Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2006   #1
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover
Default Surgery in Mario's near future?

This is very painful to play and practice on...

From Rotoworld

The first overall pick in the 2006 draft has recently been getting to the quarterback, but said that the pain is getting worse. "It's getting pretty bad," Williams stated. "Something has to be done. We're going to try everything we can to try to get rid of it." That sounds like the rookie, who has already been receiving treatment multiple times a day, could be headed for an operation.
____

Foot pain ongoing

Players can miss a significant amount of time with plantar fasciitis. Williams has been trying to practice and play through the pain, but it's starting to hinder his performance.

"As a defensive lineman, I count on my feet," Williams said. "(It impacts) everything I do, like pushing off, changing directions, turning a corner. To have one foot, you can think about what it is like."

Williams will be monitored closely in the upcoming weeks. Regardless of his status, the Texans likely will have to scour the waiver wire for defensive linemen.

chron
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Surgery in Mario's near future?

Ugh. That really, really sucks. It sounds like he won't play through the whole season with that injury. Hopefully it doesn't hinder his development or anything though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Having had plantar fasciitis, I don't remember an operation being a treatment that was available. Generally rest and anti-inflamatory drugs are about the only treatment that I do remember....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

A Cortisone shot before each game=good to go. There's time to rest in the offseason.
Old 11-13-2006   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahhhh good 'ol cortizone..... I agree - rest in the off-season!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #6
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Having had plantar fasciitis, I don't remember an operation being a treatment that was available. Generally rest and anti-inflamatory drugs are about the only treatment that I do remember....
I think your right. There is a sports med. doc that normally posts on our MB C/D where are you) and this was talked about during spring training and I think he said rest was the only real "cure". TC also did some research on the topic.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #7
austintexanite
All Pro

That freakin blows, but hopefully he can stick it out.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2006   #8
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
A Cortisone shot before each game=good to go. There's time to rest in the offseason.
i'll take this for sarcasm, lol. we do want him for more than one season you know. here's to a speedy recovery and NO SURGERY!
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife and I both had plantar fasciitis. I had ultrasound treatments and did stretches to fix by case. She had some special ortho contraption to stretch out her foot.

Mario really needs to take some time off and give the foot some time to be treated and heel. It doesn't get better. I have heard there is surgery available now, but I've never been one to be cut on unless its life or death.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

This is from webmd .....

What causes plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is caused by straining the ligament that supports your arch. Repeated strain can cause tiny tears in the ligament. These can lead to pain and swelling. This is more likely to happen if:

Your feet roll inward too much when you walk (excessive pronation).
You have high arches or flat feet.
You walk, stand, or run for long periods of time, especially on hard surfaces.
You are overweight.
You wear shoes that don't fit well or are worn out.
You have tight Achilles tendons or calf muscles.

How is it treated?
No single treatment works best for everyone with plantar fasciitis. But there are many things you can try to help your foot get better:

Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your foot hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces.
To reduce pain and swelling, try putting ice on your heel. Or take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin), naproxen (such as Aleve), or aspirin.
Do calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning.
Get a new pair of shoes. Pick shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. Or try heel cups or shoe inserts (orthotics). Use them in both shoes, even if only one foot hurts.

Surgery

Surgery is usually not necessary for plantar fasciitis. About 95 out of 100 people who have plantar fasciitis are able to relieve heel pain without surgery. Your doctor may consider surgery if nonsurgical treatment has not helped and heel pain is restricting your daily activities. Some doctors feel that you should try nonsurgical treatment for at least 6 months before you consider surgery.1

The main types of surgery for plantar fasciitis are:

Plantar fascia release. This procedure involves cutting part of the plantar fascia ligament. This releases the tension on the ligament and relieves inflammation.
Other procedures, such as removing a heel spur or stretching or loosening specific foot nerves.

Just thought I would post this info for those who are not sure what it is or treatments.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ahhhh good 'ol cortizone..... I agree - rest in the off-season!!
The one good thing about the football offseason being so long is that it gives players plenty of time to recover, unlike baseball. Seeing as we are not in a playoff hunt or such this year, next season is far more important. Lets just make sure we dont mess him up for later
Old 11-13-2006   #12
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

if mario has surgery, will he be pain free after its all done and healed?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #13
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
The one good thing about the football offseason being so long is that it gives players plenty of time to recover, unlike baseball. Seeing as we are not in a playoff hunt or such this year, next season is far more important. Lets just make sure we dont mess him up for later
Day after the season ends Mario needs to be on his way to the Docters office. I hope he makes it to the day after the season though.
Old 11-13-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

At this stage of the season, it would seem that could rest him a lot during the
week. I mean practice is important, but a lot of guys basically miss a lot of practice every week, especially as you get into the second half of the year.
Hasn't he already had a lot of trouble with his toenails, which included some surgery as I recall ? Wonder if Mario has any history of this problem ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

where has Cloakndagger been?

reason I ask CnD was very good at diagnosing what injuries do
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #16
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
where has Cloakndagger been?

reason I ask CnD was very good at diagnosing what injuries do
I think I've seen CnD on the MB once since the season started. Must be busy at work It is football and cheerleading season.
Old 11-13-2006   #17
UvaldeTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 UvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performer

Tim Duncan of the Spurs had that all last season. He said it just took rest to heal it. He said he feels fine now starting the new season. I think Mario will just have to stick it out during the season and rest it up in the off season.
Old 11-13-2006   #18
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Another blurb from footballguys.com:

The pain is increasing for rookie DE Mario Williams, who struggled to walk across the locker room Sunday afternoon. Williams played through the pain of plantar fasciitis in his right foot for a third consecutive game. "It's getting pretty bad," said Williams, who wears splints at night and receives treatments two or three times a day. "I definitely don't want to be missing any practice time, let alone games. So something has to be done. We're going to try everything we can to try to get rid of it."
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's common on big guys like Mario and Tim Duncan. I don't really know anything though

One more thing: no such thing as an offseason. Maybe one or two weeks. That's it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
It's common on big guys like Mario and Tim Duncan. I don't really know anything though

One more thing: no such thing as an offseason. Maybe one or two weeks. That's it.
Not really...he will probably have over a month from week 17 to Pro Bowl where he wont have to do any sort of football activity. Cobine that with the actual offseason and he should habe plenty of rest. Also, this guy is a huge investemnt, they are going to do everything possible to make sure he is healthy for next season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read