Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MW Ballin

i can't find the picture,but Giants were mad

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...p-394481c.html

Quote:
Mario's jumper has Giants hoppin' mad

BY RALPH VACCHIANO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

The Giants take their jump-shot celebrations very seriously. So they were not happy yesterday when it was mocked by Houston defensive end Mario Williams and QB David Carr.

"Horrible," said Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce. "It was horrible by them. But it's props to us. At least it shows they watch TV down in Houston."

Added center Shaun O'Hara: "I think it was insulting as well."

The crowd at Giants Stadium obviously agreed, since they loudly booed Williams after he celebrated his second-quarter sack by faking a jump shot - mimicking the "Ballin'" celebration the Giants defense has been using since the bye week. O'Hara was so bothered by it he gave the rookie a shove.

"I just wanted to let him know this is our basketball court," O'Hara said. "He's entitled to do that. I wanted to make sure he knew it wasn't going to happen again."

Afterward, Williams sheepishly pleaded ignorance. "I didn't know it was a patented move for the Giants," he said. "I apologize."

Williams didn't do it again, but Carr did after his two-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter. Oddly, his jump shot drew a penalty for a "group celebration," though it wasn't clear who else was part of the group.

"Imitation is the biggest form of flattery," said Michael Strahan. "And ball out all you want. We will ball out with that 'W' and we will pack you back to Houston. If everyone wants to shoot the jump shot, thank you. Winning is all we care about.
wow big babbies
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MW Ballin

Quote:
AND ANOTHER THING: Williams didn't just annoy the Giants with his jump shot. He also drew their ire on the third play of the third quarter, when he drew a late-hit penalty for shoving Eli Manning out of bounds. Guard Chris Snee rushed to Manning's defense on the sidelines, even though the penalty was questionable at best.

"I didn't even see the hit, I just saw Eli go flying," Snee said. "I saw the end result and I saw the flag go up, so I figured it had to be something."
that something was called home cooking
http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...8&postcount=15

that link is a v man post and his avatar has MW ballin

Last edited by Wolf; 11-11-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ocidfeed&hl=en

video of best play of Mario career so far
Old 11-11-2006   #4
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Yeah, they got plenty of home cooking, and they still had to have a fumble by cook to win the game.
Old 11-11-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
"Giants offensive tackle Bob Whitfield, a 15-year veteran and former first-round pick by Atlanta, had this to say about Mario Williams: "The son of a gun is almost inhuman out there for how big and thick and solid he is. And I caught it firsthand because I said to myself, `Don't give the young kid a sack.' But I don't call it a sack when he actually dislocates your whole left side of your body when he hit me. It was almost like he needed to have a penalty for tearing up an old man. I actually told him, `Slow it down, young fellow.' He's strong. He's big. He's got it. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with.""
don't know where that was quoted and was on another mB
http://boards.ign.com/football/b5105/130637148/p2
Old 11-11-2006   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish our players would get feisty and get some fire going. I think mocking teams for their stupid celebrations are great. Using Van Gundy's term, we seem to have too many "milk drinkers" on this team.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

that video, I really didn't pay attention to Whitfield. my eyes just watched mario and eli.. wow, whitfield went sprawling.
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2006   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a nice moment but Bob Whitfield was a freshman in College before many of you guys here in this forum were born....he's not that good anymore.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #9
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

why is a football team doing a basketball game move to celebrate...
Old 11-11-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

not sure maybe Mario could "calf rope " him next time
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...f+roping&hl=en

yellow flags would fly I am sure
Old 11-11-2006   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

It'll be alot of ballin' on Sunday when the Bears get 24325326543265 Sacks on the Giants.
Old 11-11-2006   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Michael Strahan. "And ball out all you want. We will ball out with that 'W' and we will pack you back to Houston. If everyone wants to shoot the jump shot, thank you. Winning is all we care about.
Obvoisly not since there is a whole flipping article about you guys crying about the stupid jump shot thing you made up.

Hey Starahan how about finish the game before you shoot your mouth off, Did you quit because Zack Wiegert was owning you?

They dont want to see us again!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cry babies...
Old 11-11-2006   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ocidfeed&hl=en

video of best play of Mario career so far

Thanks Wolf! Man, I've been trying to find a video of that sack for the past week. I was hoping it would be on the NFL Network recap but of course, they didn't show it. That was indeed his best sack so far. Keep 'em coming Mario!!!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

exactly, with all this crying, I've lost whatever respect I had for the Giants and Strahan, especially.

Cry me a freaking river
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It was a nice moment but Bob Whitfield was a freshman in College before many of you guys here in this forum were born....he's not that good anymore.
go look at the next two plays where he does the same thing to petigout
Old 11-11-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

I hate to be greedy, but I would have liked for this video to show the next 2 plays also
Old 11-11-2006   #18
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, that whole series was a Mario highlight. Even the next play when Meco got the sack. Mario blew right through the line and opened it up for Meco to get in and take Eli down. These two guys have a bright future ahead of them.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #19
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Oh their just upset Mario got a hold of Cabbage Patch Doll Manning followed by another sack from DeMeco...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
Oh their just upset Mario got a hold of Cabbage Patch Doll Manning followed by another sack from DeMeco...
And THEN another almost sack/almost fumble (possible backward lateral) for Mario.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read