Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How Many Wins Will The Texans Get In 2007?
Four Wins Or Less 2 2.60%
Five 3 3.90%
Six 6 7.79%
Seven 7 9.09%
Eight 12 15.58%
Nine 22 28.57%
Ten 14 18.18%
Eleven 3 3.90%
Twelve Wins Or More 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Texans 2007 Schedule and Predictions (Part 1)!

Our Houston Texans 2007 Schedule (not in correct order, obviously)

Home Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Chiefs

Away Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Panthers
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders

The other 2 games (one of which will be a home game) depend on our placement. I am predicting that we will finish barely behind JAX at 3rd place, assuming that the Jags don't have a colossal breakdown. I am also going to predict that the Steelers and the Fins take 3rd place in their respective divisions, so we will play those two (according to my little prediction).

I will start up another thread at the end of the season just like this one, and I want to study how much our opinions change over time (You can thank college for me having no life whatsoever and thus conducting this sociological experiment).

So what do you think of this schedule versus our Texans? I think the NFC South is in a state of impending implosion and we may be able to take advantage of that if that trend continues. AFC West, with the exception of the Raiders, will be a force to reckon with, IMO. If we continue to improve and have a good off-season, I think we can do really well next year.

My Prediction: 9-7

Old 11-14-2006   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2007 Schedule and Predictions (Part 1)!

I went 10-6. I'm feeling optomistic and I think the only thing that seperates good teams from bad ones are a few good calls/breaks during a game, beating the teams you are supposed to beat, and sneaking out a win or two against the teams that you may not be supposed to beat. (Panthers come to mind, the year they went to the Super Bowl)
Old 11-14-2006   #3
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I think we have a good chance of going 6-2 at home and 4-4 on the road, putting us at 10-6 and a possible wild card spot. Next season should be an exciting time to be a Texans fan (for once).
Old 11-14-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I am amazed. How can you predict wins and losses when you have no idea who will be on team? We lost 3 players against Jags & will they be back full strngth in 07? Will Spencer return to form? Etc, Etc.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #5
whiskeyrbl

Boy this is a lil' early. However I will give it a stab. Considering that all of our injured players return, another stellar draft, I think 9-7 to 10-6 a real possability.Heres a breakdown:

Wins Losses
Colts Colts
Jags Jags
Titans (2) Carolina
Saints Chargers
Bucs Broncos
Falcons
The one I am undecided about is KC, and of course who the other 2 opponents are.
Old 11-14-2006   #6
tburdette
Rookie

I said we will win 6. Jags, Titans (2), Raiders, Saints, Bucs.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
I am amazed. How can you predict wins and losses when you have no idea who will be on team? We lost 3 players against Jags & will they be back full strngth in 07? Will Spencer return to form? Etc, Etc.
Spencer is going to be absolutely fine...
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2006   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
You don't have to participate if you don't want to. This is a completely speculative poll....

Jeez. For all we know life on this planet may not exist next season. What's the harm in a little postulating?
Old 11-14-2006   #9
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Playing the AFC West is no picnic. Denver, SD, KC and Oakland are always tough. (OK, Oakland maybe the gimme here). NFC South is better than the East, but not as easy as the North or West.

So still a pretty tough schedule.

Another year of struggle and we can be a pesky team next year, causing trouble to teams that look past us.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, that's a tough schedule. I predicted 9, but I'm not confident in that yet. It's too early to make predictions. Let's play out this season first.

Thanks to Premier

Last edited by TexanSam; 11-15-2006 at 12:00 AM.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #11
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

that is a sick schedule i predict a lot of close games that could go wither way and us picking up 7 or 8 wins.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I cant wait to see Mario on # 1 on Jacked up when he decapitates Reggie Bust!!!
Old 11-15-2006   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans' fans should be embarrassed. Can we at least wait until we are mathmatically out of the picture before speculating on 2007's record?

While highly improbable, the Texans still have a chance for playoffs in 2006.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Geez, that's a tough schedule. I predicted 9, but I'm not confident in that yet. It's too early to make predictions. Let's play out this season first.
ditto.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

DOH. I didn't read the question carefully. I thought it was for 2006. I put 6. I think we go 8-8 or 9-7 next year.
Old 11-15-2006   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we're quite obviously making predictions based on emotion and/or intuition rather that logic backed by evidence, I think I will go with:

16-0

I'll make a more reality based prediction when I have more reality to base it on...

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

16-3 (think about it)
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

I want to thank everyone who is trying to make this as serious as possible. Interesting results so far....
Old 11-15-2006   #19
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I predicted about 11 games. I feel the Texans are due to win more games next year than previous seasons.

We are about one to two drafts away from becoming a powerhouse team. I believe that the previous draft was no fluke and that Kubiak and Smith are doing all they can to successfully build this franchise into a winning one.

Old 11-15-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Texans' fans should be embarrassed. Can we at least wait until we are mathmatically out of the picture before speculating on 2007's record?

While highly improbable, the Texans still have a chance for playoffs in 2006.
We have that part covered in the "playoffs" thread...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read