Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2006   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Predictions for the Bills vs. Texans

It was nice owning JAX this season, but it's time to start talking about something else....and it just so happens the Texans play this weekend against Buffalo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Buffalo wins this one 17-13. It seems like they always look playoff-bound when they play us. They also kept it reeeeal close against the Colts. Hopefully they're gassed from last week and they'll overlook us.

Winning two in a row is another hurdle that we haven't jumped for 2 years.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Predictions for the Bills vs. Texans

Our O-line according to Spencer Tillman, and Sirius NFL Radio is stating that they get little push on runs and on pass situations the pocket is bad thus balls are batted down because the D Lineman dont have to work as hard when fighting the O lineman.

I see us playing up or down to our Competition so who knows what will happen here. Our Defense seems to grasp the game plan now, so I am going to pick the Texans 20 to 13
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The bills have no offense. JP Losman is a streaky QB at best, McGahee is out, and one of their other WRs are out. We have the avantage here big time, and we better win this one.
Old 11-13-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak and Co has got this team BELIEVING in itself. After last Sunday's road win, against all odds and opinions, this team will be on FIRE.

I am 100% confident that the Texans will come home to Reliant as returning heros, and set the Bills aflame.

Texans 31

Bills 10
Old 11-13-2006   #5
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The bills have no offense. JP Losman is a streaky QB at best, McGahee is out, and one of their other WRs are out. We have the avantage here big time, and we better win this one.
Thats is what keeping me thinking we can win. Its ours to loose.

But like them, we have a lot of injuries on the offensive side of the ball. Do we know if Carr is starting, or is the backup qb playing? Our line is bad to begin with, and now it has become more of a patch work.

The only thing that makes me say its a win is our D. They are a menace to be dealt with.

The only thing is our fans that come to the game have to make it home field advantage.

I say win that our defense and the fans in the stands wins it for us. Its ours to loose. Go Texans.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the last play of last game clearly sent a message to the players. Like Texas Asylum mentioned. Texans will be on FIRE.

GO TEXANS!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Buffalo has a ton of talent on D but they are in the middle of the pack in every defensive statistic.

Good news tho.

Their offense is 31st in the league in total offense (241 per game), passing offense (139), & 3rd down conversions (28%).
They are 30th in the league in points (16).
29th in sacks allowed (30).
27th(t) in fumbles lost (8).

Bad news.

They have the best kickoff return average in the NFL (over 27 yds per return) & have the most punts placed inside the 20 (19).
7th in punting (45 yds per punt) & 3rd in net punting (42 yds per).
9th in sacks with 23.

With that said, I think this is our game.

Texans - 16
Bills - 13
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2006   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I pick the Texans purely on the MOULDS FACTOR, I believe he'll have his biggest game of the year this week.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I pick the Texans purely on the MOULDS FACTOR, I believe he'll have his biggest game of the year this week.
Maybe he has some insider info for us about what these guys might try on offense. That would be nice.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #10
FanFromCali
Rookie

The Bills have nothing on offence at this point and the Texans are playing great defense. Moulds should have a big game. Maybe I'm crazy but this might actually be an easy win. I say 20-10.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #11
whiskeyrbl

I think Gado and Lundy have monster games here. And our D just gets better, my guess
Texans 30
Bills 16
Old 11-14-2006   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

We SHOULD win this one. Buffalo’s offense doesn’t scare anyone. Their only TD against the Colts was on a fumble return.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Instead of Montezuma's Revenge, we get Jacksonville's Revenge. We have lost the game after beating the Jags every time, and usually in horrible fashion. That streak has to end this week.

We won our 1st road game ever in Jacksonville 21-19 and were favored for the first time ever going into the game the next week against Cincinnati. It was the most embarrassing loss in franchise history as the lowly Bengals beat us 38-3.

Beat Jacksonville on a 4th and inches play at the goalline as Carr made it in for a 24-20 win. We followed that by getting trottled in Tennessee 38-17.

Beat Jacksonville at Home 20-6 to move to 4-3 then followed that up by losing in Denver 31-13.
Thumped Jacksonville on the road 21-0 to knock them out of the playoffs and improve our record to 7-8. Only to lose 22-14 to the Browns at home the following week to start the worst stretch in team history.

Beat Jacksonville at Home 27-7 then lost to the lowly Titans on the road 28-22 in a game that wasn't as close as the score would indicate.
Old 11-14-2006   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh yeah, JP LOSSman doesn't have #31 to pick on this time.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #15
Samkonfan
Rookie

Give the ball to Gado 20 times and let him pound them, hit them deep with Johnson and underneath with Moulds and the Texans walk away with this one 24-13. Gado has over a 100 yards and a TD. Lundy has 5 catches for 60 yards and a TD
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #16
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkonfan View Post
Give the ball to Gado 20 times and let him pound them, hit them deep with Johnson and underneath with Moulds and the Texans walk away with this one 24-13. Gado has over a 100 yards and a TD. Lundy has 5 catches for 60 yards and a TD
I agree....Let Gaddo pound it.......playing ball control is totally new territory for the Texans and I think they can be successfull by doing it.
Old 11-14-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I have no idea how this game is going to go. I haven't watched one Buffalo play, much less a game.

we also don't know who our starting QB will be.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

The line favors us by two, but i say buff takes it by 3 - 7 pts.
Old 11-14-2006   #19
Osso
Veteran

a huge defensive struggle....Kris will hit 5 fg and become a hero

Texans 15

Bills 6

Oh, he will miss 2 as well
Old 11-14-2006   #20
TxAg
Rookie

Texans defense playing very well I say we will cause some more turnovers and our offense will play well!! Texans 21
Bills 13

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read