Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2006   #1
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Default Why Mario Williams is a Texan and not Bush

I'm not one to start a rumor that has no grounding to it neither do I believe most rumors I hear. But obviously, I won't disclose my source but I was told the Texans were paid MILLIONS to not draft Reggie Bush by the Saints. Enough millions to pay Mario Williams
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why Mario Williams is a Texan and not Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
I'm not one to start a rumor that has no grounding to it neither do I believe most rumors I hear. But obviously, I won't disclose my source but I was told the Texans were paid MILLIONS to not draft Reggie Bush by the Saints. Enough millions to pay Mario Williams
Oh, come on. For starters, McClain would want to do what's best for the team and we are in the salary cap era. The fact is that Bush has issues with running between the tackles and his family/houses/agents stuff also scared the Texans away some.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...But obviously, I won't disclose my source but I was told the Texans were paid MILLIONS to not draft Reggie Bush by the Saints.
Don't disclose your source. At least he'll avoid the embarrassment of a ridiculous assertion.
Old 11-13-2006   #4
texan767
Rookie

That thought was always in the back of my mind.
With the situation in NO, I figured he would be more of a draw to bring the fans back.
What were their season ticket sales like before & after the draft?
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #5
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Sorry not buying this one. From all accounts the anits' owner it a cheap bast#%* and paying both the #1 and #2 pick seems a streach.IMO
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
I'd be afraid to play when Mario is on the other side. he has been on a tear lately. He has been trying to decapitate anybody whe comes near him.

Emotion... the man is on fire and he is a beast.
shame his foot hurts.
Old 11-13-2006   #7
FanFromCali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Oh, come on. For starters, McClain would want to do what's best for the team and we are in the salary cap era. The fact is that Bush has issues with running between the tackles and his family/houses/agents stuff also scared the Texans away some.
Exactly. Add in the fact Bush reportedly wanted an obscene amount of money to be the first pick and Williams was the better choice.

The Texans simply had a great draft and it is time to acknowledge it.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

This story might hold some merit if there wasnt such a thing as a salary cap.

If the Saints paid us the money to sign Mario then that means that McNair gets to pocket the money that he was gonna use.

Now McNair is a rich guy so you never know... but he is also a stand-up guy too.

I dont think he would pocket $54 million.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
This story might hold some merit if there wasnt such a thing as a salary cap.

If the Saints paid us the money to sign Mario then that means that McNair gets to pocket the money that he was gonna use.

Now McNair is a rich guy so you never know... but he is also a stand-up guy too.

I dont think he would pocket $54 million.
Not that I believe the story, but it could happen indirectly, investing in a Mcnair-owned company, or something like that.
Old 11-13-2006   #10
real

I could see it happening.....just like this....

McNair: So Gary, we've decided on Mario right ?

Kubiak: Yeah Bob....I really like the guy

*****an hour later*****

Saints GM: Hey we'll pay you to take Mario

McNair: O.k....
Old 11-13-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My sources tell me that Bush was very overrated by the so-called 'experts' and the Texans drafted for need.

And I will reveal my sources: nfl.com and this message board.

Although there has been some speculation by the tinfoil-hat crowd that owners - being the multi-billionaires that they are - made a deal for New Orleans because of the public relations hit they took after Katrina. Confirmation of this backroom deal will be confirmed when the NFL gives Houston another Superbowl during the next owners' meeting.
Old 11-13-2006   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I could see it happening.....just like this....

McNair: So Gary, we've decided on Mario right ?

Kubiak: Yeah Bob....I really like the guy

*****an hour later*****

Saints GM: Hey we'll pay you to take Mario

McNair: O.k....
Wow.

If this is the context of the situation then who would blame McNair?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Always figured it was McNair who paid his own money to New Orleans........oh yeah that was the Katrina releif effort

it was a football decision based upon the best interest of the Texans

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #15
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please provide a link to www .TheVoicesInMyHead.com in the future.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #16
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
IF we did what John MacCheese wanted his MANCRUSH Vince would be our starting QB, he wanted his heartthrob to BE QB..I don't seem to recall him slobbering over Reggie AT ALL
Old 11-13-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Bush and Rumsfeld were responsible. Halliburton and oil.

That's all the response this troll deserves.
Old 01-18-2007   #18
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Can't believe that but believes President Bush knew there were mass weapons of destruction in Iraq

Just saying...everything that is outlandish sounding may have some merit to it...and everything that sounds credible may be full of lies...like your boy Saban saying he is not going to be the Alabama coach...how many times do I have to say it?....ugh, probably til you stop lying through your teeth mr. man
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My sources tell me that Bush was very overrated by the so-called 'experts' and the Texans drafted for need.

And I will reveal my sources: nfl.com and this message board.

Although there has been some speculation by the tinfoil-hat crowd that owners - being the multi-billionaires that they are - made a deal for New Orleans because of the public relations hit they took after Katrina. Confirmation of this backroom deal will be confirmed when the NFL gives Houston another Superbowl during the next owners' meeting.
Haha that really would have made me question some things if that were to have happened right after we drafted him. Maybe thats the real reason Goodell replaced Tagliabue!!!? lol

In all seriousness, not that there is an merit to this story, What would be the legal ramifications if something like this were to happen, if any? Are there any rules that teams cannot pass money to each other for any reason...ie draft picks, players, etc. What about paying the other teams cap hit with a player trade?

Examples:
1-texans pay chargers $100 million for Ladanian Tomlinson. Texans will then renegotiate the contract or keep current one.
2-texans pay the atlanta falcons $5 million for their 1st rd draft pick.
3-texans trade David Carr to Denver for Jake Plummer, texans then would incur cap hit for carr and will also pay Denver $xxxxx for the cap hit in trading Plummer
4-tennessee pays minnesota $xxxx to draft Adrian Peterson so the texans can't draft him.

can you do that? just curious. for some reason i don't think you could but i dont know..
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't believe that but believes President Bush knew there were mass weapons of destruction in Iraq

Just saying...everything that is outlandish sounding may have some merit to it...and everything that sounds credible may be full of lies...like your boy Saban saying he is not going to be the Alabama coach...how many times do I have to say it?....ugh, probably til you stop lying through your teeth mr. man
Someone hit his guy with a negitive rep I'm out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read