Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 16-32 for 167 yards.. 0 TDs... 0 Ints

His stats don' look great at all. 50% completion. less than 200 yards passing. No touchdowns.

But I must say this was David's best game of the year. He was decisive. The balls were well placed. He kept his head in the game, the ball came out on time, And he took care of the ball.

I said this game was going to be a defensive win, looking at the stats, and the score, it would be easy to make that argument. But I truly believe this win is just as much a David Carr win as a defensive win.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #2
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default Re: 16-32 for 167 yards.. 0 TDs... 0 Ints

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
His stats don' look great at all. 50% completion. less than 200 yards passing. No touchdowns.

But I must say this was David's best game of the year. He was decisive. The balls were well placed. He kept his head in the game, the ball came out on time, And he took care of the ball.

I said this game was going to be a defensive win, looking at the stats, and the score, it would be easy to make that argument. But I truly believe this win is just as much a David Carr win as a defensive win.
he was better than sage this time around....hehe
Old 11-12-2006   #3
ib4texans
Veteran

You left out the 47 rushing yards, 14 of which came on a crucial 3rd down play. To be fair Sage came in and only had 9 passing yards due to play calling. I give the win to the D and David Carr and his shoulder contussion
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

What I thought was most impressive was his determination. His run on 3rd down and his effort to take the beating so he could continue the drive was amazing. He did whatever he could to put us in position to win and it showed. I really think that benching him against Tennessee was the best thing that's ever happened to him. Its like he has a new lease on life after what happened, another great move on Kubiak's part (going for it on 4th and 1 was also a nice move on his part).
Old 11-12-2006   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

was that the play that DC almost ran over that db!!!
Old 11-12-2006   #6
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:

Carr's competitive fire is burning strong he might not be highly vocal but he is tough and i agree totally!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #7
texansfanquecaneh
Rookie

Quote:

But he had to throw a few away due to Jacksonville defenders in his face. At least he didn't give up a few sacks. I think the passes knocked down were also due to Jacksonville pushing our offensive line back.
We still need to improve on the offensive line. Rosenfels was sacked as soon as he came in.
texansfanquecaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2006   #8
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that really concerned me were the blocked passes...Seemed like he was staring a hole into his intended receiver on those plays and the Jags D-line took notice.

All in all, we won, so I am pleased.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

David had a solid game, played better early.

He went through a rough stretch in the second quarter where many plays resulted in a batted ball or a "throw-away". Throw aways are good, but the Jags were sitting on the PA rollout to the right side.
Old 11-12-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree TK. David has improved much since being benched, and even though he hasn't recorded any TDs.... he has shown improvement.

He also gets credit for being one of the toughest QBs ever, IMO.
Old 11-12-2006   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
he was better than sage this time around....hehe
I really hope the Sage crowd saw Sage agaiinsrt first team Jax looking flustered. Hopefully this ends any potential QB controversey.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDork View Post
The only thing that really concerned me were the blocked passes...Seemed like he was staring a hole into his intended receiver on those plays and the Jags D-line took notice.

All in all, we won, so I am pleased.
That is a concern, but the announcer was stating he had a horrible pocket to throw through.

David played smart, he threw passes away when he needed to. The Jags were ALL OVER the bootleg and throwing the ball away is much better than forcing a ball and getting an int.

How many passes were dropped? I know AJ is good for a couple at least.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I really hope the Sage crowd saw Sage agaiinsrt first team Jax looking flustered. Hopefully this ends any potential QB controversey.
I doubt it..
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #14
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I just hope we don't get to see how well Sage performs next week, hopefully David Carr will continue his tough ways and be right back in it.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #15
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Sage seemed ok (for a back up). Dont expect much from him.

On a side note, Carr running over a guy was nice, and seeing him come out to put his hand in support for Weigert (who sucks) was nice. I guess that run, and coming out to Weigert is a sure sign of someone who is not a leader :/
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycap...484&thispage=1

http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycap...485&thispage=1
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

getting the touchdown on the opening drive was big, but if AJ was able to get that catch into the endzone i think it would've been an incredible boost to our offense. they really do seem to feed off of carr, and plays like that long pass and carr's runs get the offense amped up.
Old 11-13-2006   #18
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:

You forgot his runs. He had the longest run for the Texans. Strange game when your QB has the longest run of the day and is the 2nd best back in terms of yards gained rushing.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of QBs running, how about RBs passing? Who forgot to tell our RBs to throw the ball away when they're about to get sacked? :brickwall

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #20
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
David played smart, he threw passes away when he needed to. The Jags were ALL OVER the bootleg and throwing the ball away is much better than forcing a ball and getting an int.
He did do a good job at getting rid of it, but he has to be more careful of intentional grounding. I believe it was on one of those bootlegs, that he threw the ball away but didn't get it past the LOS (a few yards short, according to the TV LOS mark), and I saw no receiver in the area (could have been a tight TV shot, though). Fortunately, the refs missed that one, as well as another one that appeared close. They caught him on a later one, though.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read