Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2006   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Congratulations

I had a feeling this would happen, if we couldnt beat you all with Byron... We have the worst coach in the league trying to run our offense. This has got to be a nice consolation in a transition season for you guys. Enjoy...

Last edited by Jagsbch; 11-12-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congratulations

good luck on the rest of the season.. tear up eli!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys fought hard - you had all those turnovers and it was still a close thing.
Old 11-12-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the season. Smells like change might be coming to Jacksonville, QB's, coach... interesting to see what will happen!
Old 11-12-2006   #5
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to add that DeMeco Ryans is the man. You all scored big time drafting that cat. His near sack is what caused the first INT.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #6
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Jags...the turnaround is in full swing. I can see in the near future, LOTS of youngsters everywhere, wearing Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans jerseys. Those dudes are two 'Bad Hombres'.
Old 11-12-2006   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Thanks bch, appreciate the good sportsmanship.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2006   #8
zalomar12
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to zalomar12

Seeing DeMeco all over the place and dominating week in and week out pisses me off that we didn't take him at the end of the first round. Clint Ingram has been a nice find and played tell today too, but drafting Marcedes Lewis to take our passing game to the next level sure is pointless when you don't involve him in the offense at all.

Either way, with Mario, DeMeco, and Dunta, your D is definitely a unit on the rise.
zalomar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #9
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalomar12 View Post
Seeing DeMeco all over the place and dominating week in and week out pisses me off that we didn't take him at the end of the first round. Clint Ingram has been a nice find and played tell today too, but drafting Marcedes Lewis to take our passing game to the next level sure is pointless when you don't involve him in the offense at all.

Either way, with Mario, DeMeco, and Dunta, your D is definitely a unit on the rise.
Jags fans showing a lot of class. Thanks for the kind words.

To you Jags fans, I cannot for the life of me figure out your team. I mean You roll the Jets and Titans with ease, but for some reason the Jags have trouble with the Texans. I cannot figure it out.

I used to think that it was your team lacking an identity, like you didn't know if you wanted to be a running team with Taylor, Greg Jones and recently the Drew kid, or whether you wanted to be a passing team with the receivers you drafted. Take it from a Texans fan, I know about a team frustrating their fans. It must drive you crazy.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
I had a feeling this would happen, if we couldnt beat you all with Byron... We have the worst coach in the league trying to run our offense. This has got to be a nice consolation in a transition season for you guys. Enjoy...
Peter King accused our team of being psycho but I can't make heads or tails of your team. I really thought our first victory was a product of you guys just looking past us or taking us for granted. But this was just a hard-fought game. I expected more from Garrard but your receivers were really inconsistent.

Any way, good luck on the rest of the season. See ya next year!
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #11
clandestin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Jags fans showing a lot of class. Thanks for the kind words.

To you Jags fans, I cannot for the life of me figure out your team. I mean You roll the Jets and Titans with ease, but for some reason the Jags have trouble with the Texans. I cannot figure it out.

I used to think that it was your team lacking an identity, like you didn't know if you wanted to be a running team with Taylor, Greg Jones and recently the Drew kid, or whether you wanted to be a passing team with the receivers you drafted. Take it from a Texans fan, I know about a team frustrating their fans. It must drive you crazy.
Too bad the head coach wasn't as classy as the fans. Check out the postgame on jaguars.com, Del Rio basically came out and blamed the game on the refs and insinuated that Kubiak made a stupid (game-winning) call on 4th down.
Old 11-12-2006   #12
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestin View Post
Too bad the head coach wasn't as classy as the fans. Check out the postgame on jaguars.com, Del Rio basically came out and blamed the game on the refs and insinuated that Kubiak made a stupid (game-winning) call on 4th down.
WE are the ones who shoudl be complaining abour the Refs, not Rio!

Guess Kubiak's call wasn't so stupid since we won the game with it, huh?

sour grapes.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestin View Post
Yep, he should watch what he says, a few more games like that he could be needing a coaching job.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
good luck on the rest of the season.. tear up eli!
You a Cowboys fan too?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I root for Texas teams
when Texans play Cowboys I hate the Cowboys.. Cowboys against everyone else.. cowboys.

just like college, I am a UT fan first but any Texas colleges are playing out of state colleges, I am for the Texas college.

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #16
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

would have been nice to watch if it was on here in Austin!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #17
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

I figured it would be us 7 or less, although I was worried when the refs were too stupid to change that call after it was shown clearly that Daniels tucked the ball away after the catch (football move), and then took two steps. Ball wasn't knocked loose until the third step. It should have been our fumble out of bounds. All I could think was WTH?
But good teams overcome bad calls, and today we were that good a team. I hope David is okay for next week. Great game all around guys.
Oh, and it was also nice to see a gutsy call on fourth and inches bu Kubiak. All or nothing. This is "no guts, no glory" type playcalling we needed last year. Great game guys!
Old 11-12-2006   #18
Zac
Rookie

Thank you Jags fan. The good thing is that we don't play each other until next year. So good luck for the rest of the season.
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I root for Texas teams
when Texans play Cowboys I hate the Cowboys.. Cowboys against everyone else.. cowboys.

just like college, I am a UT fan first but any Texas colleges are playing out of state colleges, I am for the Texas college.

The Cowboys are Oklahoma's team.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its a shame the Texans can't play the Jag every week

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read