Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2006   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default playoffs

i know. we dont have a chance!!!

but...... its our 5th year and im tired of just playing for a couple of wins and this team is playing some pretty good football right now.

so after about 2 years of basically not even looking at standings i decided to give it a look. we are 2 games out of the final wild card position and the 2 teams at 5 and 4 are the jets who we get to play and the jags who we own the tiebreaker with. so i looked a little deeper. the jets and jags have tough games next week while we get buffalo at home. so i looked a little deeper. we only play 2 more games against really good football teams. looks pretty good. but i finally came to my senses no way, we havent won back to back games in i dont know how long. we dont have a shot at the playoffs.....

unless....
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: playoffs

We have a chance, its not over untill its over
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #3
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
We have a chance, its not over untill its over

your right.

my thead was dying. this is my attempt to keep it alive.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #4
TxAg
Rookie

Well we have been getting better and our defense is playing good football. I would not be surprised if it happend my PIG will fly LOL
Old 11-12-2006   #5
Zac
Rookie

If the Texans Defense holds, the Offense might just have enough to have a 50-50 Chance of winning their remaining games.

Playoffs aren't likely, but with a tough defense like the one the Texans are fielding, anything is possible.
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #6
texflex513
All Pro

Anythings possible at this time in our season!!! playoffs???? why not.. things are looking up even with injuries. TEXANS4LIFE! X1000
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

When thing I have learned being a Texan fan, threads like this one lead to bad things

Just look to next week and then after that week look towards the next.

One week at a time.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2006   #8
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I wouldn't even start talking about possible postseason until after the Jets game...if we can beat the Bills/Jets that would make 3 wins in a row for us which is something we've never done before in our 4.5 year history as an NFL team.

If we can do that then we'll start talking postseason, but until then im just thinking about the possibility of our first 8-8 season!!!
Old 11-12-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
if we can beat the Bills/Jets that would make 3 wins in a row for us which is something we've never done before in our 4.5 year history as an NFL team.

That's kind of sad. I'm glad David Carr didn't say he wouldn't cut his hair until we won 3 games in a row because he would look like a wooly mammoth right about now.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #10
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't think theres going to be any Easy wins. The bills held the colts to 17 points today and only lost by 1. The Texans need to be ready for a hard fought game this next weekend.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #11
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
I don't think theres going to be any Easy wins. The bills held the colts to 17 points today and only lost by 1. The Texans need to be ready for a hard fought game this next weekend.
but you cant go by that...the jags shut out every opponent at home this year except for us and the colts barely beat the titans by 1 and we should have destroyed them just like the rest of the league is doing. Every game is different and who ever brings their A game and doesnt get cheated by refs can win any game. Look at the phins vs the bears, hell most games this NFL season for that matter....there is no for sure formula for any win even on paper.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #12
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

In the legendary words of Jim Mora...

P-p-p-p-p-playoffs?? You kiddin me? You talking about playoffs???

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not gonna start worryin' about the playoffs until we get to the Super Bowl.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew View Post
In the legendary words of Jim Mora...

P-p-p-p-p-playoffs?? You kiddin me? You talking about playoffs???
i was gonna do that! anyway, i really cant wait for this D to face Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. That should tell us all we need to know about how good we really are
Old 11-13-2006   #15
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

we've got 4 winnable games coming up. now winning them is a different story. if not for the bad luck vs. the oilers we could seriously make a run at it.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #16
DeclanJr
Rookie

Would've been nice to have won that game in Tennessee...
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #17
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
we dont have a chance!!!

I agree totally with this part of your statement.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #18
real

I don't know if the fans should be expecting or hoping for play-offs....

But I sure hope that's still the teams goal...I hope that they are still shooting for that within the confines of Reliant...
Old 11-13-2006   #19
jmlockett
Rookie

Well thats a nice change of pace from everyone wanting someones head on a plate to thinking playoffs. I would like to add that please people dont get dropped in a bucket of depression if we don't make the playoffs. This team has fought hard and have come a long way. My hat goes off to the Texans if you don't make post season I don't care. Thanks for trying.
jmlockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006   #20
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

our only chance would be to win out, which is about 99.999% impossible...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read