Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2006   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Was T.O. fined or reprimanded for his "nap" in the endzone?

Just curious. I personally like some of the end zone celebrations and it adds a little entertainment I suppose. But with the rules banning anything other than spiking the ball or something, why would TO purposely take a "nap" when he knew it would result in a 15 yard penalty? If I was Parcells I would have fined him for it. It's one thing to get carried away and get penalized but to plan it out and purposely do it seems out of line and deserving of some slap on the wrist. Anyone know the story?
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #2
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Was T.O. fined or reprimanded for his "nap" in the endzone?

Not sure. But, if I were Parcels I would fine him for that "nap" he took on that post route that could have won the game for them.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle View Post
Not sure. But, if I were Parcels I would fine him for that "nap" he took on that post route that could have won the game for them.
No doubt. After watching that blown play, along with a couple others this season, I have to say "best WR my arse!". TO is overrated for all the publicity he gets. He's not the best in football, and I probably wouldn't even rank him in the top 10 right now.
Old 11-08-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
But with the rules banning anything other than spiking the ball or something, why would TO purposely take a "nap" when he knew it would result in a 15 yard penalty?
I am starting to think that sometimes T.O. does things that he perceives as being good for T.O. even if they are bad for his team. Can you believe it????????????
Old 11-08-2006   #5
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

So here's my question: Does a football game count as a team meeting for Owens?
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy is bi polar or has no regard for his team mates. Great talent, but he is a triple homicide team killer.
Old 11-09-2006   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Just curious. I personally like some of the end zone celebrations and it adds a little entertainment I suppose. But with the rules banning anything other than spiking the ball or something,....
I was thinking you can't have props and can't have scripted celebrations with your teammates nor excessive celebrating with the teammates. Otherwise, ocho-cinco would be penalized all the time.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

This should cheer up the haters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab1pos1

It is hilarious.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #9
ATX_Texan
Veteran

www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/15978354.htm Link

Randy Galloway has some interesting observations about how Parcells sold his dignity and integrity to J.Jones. Some interesting quotes:

Quote:
In the heat of the moment during the Cowboys-Redskins game, a guy considered by so many to be a great and respected head coach, was punk'd by a punk.
Quote:
I'm wondering right now if it was worth it to Bill. What exactly is the price tag on your good name? On one hand, it's a ton of money. But the grief and the soiled reputation as a coach of discipline has been extremely expensive.
Quote:
Last March, Jerry wanted Owens, badly. Two of Jerry's chief "consultants," Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders, were in Jones' ear, urging him on
Parcells is a shell of a once great coach. He should have quit like he wanted to before the season. However, greed is all that is left for him now. The Cowboys fans should be concerned that J.Jones is back to running the team. If Irvin and Deion, two of the biggest jackazzs ever to disgrace the NFL, are his chief consultants, there can be nothing but trouble for the 'Boys in the future. Jones always admired and loved Al Davis and it appears that he is transforming the team into that image (Not the great teams from the 70's, but the steaming pile that the Raiders have become.).
Old 12-08-2006   #10
mefool3030
Rookie

[quote=ATX_Texan;494244]www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/15978354.htm Link

Parcells is a shell of a once great coach. He should have quit like he wanted to before the season. However, greed is all that is left for him now. The Cowboys fans should be concerned that J.Jones is back to running the team. If Irvin and Deion, two of the biggest jackazzs ever to disgrace the NFL, are his chief consultants, there can be nothing but trouble for the 'Boys in the future. Jones always admired and loved Al Davis and it appears that he is transforming the team into that image (Not the great teams from the 70's, but the steaming pile that the Raiders have become.).[/QUOTE

This guy is right on the money. Parcells needs to quit now and forfeit the season, it's all over!

Now the Cowboys are just like the Raiders?

What a DUMB*****
mefool3030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read