm somewhat concerned myself. It seems like this happens every year where we have to "patch" an O-line together. I'm sure Kubes and Sherman will do better than Caper's bunch, but I don't think this leaves any question that they will be going for O-line and D-line heavy in FA and the draft. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #12
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I'm somewhat concerned myself. It seems like this happens every year where we have to "patch" an O-line together. I'm sure Kubes and Sherman will do better than Caper's bunch, but I don't think this leaves any question that they will be going for O-line and D-line heavy in FA and the draft. JMHO!
I'm really looking forward to see what the Texans do in the draft. I have seen some posts here talking about "rebuilding" the team, but I am not so sure this team has ever been built once...let alone rebuilt. Here's hoping that Kubiak and the gang make some smart, long term choices for the Texans again. I think they did well with the last draft and I sure do want to see it again.
Old 11-16-2006   #13
Crazyhorse
Rookie

We got a real bad break when Spencer broke his leg. It is not something you plan on that's for sure. I agree we are a little thin but we might be in better shape if they had inserted Winston sooner into the games if for no other reason but to rest both Weigert and Salaam.
The biggest issue now though is will Spencer return by next fall. We can only hope for the best. Right now we all need to support Eric and his effoerts as I believe he will rise to the occation.
Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
We got a real bad break when Spencer broke his leg. It is not something you plan on that's for sure. I agree we are a little thin but we might be in better shape if they had inserted Winston sooner into the games if for no other reason but to rest both Weigert and Salaam.
The biggest issue now though is will Spencer return by next fall. We can only hope for the best. Right now we all need to support Eric and his effoerts as I believe he will rise to the occation.
I think Winston will be ok. He's been taking all the reps in practice for the past few weeks. He'll have a rook mistake here and there, but he'll work through them. I'm looking forward to watching him play.
Old 11-16-2006   #15
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think Winston will be ok. He's been taking all the reps in practice for the past few weeks. He'll have a rook mistake here and there, but he'll work through them. I'm looking forward to watching him play.

Me too Hou-Tex. Hopefully Winston will be around for years to come and this Sunday is surely an opportunity for him to make a positive mark, and not just to disspell doubt in the minds of the fans.....his team really needs a big effort from him.
Old 11-16-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me too Hou-Tex. Hopefully Winston will be around for years to come and this Sunday is surely an opportunity for him to make a positive mark, and not just to disspell doubt in the minds of the fans.....his team really needs a big effort from him.
No doubt about that. I definetly think we're heading in the right direction with our Oline. I mean...what if Spencer wasn't injured? Having two rooks playing in a season expected to be a learning season would've been excellent experience for them going into next year. I would have to guess Kubiak and Smith will pick up some more Oline in the offseason. Eventually Pitts and maybe Weary will be the only ones left from the previous regime. I'm excited for the Texans future with Kubiak. I like him as our coach.
Old 11-16-2006   #17
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I am concerned with ages of some of the Oline. I would go for LT in first round as our line has been an issue for ever. I see Flanagan, McKinney, Salaam & Wiegert moving on soon. We can use the depth even if WInston, Hodgdon and Spencer turn into monsters next season.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #18
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
I am concerned with ages of some of the Oline. I would go for LT in first round as our line has been an issue for ever. I see Flanagan, McKinney, Salaam & Wiegert moving on soon. We can use the depth even if WInston, Hodgdon and Spencer turn into monsters next season.
I hope the Texans draft heavy on the O Line. I think there is some talent to be had coming out in this draft and I agree we can use the depth. I look forward to seeing Spencer back on the field. I hope his recovery is 100%. I liked his "style of play", what little of it I saw.
Old 11-16-2006   #19
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post

I have to agree with you on this and have mentioned (O-line ages) on other posts talking about who/what we need in the draft/FA. I really doubt Wiegert will be coming back and the ages of the others you mention are a real concern. I don't know what will be available in FA, but if we could get Joe Thomas (Wisconsin) in the 1st round of the draft, that would be nice! Just don't know if he'll be there by the time we pick. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just don't run Dayne to the right side and Winston will be "OK".

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read