Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2006   #1
BillsNation
noob

Default Visiting Bills Fan Thread

Just kidding about the topic, been to dallas and Austin Love Texas, the state bleeds football!

Now on to it
Texan fans dont mind the bills fans!

The Texans are one of the up and coming teams with a great young coach. And by the way D Carr has be basically amazing this year, the oline is better but still horrible. The biggest issue with Carr is he locks on Johnson way to much, verse the jags he seemed to spread it more! They have a real good young defense still learning the game. Mario looked like a bust at first, but he is fast learning how to be a good De in the NFl. The texans overall are a very impressive team, their record is no indictation of how good and talented(but young) they Are!

With that out of the Way

Buffalo 27pts
Atrain big big Big Game

Texans 7
The Score Is bigger apart then the game is! Hard knock game! Buffalo gets a lot of breaks and weird Tos!
BillsNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Oh No Texan Fans!Bns take on Tex and Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsNation View Post
Just kidding about the topic, been to dallas and Austin Love Texas, the state bleeds football!

Now on to it
Texan fans dont mind the bills fans!

The Texans are one of the up and coming teams with a great young coach. And by the way D Carr has be basically amazing this year, the oline is better but still horrible. The biggest issue with Carr is he locks on Johnson way to much, verse the jags he seemed to spread it more! They have a real good young defense still learning the game. Mario looked like a bust at first, but he is fast learning how to be a good De in the NFl. The texans overall are a very impressive team, their record is no indictation of how good and talented(but young) they Are!

With that out of the Way

Buffalo 27pts
Atrain big big Big Game

Texans 7
The Score Is bigger apart then the game is! Hard knock game! Buffalo gets a lot of breaks and weird Tos!
wow.... about the only part of that post that is right is "dont mind the bills fans". When was the last time you scored 27 points? Better yet, an offensive TD? As impressive as your offense was in scoring 3 Fg's on the Colts while amassing 87 passing yards, I think I'll take the Texans D, which in the past 6 weeks is in the top 5 in points and yards allowed in the NFL.

Wow, the idea of JP Losman and Anthony Thomas leading a team to 27 points is still funny...
Old 11-14-2006   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

as long as the fans in reliant are makin noise, the texans will in JP is still raw and not very good
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #4
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Visiting Bills Fan Thread

this game should be a cake walk the Bills Qb is 1 million times worst than ours we cant loose.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #5
PHof
Rookie

The Bills dont seem to do well in games that they "should" win.

Texans 10

Bills 7

Should be a long, boring Defensive game.
PHof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #6
BuffaloBills06
Rookie

Since I will be there the Bills will lose Every away game I have been to the Bills have lost!!!!! I havent been to a road win since 2002
BuffaloBills06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
as long as the fans in reliant are makin noise, the texans will in JP is still raw and not very good
We've got to make noise the whole time they've got the ball, Reliant should be deafening when they are in the huddle, and not just when they get to the line on third down.

But.. the spread favors the Texans by 2(We're the favorites)....... so we'll probably win by 13.

I'm expecting David to look like Losman did last year against the Texans.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHof View Post
The Bills dont seem to do well in games that they "should" win.

Texans 10

Bills 7

Should be a long, boring Defensive game.
i agree. the bills defense is still very good. its going to be another 13-10 game. the crowd noise should play a factor. with our defense playing the way its playing, i just dont see how the bills will eclipse 25 points, heck even 20 for that matter. this is going to be a good test for carr.
Old 11-15-2006   #9
Jack Flush
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsNation View Post
The biggest issue with Carr is he locks on Johnson way to much, verse the jags he seemed to spread it more!
While this is true, and Johnson leads the NFL in targets, there's good reason for it. In comparison to the other four receivers in the NFL with 90 or more targets, Johnson's numbers blow them away: Torry Holt has caught 53 percent of the 98 passes thrown to him; Donald Driver 57% of 97 targets; Anquan Boldin 54% of 92 targets; and Terrell Owens 53% of 92 targets. On the other hand, Johnson has caught an outstanding 66% of the 102 passes thrown in his direction.
Jack Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flush View Post
While this is true, and Johnson leads the NFL in targets, there's good reason for it. In comparison to the other four receivers in the NFL with 90 or more targets, Johnson's numbers blow them away: Torry Holt has caught 53 percent of the 98 passes thrown to him; Donald Driver 57% of 97 targets; Anquan Boldin 54% of 92 targets; and Terrell Owens 53% of 92 targets. On the other hand, Johnson has caught an outstanding 66% of the 102 passes thrown in his direction.
So much for all the complaining about AJ dropping too many passes.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He DOES drop too many passes, and I choose to complain about it. He dropped a beautifully thrown ball in the endzone last week against the Jags. Yes, he's a very good receiver. Probably deserves to go back to the Pro Bowl this year.

But still doesn't change the fact that he drops way too many catchable balls. So many in fact, that whenever I see a perfectly thrown ball thrown to him, I breathe a sigh of relief if he does catch it. Shouldn't be that way.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #12
Jack Flush
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He has 6 dropped passes which is more than any of the receivers I listed in my last post, but he also has more targets than them. His overall catch percentage is appreciably higher which means that, while Johnson may drop more "should-catch" balls, he also catches more "catchable" balls.
Jack Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBills06 View Post
Since I will be there the Bills will lose Every away game I have been to the Bills have lost!!!!! I havent been to a road win since 2002
Well, you have to look at the percentages. There is probably a much greater chance of you seeing a road loss than a road win.

Maybe you should play QB and Losman should sit in the stands, that might help the Bills' chances.
Old 11-15-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flush View Post
He has 6 dropped passes which is more than any of the receivers I listed in my last post, but he also has more targets than them. His overall catch percentage is appreciably higher which means that, while Johnson may drop more "should-catch" balls, he also catches more "catchable" balls.
good stuff

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #15
texanGoon22
Rookie

Maybe AJ gets open more often then these other receivers do? Which is why he has so many more receptions.
texanGoon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #16
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to HOUSTON!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006   #17
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's to an injury free game and a DOMINANT showing by my Houston Texans.

HOU-27
BUF-6
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #18
The_Philster
Rookie

Quote:
Make sure to stop by the Bills Backers tailgate...I'll have Kenny spike your bowling ball shot strong enough so you have to miss the game...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
Maybe you should play QB and Losman should sit in the stands, that might help the Bills' chances.
If you think Losman is our only, or even biggest, weakness, you're in for a shock
The_Philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Philster View Post
Make sure to stop by the Bills Backers tailgate...I'll have Kenny spike your bowling ball shot strong enough so you have to miss the game...lol

If you think Losman is our only, or even biggest, weakness, you're in for a shock
What are some of y'alls weaknesses? I won't tell Kubiak, I promise.
Old 11-15-2006   #20
The_Philster
Rookie

The O-line, the WRs (we miss Moulds), the TEs, the D-line....lol
The_Philster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read