Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2006   #1
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Pete King. He's at it again.

It is really hard to respect, like or at this point, listen to this gigantic A**-hole.......what else can he think of to say about the Texans. I realize it's all because he can't "figure us", but what is he gonna do when we start winning consistantly? Maybe find a new career.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...k10/index.html

Last edited by brewhaus; 11-10-2006 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added link
brewhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pete King. He's at it again.

You go figure the Texans. I can't. Bunch of psychos. They're young enough and good enough to be a scary team, though. Watch that DeMeco Ryans at middle linebacker. He plays like a slimmer Ray Lewis.
Jacksonville 20, Houston 13

Ok, what about that pi**es you off? Actually to me that is a compliment from him. And the score, so what, so he picked Jax to win, what's the problem with that, the Texans haven't won on the road in like 2 years..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #3
austintexanite
All Pro

Read that yesterday, and it didn't bother me too much because we do have to start winning games more to get respect in this league. He was pissed that we were celebrating against the Giants, but keep in mind the guy lives in Jersey, so go figure. I don't agree with what he said earlier in the week, but if you think about it, it was a backhanded compliment to the team and especially Demeco.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
It is really hard to respect, like or at this point, listen to this gigantic A**-hole.......what else can he think of to say about the Texans. I realize it's all because he can't "figure us", but what is he gonna do when we start winning consistantly? Maybe find a new career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
You go figure the Texans. I can't. Bunch of psychos. They're young enough and good enough to be a scary team, though. Watch that DeMeco Ryans at middle linebacker. He plays like a slimmer Ray Lewis.

Ok, what about that pi**es you off? Actually to me that is a compliment from him. And the score, so what, so he picked Jax to win, what's the problem with that, the Texans haven't won on the road in like 2 years..
I agree with him. That is how I have felt the last two weeks. Whip Jacksonville, and give away the next two. What is scary is I agree with him, maybe I to see a shrink or something.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #5
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Quote:
IMO, He's right. One week we play with 'anybody' but-the next-we look worse than our first year. Like other posters have stated, we won't get respect until we earn it by cosistent play week in /weak out--that doesn't mean wins every week,,,solid play.
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That didn't bother me. He actually gave us some props. I don't expect any one to pick us to start winning until we start winning consistently.

Let start with this game...
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #7
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post

I don't think we are a "Bunch of Psychos". I like to look at us as "Up and Comers"....or "steadly improving"...
The fact we haven't won on the road for a while makes me hopeful we are going to do it on Sunday, and I can't think of a better team to break the streak with than the Jags.

....or maybe it's just that I just don't hold much stock in the "know all, see all" folks at ESPN.
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2006   #8
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't bother me a bit. Right on the money actually.
Old 11-10-2006   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta agree with King. Do you think the team can even figure itself out, kinda loke split personalities.

Plus he gave some HUGE props to Demeco.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Any body know what the official spread is?? I bet King's inline with that.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Any body know what the official spread is?? I bet King's inline with that.
King would actually be predicting the Texans against the spread which is currently at 10.5.
Old 11-10-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
King would actually be predicting the Texans against the spread which is currently at 10.5.
Well I was wrong....... another compliment from King..... that king's a good guy, show'n us some 'spect....
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Currently this team plays like Sybil when off the lithium. Never know who is showing up to play, so King is right this time.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

doesn't bother me much..

I figure
Young+new schemes= inconsistancy
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #15
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

Quote:
Bunch of psychos.
a time will come when theses words will be compliments directed at our defence! Someday..... in the near future.......... hopefully~
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think King is right on target. Calling us a "bunch of psychos" isn't a derogative term towards the Texans. It's just another way of calling us unpredictable or inconsistent. He actually is fairly positive in this statement.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #17
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

King's been fairly positive all year in his Texans comments. He pointed out David Carr's passer rating before anyone else, noted AJ shortly before he took over the #1 spot and has given props to Daniels and Ryans.

I think he's a closet fan, so he gets a little disappointed like us
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

that kinda of psycho LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am always amazed at the number of "I can't believe ______ said something bad about the Texans" threads (sorry we are 2-6 w/o zero winning seasons)

or

in reverse, "Look, here is a great article on _____ player or aspect of the Texans" Great= some version of complimentary.

Do we really care that much what others think about? Pretty much until the Texans win, the balance of what is written about the Texans is going to be negative. Not sure I need the details.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I am always amazed at the number of "I can't believe ______ said something bad about the Texans" threads (sorry we are 2-6 w/o zero winning seasons)

or

in reverse, "Look, here is a great article on _____ player or aspect of the Texans" Great= some version of complimentary.

Do we really care that much what others think about? Pretty much until the Texans win, the balance of what is written about the Texans is going to be negative. Not sure I need the details.
no kidding...plus, this kind of stuff makes our fan base look like thin skinned pollyanna fans that have no grip on reality. People have opinions, and just because they may not agree with you doesn't make them a @#$%!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read