Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Should Dayne play over Lundy or Gado?
YES--Dayne rules (and I am not his cousin) 4 3.96%
Occasionally--(when we need eight inches, even though there is Sage for QB sneak on this scenario) 28 27.72%
NEVER--(Dayne is an 800,000 dollar joke...You read that right, 800 thousand for signing!!) 34 33.66%
Only if we are sending him for hot-dogs. 35 34.65%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2006   #1
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

Default Poll on Ron Dayne

I want this thread focused on one topic only.

DAYNE should never play again.

Assuming we can debate till the sun comes up whether Gado or Lundy should play more...can I get a serious poll response that Dayne should never take another rep???

unless we are repping the Barry White Karoake night, then of course he wins hands down.
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #2
wolfscar
Veteran

Default Re: Poll on Ron Dayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nayzium View Post

Assuming we can debate till the sun comes up whether Gado or Lundy should play more...can I get a serious poll response that Dayne should never take another rep???

unless we are repping the Barry White Karoake night, then of course he wins hands down.
Dayne sucks. BUT history shows that he can serve a purpose for a dominant team that's grinding their opponent down late in the game. Right now, we're not that team, so until we are I think he should remain inactive.
Old 11-12-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:

I think considering the state of our O LINE this season Dayne or the other backs havent really gotten a fair shake on running the ball i would love to still see him play when our line is a little more consistent and injury free maybe next season, but for now gado and lundy are our best 2 options. I say dayne stays.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

There have been times that he's came in and gotten some much needed ground. But that would be the only scenario...at times.
Old 11-12-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ron, I would like my chili dog with extra cheese and some ketchup, please.
Old 11-12-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you kidding? Ron Dayne is our best decoy.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #7
FanFromCali
Rookie

Too slow yet does not play like a big back should. Congratulations on a great college career but the the NFL is not for him.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

too big, and too weak to be anything; Like Jonathan Wells, but at least 10x worse.
Old 11-12-2006   #9
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

depends if we can afford to lose another lineman when he rolls up on them
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #10
brncoz1fan
Rookie

Quote:

What is so special about LUNDY? I have not been watching the Texans lately (too painful) but seems his numbers aren't anything to write home about. Seems he had a couple of good games last month with some long runs but his numbers have been falling off since then. LUNDY 3.8 YPC, GADO 3.2 YPC and DAYNE 3 YPC. YPC wise not much difference in all your backs. Nice to see GADO step up today but it would be foolish to not want DAYNE on your team. Especially a team like the TEXANS. Anyway, I thought our offense was bad all the way around until I watch a Texans game. I would take Carr over Plummer the Bummer any day.
brncoz1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
I voted "hotdogs" because it was funny.

I voted Never. Wanted to vote for him getting the Hot Dogs, but I don't think any of the Hot Dogs would make it back to us.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #12
HeartofHouston
Veteran

i anticipated Dayne performing well in this system considering the fact that he's been in a zone blocking system since he's years at Wisconsin. but he's not performing well at all after all this time so i say.. Send Him For Hotdogs.
Old 11-13-2006   #13
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

I'll take Ron Dayne and his trailer trunk behind on 3rd and 1 rather than Sage on a QB sneak. I'm thinking Ron and his twinkees can muster up a yard a little easier than the toughest backup in the NFL.
Old 11-13-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
I'll take Ron Dayne and his trailer trunk behind on 3rd and 1 rather than Sage on a QB sneak. I'm thinking Ron and his twinkees can muster up a yard a little easier than the toughest backup in the NFL.
No doubt.

Dayne doesnt do much with the ball but he ALWAYS falls forward, which is really good in that situation.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #15
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

You did realize I was being sarcastic about Sage running QB sneak right?

Did you see the third down play before Gado got the one yard?
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Dayne should be starting.

& I'm not his cousin.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne should be starting and I used to krump with his cousin.
Old 11-15-2006   #18
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I just spit up some of my soup. Classic.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
That is signature material! Love it. Can I quote you on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
That is signature material! Love it. Can I quote you on it?
No problem.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read