Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who would you rather see at QB?
David Garrard 8 14.29%
Byron Leftwich 48 85.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who would you rather see at QB for the Jags?

Garrard or Leftwich? I would rather see Leftwich in there since he's about as mobile as a cinder block. Garrard can make plays with his feet. Leftwich is a better passes than Garrard is, but overall I think Garrard is the better QB. He just needs his time to show what he can do.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you rather see at QB for the Jags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Garrard or Leftwich? I would rather see Leftwich in there since he's about as mobile as a cinder block. Garrard can make plays with his feet. Leftwich is a better passes than Garrard is, but overall I think Garrard is the better QB. He just needs his time to show what he can do.
I think Garrard is the better QB and the better runner.

Leftwich is a gunslinger who is prone to mistakes.

Garrard seems more careful back there. He wont throw for a ton of yds but he doesnt throw a lot of INTs either.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006   #3
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think Garrard is the better QB and the better runner.

Leftwich is a gunslinger who is prone to mistakes.

Garrard seems more careful back there. He wont throw for a ton of yds but he doesnt throw a lot of INTs either.

Sounds like another David from a team that I love, however some people won't give him the benifit of your first statement"I think Garrard, CARR is the better QB and the better runner.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

i dont care?
Old 11-09-2006   #5
TxAg
Rookie

Does not matter he will get sacked
Old 11-09-2006   #6
srstex
Veteran

If our D line plays like last week, the Jags are in for a long day. We looked HOT. Williams was awesome, Weaver & Maddox did a heck of a job in the middle, I think that our D line is coming around, a little late maybe, but if we can turn 2-6 into 6-2 we will still have our best year yet. I don't think you can stick a fork in us yet.
Old 11-09-2006   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex View Post
If our D line plays like last week, the Jags are in for a long day. We looked HOT. Williams was awesome, Weaver & Maddox did a heck of a job in the middle, I think that our D line is coming around, a little late maybe, but if we can turn 2-6 into 6-2 we will still have our best year yet. I don't think you can stick a fork in us yet.
I think it is worth noting that the Giants have one of the best O-lines in the NFL and we played them really well last week.

Jax has a decent O-line but it is not as talented as the Giants.

We coud really do well up front against them.
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2006   #8
real

I'd rather see Garrard...

Despite Leftwhich's shortcomings, I feel more comfortable with Garrard in the game...

I see a two interception game for him....
Old 11-09-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a no-brainer for me: Leftwich looked great in our last meeting...of course, "great" being relative to a Texans point-of-view.

Garrard is dangerous, IMO, and presents a new set of problems to deal with. Hopefully our line can get to him early and rattle his cage accordingly. He needs to hear the footsteps.
Old 11-09-2006   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Garrard worries me because he can hurt us with his feet. I don't want another big run for a TD by a QB like we had with VY.

OTOH, Garrard has a lower completion percentage than Leftwich. Which could be good for us.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I rather see Ryan Leaf as their QB.... But of these two id take Leftwich...I think his confidence is down right now with all this QB controversy talk....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's a no-brainer for me: Leftwich looked great in our last meeting...of course, "great" being relative to a Texans point-of-view.

Garrard is dangerous, IMO, and presents a new set of problems to deal with. Hopefully our line can get to him early and rattle his cage accordingly. He needs to hear the footsteps.
Great minds think alike. That is just what I was thinking.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Leftwich slow of foot and slow of wit. Garrard not. Easy choice.
Old 11-09-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

This poll isnt even close.
Old 11-10-2006   #15
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I want em to play the best QB they got. No excuse from their fans this time after we beat their sorry ***
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #16
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
I want em to play the best QB they got. No excuse from their fans this time after we beat their sorry ***
My sentiments exactly. It doesn't matter who they put up front, it will be an excuse for why they lost to the Texans.
Old 11-10-2006   #17
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Who cares. Jags are done.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
I want em to play the best QB they got. No excuse from their fans this time ...
If I had two choices:

a) They play their best QB and we lose
b) They play a lesser QB and we win and listen to excuses

I'll take b).
Old 11-10-2006   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think Leftwich is a good QB, but he needs all the mobility he can get. I thought he was going to drop some weight this offseason just for that reason. He has no one to blame but himself.

Garrard hasn't played enough to have all his warts exposed. He has flaws, all QBs do. I think the best plan against Garrard is to rush 4, play zone, and make him beat you with his arm. We saw how stupid a running QB can make a blitz look against the Titans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read