Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I will upload the Williams hit if someone gets me the DVD of the clip

Look guys, I know how to convert a DVD clip into an .avi file and thus upload it to YouTube.

Someone PM me and I'll give you my mailing address. Send it to me 2-3 Day priority from the Post Office in a padded mailer. Once I have it, I can upload it within a day or two at the most.

I ain't paying for the shipping to me (It's between $4 and $5 to do 2-3 Day Priority from Post Office). And I ain't paying for it to get back home to you. And it'd be nice if you'd ONLY record the play before the hit, the play where Mario hits the dude, and then the play after the hit so that I don't have to weed through the whole game to find the clip. Getting the play before, during, and after is enough to allow me the ability to make a good edit on it.

I'm tired of seeing all these posts about "wishing there was a way to see it on YouTube."

I'll do it if you get me the disc. Make sure you use a DVD-R disc because those play in almost all DVD players. DVD+R are sometimes sloppy.

If it gets mailed to me tomorrow, I might have it up by the weekend. I was stupid and erased it from my DirecTV DVR. Wished I hadn't done that now....

GP out.
Old 11-14-2006   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I will upload the Williams hit if someone gets me the DVD of the clip

If you use UnCut Video, you don't even have to convert the file if you have it in any sort of digital form. I don't know how to do that or what is involved, but I've been told that. Also can upload directly from your mobile phone.

Link:

Uncut video link
Old 11-14-2006   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I will upload the Williams hit if someone gets me the DVD of the clip

Yes, you're right.

You need a firewire cable to run from your output source (DVD player or other device that contains the footage) which then feeds into the computer's firewire port...then, you can use YouTube's toolbox to complete the project.

Not hard, IMO.

If I had the footage, I could have had it up already.

Who knows, maybe someone's getting it done right now as we speak (err, type).

If someone sends it to me, I can do it. Nobody's Private Messaged me yet, though. And I ain't gonna' post my street address for everyone to see. So if you have a DVD burner and burn it to a DVD-R disc...Private Message me and I'll give you my street address.

Heck, I think I'l start adding Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans highlights to YouTube now (from now on). That'd be a cool hobby that lots of us would enjoy, eh?
Old 11-15-2006   #4
Sportsfan
All Pro

Here it is, saw it on Youtube this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56dGduRc1I4

For of all those that were hyping this up so much, i'd like to slap them in the face.
Yeah its a good hit, but not like everbody was hyping it up to be.
The Earl/Shockey hit and the Demeco/Garrard hit were better IMO.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post

For of all those that were hyping this up so much, i'd like to slap them in the face.
This video of the texans is funny, embarrasing and relieving all at the same time lol wonder who posted it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag65f...elated&search=
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
This video of the texans is funny, embarrasing and relieving all at the same time lol wonder who posted it....
Alot of good pictures in that clip...
Old 11-15-2006   #7
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wish they would have gotten the aftermath of R. Williams stumbling cross-eyed to the sideline.

The Earl hit is better just because of the circumstances... breaks up TD catch, small guy hits big guy and the fact that shockey is a loud mouth.

Mario's hit was all about damage points!! Reminded me of Bradshaw's old "Clothes Line from Hell"

Last edited by YellerLotYeller; 11-15-2006 at 10:06 AM.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2006   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not in mine, I like this one better than those. The Earl/Shockey hit was great because it separated the Shockey from the ball; the Demeco/Garrard hit allowed us to get a pick. So those two hits were more productive. But neither of them left the hittee laying on the ground wondering if it was safe to get back up.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #9
real

Quote:

I think that Williams hit was worse....

I didn't see it initially, but I saw the after affect, and Reggie Williams was hurtin...

He devoured that man...

But it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be...

Last edited by real; 11-15-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2006   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
I like the music
Old 11-15-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL hilarious. Internet myth only needs a few chicken littles.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #12
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

This hit is so vicious it should be on Faces of Death 47!!! Boo-ya!!
Old 11-15-2006   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

He layed Reggie W out.

Legs were stuck out straight in mid-air. Arms flailing, too.

You can see him just sort of bounce when his body hit the ground.

That's the sort of stuff that shakes up a ball carrier for awhile. It always stays in the back of his mind when he plays us.

"Where's the beast? Where's the beast?" he'll repeat in his mind if they call that play again on us.
Old 11-15-2006   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
That's the sort of stuff that shakes up a ball carrier for awhile. It always stays in the back of his mind when he plays us.
too bad he wasn't carrying the ball... hahaha

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It just looks like any 300 pounder hitting a wr...that hit wasn't anything special. Seems we are reaching to make Mario's game more impressive than it is. Someone queue the NFL Films music please.

Old 11-15-2006   #16
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Vinny, sometimes you try too hard not to look like a homer.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

man...if that was a great hit I'd say it...it's a hit, I'll say that much...I find it hilarious that you guys are slobbering all over it. It's like three threads worth of hype for a routine play. Perhaps I don't impress as easy as you guys.

Old 11-15-2006   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
man...if that was a great hit I'd say it...it's a hit, I'll say that much...I find it hilarious that you guys are slobbering all over it. It's like three threads worth of hype for a routine play. Perhaps I don't impress as easy as you guys.
I will admit that when a DE hits a WR it should be game over for the kid.

But when your feet hit the sky higher than your head you know you got jacked up, no matter who hit you.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

ok...you guys win

OMG LOL WHAT A HIT...never seen anything like it in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Or maybe it is because those of us who saw it and did not get a replay of it wanted to view it again. Where would such fans come to ask for this clip and discuss and cause the residual "hype?"

Call me crazy but it is a simple case of supply and demand.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read