Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2004   #21
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do you think about a little more shotgun formation
I was surprised that we didn't use it more against KC in the fourth. I was pleased with the results though.
Old 09-30-2004   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like Carr woke up and made some really good clutch throws.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C
I was surprised that we didn't use it more against KC in the fourth. I was pleased with the results though.
Probably didn't see it much in KC because the stadium was so loud Carr was having troubles getting off audibles at the line.
Old 10-01-2004   #24
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Probably didn't see it much in KC because the stadium was so loud Carr was having troubles getting off audibles at the line.
Yeah, you're right. It was very loud, and then very quiet.. :hehe:
Old 10-01-2004   #25
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect the toss-sweep to Hollings will be out in force.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004   #26
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default exactly

Quote:
Our T.E.s will be our best friend in this game vs. Oakland IMO.
This statement is exactly right! The Raiders will try to rush the passer, knowing if they can get David trying to scramble, the Texans offense will flutter! BUT, and that is a big BUT for our coaches, if we use the middle of the field and exploit their weakness (Their LB's), this will open up the rest of the field. B-Mill and Brew will become key targets early in the game! Also, we cannot be afraid to go deep. Johnson and Woodson will be the key matchup, ALLDAY! They will play man-to-man with Buchanon hanging out over deep routes. So be careful! As for the defense, 2 deep zone. Rush 5-7 on every play. Collins has proven to not handle pressure that well, but he does love the deep ball if you give him enough time. This can hurt the Texans!

Prediction....Our staff still doesn't get it, but the players refuse to let us down!

Texans 27
Raiders 21
Old 10-01-2004   #27
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I was listening to Carr this morning and he was saying the Raiders will either bring 8 or drop 8 on every play. There's no in-between. Carr's challenge will be to recognize quickly and execute. The line will really need to step up the pass protection and Carr will need to be patient against their deep zones.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2004   #28
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
yea what about the timing routes, what happened to that. gaff and armstrong are effective route runners, dont know how they are when they get jammed at the line though. it will be intersting how johnson matches up with c dub. man i already know they will bring the house on carr. that will NOT be pretty unless we can organize a couple of screens for their ***, or somethin. hopefully we can come out of this with a win.
FYI, Forgot which program but sports 610 said timing passes are not for strong arm passers like Carr. In this situation, with Carr using his cell phone every series to make sure health insurance is in effect, I think timing plays, quick screens and tight ends should be used a lot.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read