Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans stun Jaguars, again

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6155460

"I was looking for a broom before I came in here because of all the trash talking that was going on from one organization," said Carr, who added that his shoulder should be OK. "It was sweet to get this because they really felt they had some excuses for the last time we beat them. Maybe this excuse was that we were playing at 1 o'clock."

The Texans sealed the victory when coach Gary Kubiak gambled on fourth-and-1 at the Houston 41-yard line. Samkon Gado, who finished with 67 yards rushing, picked up enough for the first down.

"You've got to give your team a chance to win," Kubiak said. "Was it the smartest thing? I don't know, but where we are headed with our football team we got to send a message to our football team about the way we are going to play and what we are going to be about."
Old 11-13-2006   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans stun Jaguars, again

That was cold-blooded by Carr. Nice.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
"You've got to give your team a chance to win," Kubiak said. "Was it the smartest thing? I don't know, but where we are headed with our football team we got to send a message to our football team about the way we are going to play and what we are going to be about."
And so it has begun....
Old 11-13-2006   #4
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Carr and the rest of the Texans should keep their mouths shut, and let the on the field performace do the talking. Win with a little class!
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Carr and the rest of the Texans should keep their mouths shut, and let the on the field performace do the talking. Win with a little class!
What exactly are you talking about ?
Old 11-13-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Old 11-13-2006   #7
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

"I guess I'll just tip my hat to them, tell them 'good game', and call the Texans my Daddys."

JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2006   #8
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
You seriously didn't just say that? When Carr doesn't say anything, you bash him for not being a leader, and when he finally gets some **** and speaks up, you bash him for that. It's a no win situation.....as usual.

He didn't say anything unclassy. I liked it. I like their spirit, you can feel it is all changing. Bottom line, they all love Kubiak, he believes in them and they know it. They are slowly becoming the winners we all want them to be.

Okay, I know...I am a
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #9
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this new side of David Carr ,I for one hope it continues.I enjoyed his Ballin move in New Jersey and I am glad he is showing some heart!

Old 11-13-2006   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record....lol....he did talk about the Jaguars pre-game comments this morning on 610 @ 7:00. He added that he wished they could play the Jaguars 16 games a year.
Old 11-13-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We OWN Cracksonville!!

We've beaten them 6 times, and only won 15 other games against NFL teams.

I say let Carr talk. He earned it on that 3rd and 10 run. He jacked that first defender up!
Old 11-13-2006   #12
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We OWN Cracksonville!!

We've beaten them 6 times, and only won 15 other games against NFL teams.

I say let Carr talk. He earned it on that 3rd and 10 run. He jacked that first defender up!
You can add that to my list of favorite David Carr moments.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read