Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

D-Rob praises Kubiak

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4329852.html

To a man, the Texans said they were hoping coach Gary Kubiak would take the chance and go for it. Had the Texans come up short, the Jaguars were just a few yards from field-goal range and not too far from a potential game-winning TD.

"I love coach Kubiak. It takes a coach with guts to make a call like that," cornerback Dunta Robinson said. "What did we have to lose? We're 2-6. (Jacksonville) is a team that's in the playoff race. Let's go all out. Let's not settle. Let's not give them the ball back.

"They had been moving the ball well on us as of late. A lot of guys on defense were winded. Or you can say that Kubiak trusted us enough to go out there and stop them again."

the chemistry and system that the coaches are trying to implement is beginning to show, hence the drastic improvement by the defense especially.

That decision by Kubiak will pay dividends down the road. Once a team truly realizes that it's head coach believes in them (and visa versa), great things can happen.

I told my buddy at the time that I'd support the decision regardless if they made it or not. There has to be a point with a football team where the players are given the chance to win or lose the game on one play. It's good to finally see a fighting mentality with our team. They played to win the game.

I thought it was great gutsy call, I too was in agreement whether we made it or not. You guys are right, that should keep this team fired up!

Bring on Buffalo baby!

Jerome Solomon might be the best writer the Chronicle has had over the past few years. He is a reporter as opposed to a self-promoter.

yeah this team is becoming real, the players are starting to trust coach kubiak more, and best of all they like him, i dont remember to many players coming out and praising capers to often. and congrats to d-rob for gettin his first pick of the season, hopefully when it rains it poors, and dunta came make a pro-bowl apperance

It's good to see the defense didn't take it as a slight, but a compliment of good team play. I read that the defensive players were beat up and tired and were glad they didn't have to go back out there. The defense loves it when the offense controls the clock and the ground game.

If we win a good number of games the rest of the season this decision could be the turning point in the Kubiak regime.

Also, we had over 140 yards on the ground against a very good defense. I think we are close, closer than I thought we were earlier in the season. Another draft like the one we just had and we are in good shape.

I see Drob as the vocie of the team in many situations. Its very good to hear him and the whole team come together under Kubiak and embrace everything he is trying to do.

All too many times in the past we fans criticized Capers for playing it too conservative. It's good to see Kubiak testing his players. He has been all season. It's also great to see fans backing Kubiak's decision. It's probably a bit easier because they made it, but I do think many of us agree - make it or not, Kubiak did the right thing.

It's also great to see fans backing Kubiak's decision.

Yes but if it failed the trolls would be out in force.

I personally like when the team "nuts" up. If they fail oh well. I would have blamed the loss on Kris Brown anyway.

I think that INT did wonders for DRob. After snagging 6 his rookie season, he's been shut out. Hopefully this will let the dam waters flow

Back