Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2006   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans sign OT Mike Pearson

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4332685.html

I dont know if this has been posted. If it has, delete it.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign OT Mike Pearson

Am I missing it? Where does it say he's been signed?
Old 11-14-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Am I missing it? Where does it say he's been signed?
It doesn't. Sometimes it takes a little time for corresponding roster moves or just getting the player into town. I assume they'll probably follow through since they've announced this much.
Old 11-14-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
The Texans are going to sign offensive tackle Mike Pearson, a free agent who played the last four years with Jacksonville. For the Buffalo game, they also have veteran Brad Bedell to become the swing tackle who backs up at both posi- tions.
that was about halfway down the article. i just did a ctrl-f on pearson.
Old 11-14-2006   #5
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4332685.html

I dont know if this has been posted. If it has, delete it.
I dont even see his name mentioned in this article....am I missing something??
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Pearson played in the league last year.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=33016
Old 11-14-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I don't understand. Did we go through all the ex-Broncos, or have they stopped wanting to sign with the Texans?
Old 11-14-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
I don't understand. Did we go through all the ex-Broncos, or have they stopped wanting to sign with the Texans?
That string has been broken. We can put to rest the ugly rumors and innuendoes.
Old 11-14-2006   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I don't think Pearson played in the league last year.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=33016
Jaguar fans are saying that he hurt his knee in 04', but he's "complete garbage".

Although, they said Salaam was garbage as well.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The organization should have gone after Wand. But I understand. Rather than pull in the guy who was competing for starting LT, the Texans would dredge through the Broncos outcasts, find nothing, and turn up a guy who hasn't played in over a year, a guy who, like Salaam (who has done a really poor job in Houston), was known as Jaguars garbage. Glad to see the organization moving in the right direction. Why didn't they go after Wand? I'm guessing he still isn't showing the "forward progress" that they are looking for right now.

:
Old 11-14-2006   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The organization should have gone after Wand. But I understand. Rather than pull in the guy who was competing for starting LT, the Texans would dredge through the Broncos outcasts, find nothing, and turn up a guy who hasn't played in over a year, a guy who, like Salaam (who has done a really poor job in Houston), was known as Jaguars garbage. Glad to see the organization moving in the right direction. Why didn't they go after Wand? I'm guessing he still isn't showing the "forward progress" that they are looking for right now.

:

I hope your sarcasm was geared toward the Salaam comment. I personally think the guy has been pretty solid this year for the most part.
Old 11-14-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Why didn't they go after Wand?
I think you are making an assumption here.
Old 11-14-2006   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Not at all. It was aimed at the "forward progress." I think the only reason Salaam isn't being blamed for half the team's sacks is because Weigert's man was a half-step faster. In many cases, Carr has been pummelled from both sides, not just one tackler. In the Tennessee game, Salaam allowed the sacks that led to the fumbles. I think that to say he has been a serviceable tackle is giving him too much credit. I had fears when I researched his time at Jacksonville, and so far he has proven himself to be everything he was in Jacksonville, where he was gutted from the team for allowing some really heinous sacks on BL. Does this sound familiar? He's doing the same thing in Houston. Sorry, man, but I completely disagree. The weak tackles, especially the LT spot, just as in every other year, is a big part of the reason the Texans do not have a winning season, and this year with Salaam is no different.
Old 11-14-2006   #14
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Wand Officially a Titan

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/b...urb=news653080

The Titans added depth along the offensive line, agreeing to terms with with former Texans tackle Seth Wand Monday.

The Tennessean reports the team placed wide receiver David Givens on injured reserve to make room for Wand.

The former third-round pick of the Texans worked out for the Titans last week after Daniel Loper went down with a spleen injury. Loper will miss the rest of the season.

Wand started 18 games for the Texans.

Guess it's too late to get Wand. He's signed on.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read