Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2006   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hate to be optimistic but.......

Over the next few weeks we play Buff, NYJ, Raiders, and Titans. Its not out of the question we win those games. Nothing spectacular about any of those teams.

We are on the cusp of a five game win streak.......and we would still be alive for the playoffs.

Ha Ha, I said playoffs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hate to be optimistic but.......

"playoffs? playoffs? I just hope we win a game. " classic mora

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #3
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Over the next few weeks we play Buff, NYJ, Raiders, and Titans. Its not out of the question we win those games. Nothing spectacular about any of those teams.

We are on the cusp of a five game win streak.......and we would still be alive for the playoffs.

Ha Ha, I said playoffs!

Yes, that's certainly optimistic. We just haven't shown the kind of consistency that would let us win 5 games in a row. Check back after the Jets game. If we thwack Buffalo and beat the Jets, then we can legitimately talk playoffs. Right now, we have guaranteed tiebreaks on the entire AFC except the Jets - and we get that if we beat them. The only problem is that we basically have to win out and certainly can not lose more than one.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #4
Los
Rookie

I would love to see a 5 game win streak, but I think we have a chance of pulling 3 out of those 4 for W's. I would definitely be happy being 6-7 with 3 games left to play...

That right there will show tremendous improvement over last year. (Hell we already have a better record then last year. )
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
Yes, that's certainly optimistic. We just haven't shown the kind of consistency that would let us win 5 games in a row. Check back after the Jets game. If we thwack Buffalo and beat the Jets, then we can legitimately talk playoffs. Right now, we have guaranteed tiebreaks on the entire AFC except the Jets - and we get that if we beat them. The only problem is that we basically have to win out and certainly can not lose more than one.
Very true. We still have to play Indy after the Titan game so it may be a little tough to win the rest but at least we are not dead yet.

Our D is coming around at the right time. Over the last few weeks they have flat out played there butts off. Our O still needs to find a consistent running game. Oh and Kubes needs to figure out how to get into the end zone when inside the 10, and if its calhoun calling the plays then Kubes needs to take the play calling over. I don't remember a problem scoring in Denver.

Old 11-12-2006   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Very true. We still have to play Indy after the Titan game so it may be a little tough to win the rest but at least we are not dead yet.
I'm not worried about Indy. By Week 16, Peyton will be playing for just one series, and their running defense is #32 in the league.

The real problem is the week before, Patriots in New England. Actually, strike that, the real problem is winning 5 in a row so that the Pats game matters.
Old 11-12-2006   #7
SuperMario
Rookie

I can see us winning at least 3 of the next four because of the way our Defense has stepped up. Maybe our Front Office knew what they were doing after all when they took Mario Williams, huh?
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33363 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ha Ha, I said playoffs!

Okay now...take a deep breath.

Okay...now let it out. It's good to breathe ain't it?!?

Okay...now take another deep breath and hold it...now say...

YES!!! I LIKE IT!!!!
Old 11-12-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Playoffs..... you guys are a "little" nuts.

1) 4 ROOKIES, 5 NOW!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL! Starting...... 6 if you count Spencer...
2) LB crew needs a playmaker other than Meco
3) Safety is still a problem
exactly..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #10
FanFromCali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
I would love to see a 5 game win streak, but I think we have a chance of pulling 3 out of those 4 for W's. I would definitely be happy being 6-7 with 3 games left to play...

That right there will show tremendous improvement over last year. (Hell we already have a better record then last year. )

I agree. The team is starting to be more competitive but it still has some major holes to fill before they have a realistic shot at the playoffs. Still, it is nice that they are mathematically in it. I have a lot of hope going into the back half of the schedule.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a chance at winning all 5 of those games, but I don't think we will. I think we'll win 4 out of 5 though, the only loss coming to the Jets. That would still put us at 7-7 which would be very nice.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #12
doughboy
Veteran

All of them will be close except the jets game. Bills yall should blow out.
Old 11-12-2006   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Our back end schedule is definitely in our favor. The Jets and Texans are similar teams. Both have rookie O linemen, both lost there RB's for the season, both have new systems. The only real difference is the Jets had less dead weight on there team than we did. The Raiders is by far the worse team in the NFL and the Buffalo game is my Bday, so all I want is a Texans win. Its the least they could do. I wont mention the Titans right now. I reserve the right to call them names twice a year.

I don't fear the Patriots. They are slightly above average. When we go to play them we should be in full stride. The Colt game is at home and we finish with the Browns.

We can't be losers forever can we?

Old 11-12-2006   #14
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:

We can't be losers forever can we?
Nah all the loser is reserved to the Cards.
Old 11-12-2006   #15
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tweety View Post
You wanna crown 'em? Then crown their a--!
Old 11-12-2006   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tweety View Post
I think there all red uniforms make them look like they are wearing those old western long johns trail riders would wear. All that is missing is the poop flap in the butt.

Old 11-12-2006   #17
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a lot to be optimistic about. The Texans accomplished a lot of things today. First road win in almost two years, exceeding win total from last year and their growing stronger in onfidence. I think they can finally compete now and starting winning games. Here's to a good start to the second half of 2006!!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #18
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33363 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think there all red uniforms make them look like they are wearing those old western long johns trail riders would wear. All that is missing is the poop flap in the butt.
Now that's funny!
Old 11-12-2006   #19
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's what the schedule shows:

Texans (3-6)
Bills - W
Jets - W
Raiders - W
Titans - W
Pat's - L
Colts - W
Browns - W

Jag's (5-4)
Giants - L
Buffalo - W
Miami - L
Colts - L
Titans - W
New England - L
Kansas City - L

Titans (2-7)
Eagles - L
Giants - L
Colts - L
TEXANS - L
Jaguars - L
Bills - W
Pat's - W

So at the end of the year we could see

Colts - 15-1 or somewhere close
Texans - 9-7
Jags - 7-9
Titans - 4-12
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #20
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

dbl posted
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read