Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2006   #1
[[Gary Kubiak]]

Default How to fix Carr's low release!

You would not believe it, but I say drop him 7 steps and force him to step into the pocket.

Dirty Jags exposed us a little bit. Granted no team we will face has a front 4 like the Jags, D-linemen will be jumping up the air on 3 step drops and Carr will get a good portion of his throws batted down.

Last edited by [[Gary Kubiak]]; 11-14-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to fix Carr's low release!

once you have a low release its hard to get a higher release, i know when i play football, i have a low release and throwing normally is kinda tough, so i dunno if kubiak will be able to fix that
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

mine is pretty average until i try to put some mustard on the ball and thats when i start to bring my arm down a little more. not sure about carrs situation.

i really doubt they are going to change his throwing motion after this game though. im sure if they do go against larger DT and his balls are being batted down they will start to roll him out of the pocket and have deeper drops for him to step up and push the defenders outside.
Old 11-14-2006   #4
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Texans tried to fix his low release his rookie year, but had no luck. Palmer even had a ladder set up on the field with Carr throwing over it...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #5
phan1
All Pro

Yeah, it's a hard thing to fix. I agree that the main difference will be the Oline improvement. When teams blitz up the middle, the line just moves backward and it looks like he has to throw over the Great Wall of China to find a reciever. A quicker release will also help. He should know exactly what to do if teams blitz up the middle.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
Texans tried to fix his low release his rookie year, but had no luck. Palmer even had a ladder set up on the field with Carr throwing over it...
I found that hilarious...especially when Palmer said the problem was "fixed."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
I dont think you can fix that low release. I say we give him more real estate up front.

Carr putting air under the ball is his weakness. Might not seem like it after the Balls to AJ lately, but it is.

His best deep ball is a zinger 30-40 yards just traveling STRAIGHT and maybe maximum arch 10 feet from the ground. That is perhaps his most accurate throw...... what gets him in trouble is his set up time for this throw is SLOW. 2 seconds.

If Kubes can incorporate least 1 second of that 2 while carr is moving into the pocket. We could see the best of this guy.
l
Dang! 10 feet off the ground with the distance of 30-40 yards? I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that pass.
Old 11-14-2006   #8
SESupergenius

I didn't think there were too many problems for Carr and his release, in at least one of his his knocked down throws, he had a higher release point than normal. The Jags line is just pretty tall if you ask me.
Old 11-14-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we'll fix his release. He's doing fine with an abnormal release, and in his 5th year I doubt they'll trying fixing his mechanics now.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
once you have a low release its hard to get a higher release, i know when i play football, i have a low release and throwing normally is kinda tough, so i dunno if kubiak will be able to fix that
Its not his release, have not had a problem but for one game, the Jags did not rush the QB and waited for him to throw, all they did was stand there and jump when they read his eyes.

Why dont John Henderson and his group of guys just put on 20 #s if they are going to do that all game.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #11
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

his low release has nothing to do with the batted down balls. carr needs to be aware of the passing lanes. i wouldnt tamper with it anyways. never a good idea.
Old 11-14-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I found that hilarious...especially when Palmer said the problem was "fixed."
I remember all that, too. Dude has been taught more garbage in the past four years that it will take Kubiak longer than this season to undo.
Old 11-14-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The easiest way to prevent a batted ball is to cut down the trees.

3 step drops are meant as a quick passing route, and as a TE, I have been taught to cut anyone close to me on those plays. Force their hands down. They are offered an option, they can either take a helment to the knees and be crab-walked out of the play, or they can defend themselves with their hands. To me it doesn't seem like a hard concept for a 3 step drop.
Old 11-15-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe in the qb's release

young had the same release at UT

Carr has had the same release

Favre has a release that can come from anywhere

What I am getting at is when a TEAM wins.. noone cares

whe they are losing..we knitpick
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
his low release has nothing to do with the batted down balls. carr needs to be aware of the passing lanes. i wouldnt tamper with it anyways. never a good idea.
Guess what when the d linemen dont rush there wont be any passing lanes, he has to use his eyes, and he will, Kubiak I am sure has told him.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read