Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2006   #1
phan1
All Pro

Default Our defense CAN dominate!

I remember Kubiak commenting on how well our defense has played the last couple weeks, but he also wants them to believe that they can go out and dominate as well. And it looks like we can too! We haven't had a good defense since Aaron Glenn left us! Even I was expecting our D to totally collapse at some point (especially after how our Offense and Chris Brown didn't do them any favors), but it didn't happen. Our defense totally won this game for us today. We have something really special going on. 4 picks?!? I gotta be dreaming here.

The defensive playcalling was really good too. It looked like we threw a whole lot of different looks at them, and our players knew how to execute on every play. Really impressed with what Smith has done with this defense. He's a guy who's lkearning as well, so he's going to grow and get better with the rest of our young team.

And I'm also glad we got Wynn. He wasn't great or anything today but I think he's an obvious upgrade.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #2
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default Re: Our defense CAN dominate!

I just took a while for all of them to adjust to the system on defense but it's starting to come together.. HOWEVER you can never be TOO good on defense.. (see Baltimore and Denver)

I think we should upgrade a little bit more at the Safety and LB position. Imagine how much better we could be if we pick up a ball hawk safety and stud LB.
Old 11-13-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

So. How many of you still hate Richard Smith?
Old 11-13-2006   #4
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

You can scratch my name off the haters of Richard Smith list.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #5
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
i hated him before (through the first 3 games of the season) when our defense look underprepared and uncoordinated. ill give him some props for turning it around. i dont know how much of it has to do with us learning a new system, but before, guys were just out of position and not making tackles. thats not the case anymore. guys are flying to the ball, making punishing hits, and are not allowing the big plays. another thing i notice is the DB's are playing tighter coverage and are doing a good job of avoiding pass interference.
Old 11-13-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post

I am still dissapointed in his early calls and schemes....

But I never wrote the guy off...I tend to reserve final judgement because I know people or teams can "turn it around"...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read