Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2006   #1
brewhaus
All Pro

Thumbs up Willis McGahee out indefinitely ?

Is this game important enough for the Bills to put McGahee on the field hurt?
3 broken ribs may not be enough to keep him out.

Anthony Thomas could probably tow-the-line for the Bills, but I wouldn't be supprised to see McGahee starting on Sunday.

And, I thought I heard today that the Texans are a slight favorite to win this game....is this true?

Last edited by brewhaus; 11-13-2006 at 06:50 PM.
brewhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Re: Willis McGahee out indefinitely ?

I've heard that Willis could be out for up to another 3 weeks, so I'd be suprised to see him play this week. Anthony Thomas got 4 ypc against the worst rushing defense in the league, so he's definately stopable. Hopefully Willis we be out, that would be a good advantage for us, but he wasn't having the greatest year before his injury anyways. I'd be suprised for him to come out before he's ready.

With or without him, I think we'll win anyways
Old 11-13-2006   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we opened as 2 1/2 point favorite against the Bills
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
Is this game important enough for the Bills to but McGahee on the field hurt?
3 broken ribs may not be enough to keep him out.

Anthony Thomas could probably tow-the-line for the Bills, but I wouldn't be supprised to see McGahee starting on Sunday.

And, I thought I heard today that the Texans are a slight favorite to win this game....is this true?
Willis is out, 3 broken ribs has him out another 2 - 4 weeks apparently, he'd have to be crazy to try and play against us. A Train will get the start and while he isn't a very explosive runner, he could wear us down. Should be a fun game to watch.
Old 11-13-2006   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Unhappy Re: Willis McGahee out indefinitely ?

Our d-line is banged up right now and that worries me
Old 11-13-2006   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I heard that Joker..It seems too early in the season to be as banged up as we are now.
Old 11-13-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Yeah, two starters on IR, Mario banged up, Peek out for close to a month...ouch
Old 11-13-2006   #8
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

imo a-train will get it done for the bills, though if we put up 21 points we win easy. texans win 21-17 imo.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #9
The_Philster
Rookie

A-Train hits what holes the O-line can create quicker. If our O-line were better, I'd say McGahee is the better back...but A-Train can handle the poor blocking better
The_Philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

From what alot of Bills fans say over on thier board, they'd rather have A-train running the ball. IMO, either one of them are liable to have a good game against us if our Dline doesn't show up. Let's hope our Dline backups can step up to the plate.
Old 11-15-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

if we are favored..we can kiss the game goodbye. We dont win games we are expected to win.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Battle of two of the AFC's best 'backers: TKO Spikes and DeMeco Ryans.

I have a lot of respect for Willis for his ability to come back from...I won't say it. I think he was the NFL's leading rusher early in the season. However, our D didn't give Ronnie Brown, Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber, or Travis Henry the kind of performance they would've gotten against 05's Defense. I think we can stop both McGahee and Thomas.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

His ribs are bad..............he is not playing on sunday.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #14
The_Philster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Battle of two of the AFC's best 'backers: TKO Spikes and DeMeco Ryans.
You're giving TKO an awful lot of credit. Before his injury last year, I'd say he was one of the best in the NFL..he has yet to show he's nearly the same player
The_Philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
yeah, that's a big concern for me, too. Right when our D was just starting to gel and peform as a cohesive unit, we get the middle of our line gutted and have persistent injuries to other players.
Old 11-16-2006   #16
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

He's not playing for sure. A-Train fits their scheme perfectly. I would fear them equally anyway, with the injuries we have on the d-line.

Hahahaha...too bad the Bills suck...WATCHOUT FOR LEE EVANS with Sanders hurt...thas what im worried about. Texans win by 3!
Old 11-16-2006   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

i see A-train as a Travis Henry type back and we stoped him completley. Maybe i am foolish for placing my faith in this D, but the last 6 weeks have me believeing.
Old 11-16-2006   #18
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

the D from the last 6 weeks has me believing too, the problem is the guys we'll be running out sunday aren't them for the most part.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read