Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2006   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Wali Lundi Fans wont like this

I know there are some Lundy fans here , but In my opinion I think Gado is the better back , Gado is alot faster and takes sharper cuts just the better back I think , he gets the ball down the field quicker.
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wali Lundi Fans wont like this

I like Gado and have high hopes for him.

I like Lundy too though. I dont really care which of em is running the ball, i have faith that they can get the job done.

Hopefully one of them will turn into a superstar for us.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed, but Lundy is not a bad back. Gado should do first half (the toughest), then Lundy in the second half.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #4
Samkonfan
Rookie

I'm not going to say I told you so but can we all agree that in the 3 wins the Texans have that Gado was a part of the offense and they are 3-0. I said that if he got 20 carries that he would have a 100 yards and the texans would win. He had 17 for 67 so if i don't think that he would have 33 yards if he had 3 more carries but if he would have gotten the carries that Lundy got in the first half he might have. So what happened to Lundy being the man because this is the same jaguar team that he made his "break out" but could not get 3 yards a carry against them this time. He is a good back but just goes down to easy. I still like Lundy though. I just hope we have seen our last of Ron Dayne
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #5
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

neither Lundy or Gado is the long-term answer .... IMO
Old 11-12-2006   #6
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

I like both Lundi & Gado but I have to agree that Gado seems to be the better of the two. Lundi appears to be picking more blocks these days then in the beginning of the year. IMO.
WaywardTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

3 wins defense has given up less then 15 points.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2006   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't have a starting RB and I don't think it really matters who you like, because they both will be splitting carries from here on out, I think.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep playing them both and keep the "power" back inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #10
zeplin
Veteran

Exclamation Re: Wali Lundi Fans wont like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
We don't have a starting RB and I don't think it really matters who you like, because they both will be splitting carries from here on out, I think.
I agree with with most of this statement. All 3 Lundy,Gado and Dayne. Dayne can punish a tired defense in the 4th quarter.
Old 11-12-2006   #11
Doug
All Pro

Neither one is consistent as well as our Oline run blocking. It's not like Gado has performed well every time he's on the field to make me say he's the clear choice. Both of their performances change on a weekly basis. I think Gado and Lundy need to keep swapping out and whoever is having a more productive day should carry the ball more as the game wears on. I do know Ron Dayne doesn't need to be here next year.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #12
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Neither one is consistent as well as our Oline run blocking. It's not like Gado has performed well every time he's on the field to make me say he's the clear choice. Both of their performances change on a weekly basis. I think Gado and Lundy need to keep swapping out and whoever is having a more productive day should carry the ball more as the game wears on. I do know Ron Dayne doesn't need to be here next year.
Ditto!

Exactly, whoever is doing better that day should have the most carries, Thankfully, it seem when one is shut down, the other is picking it up.

Good game today.
Old 11-12-2006   #13
wolfscar
Veteran

I agree that we don't have a starter, but if one guy is going to be #1 back I'd like it to be Gado, with Lundy coming in to change things up. I think Lundy has a better first step but I like Gado's instincts and he has great breakaway speed in the open. If we stick with him for equal/more carries the rest of the season I think we'll see a few runs of 30+ yards (I hope).

And Dayne, well he just plain sucks.
Old 11-12-2006   #14
brewhaus
All Pro

I agree that Dayne, Gado or Lundy are not a long term solution for our need for a RB. But I do like the way Kubiak is using them. He is working their strenghts into a game plan that worked today. Particularly in the 4th quarter when we used Gado to pound the ball and run down the clock.
I liked the way the Texans played ball control today......another step in the "learning to win" lesson.
Old 11-12-2006   #15
FanFromCali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
neither Lundy or Gado is the long-term answer .... IMO
This is my feeling as well. I think they split carries the rest of the way (Lundy should get the most work) and then the team will address this postion in the off-season.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #16
phan1
All Pro

They looks pretty much the same IMO. I like Lundy's ability to do something in open space more than Gado though. But Gado looks like a better short yardage guy. And neither of them can catch, so... I like playing them both.

But I agree neither are that great, especially when you think of what DD can do.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #17
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfscar View Post

And Dayne, well he just plain sucks.
This is the quote of the year in this forum.

However, I would disagree with anyone here that has stated anything to the effect that Gado is inconsistent. This would imply you have enough data to support this claim.

There are only two games that you can make a judgement on.

1. He started vs Jags last time and looked very good, then got taken out when Lundy got the benefit of a few great blocked plays.

2. This game. and he did great.

When you look at the first half....Lundy had just over 1 yard a carry.

Then we only changed the backs...no other changes...and Gado had his preformance.

All that happened to Gado today was he did not get the LUCKY sweep play that Lundy had last time.

If Gado gets the benefit of a Candy-hop blocked play and busts it for 35 yards, then you guys are all saying he may be the real deal.

Also, every time Gado gets enough reps to matter, he always, and I repeat always, JACKS someone on his pass protection.

Lundy looks like the runt of the litter on pass protection. Gado is a bully on the playground on pass protection.
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #18
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

was gado/dayne really that bad?! lundy hasnt really been extremely better. he has a few standout games under his belt, but he has also been pretty much a noinfactor in lots as well, and gado ran extremely well today.
Old 11-12-2006   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think Gado should atleast get the carries in short yardage or clock control situations
Old 11-12-2006   #20
Samkonfan
Rookie

No one seems to want to answer my question about what happened to Lundy. This is the same team that he torched for 90+ yards and Kubiak named him the starter for a long time. Now a couple of weeks later he had about a 2 yard average. While Gado average right at 4 yards a carry. Not too mention a much better pass protector. Anyway, I'm off my soap box. If the people of Houston can't get behind this kid and realize that although still raw, his potential is unlimited. I really see him as a "Tiki Barber" type guy. 3-4 years in the league and then he is going to be all-pro. If I'm the only one that sees that here then I hope after this year another team picks him up because its not like he's playing for the Patriots are anything we are talking about the Texans
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read