Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2006   #1
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Default Vic Carucci has man love 4...

Reggie Bush?

In an article for a mid-season report for the NFL, Vic goes over all the nominations. For D-ROY he is leaning towards Mark Anderson of the Bears- (a fair pick), but I'm still rooting for DeMeco.

However, he goes on:

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Marques Colston, receiver, New Orleans. It's amazing, but this little-known player from Hofstra has upstaged his ultra-hyped teammate, Reggie Bush, and other big-name rookies. His seven touchdown catches actually put him ahead of the likes of Marvin Harrison. Honorable mention: Bush; Joseph Addai, running back, Indianapolis; Laurence Maroney, running back, New England.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9785655

All I can ask is why????

Why are you still using Reggie Bush's Jockstrap as an eyepatch so you can't see all the NFL rookies. There are 7 other rookie running backs ahead of bush in stats. 3 rookie WR that have more yards. And Everybody on offense has more TDs.

The point is- there are other rookies that deserve attention (Daniels), that should have had an Honorable mention. So why don't you drop the man love for Reggie and actually watch some games.
Old 11-08-2006   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vic Carucci has man love 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Front Row Crew View Post
Reggie Bush?

All I can ask is why????

Why are you still using Reggie Bush's Jockstrap as an eyepatch so you can't see all the NFL rookies. There are 7 other rookie running backs ahead of bush in stats. 3 rookie WR that have more yards. And Everybody on offense has more TDs.

The point is- there are other rookies that deserve attention (Daniels), that should have had an Honorable mention. So why don't you drop the man love for Reggie and actually watch some games.
Classic!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reggie Bush?

In an article for a mid-season report for the NFL, Vic goes over all the nominations. For D-ROY he is leaning towards Mark Anderson of the Bears- (a fair pick), but I'm still rooting for DeMeco.

However, he goes on:

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Marques Colston, receiver, New Orleans. It's amazing, but this little-known player from Hofstra has upstaged his ultra-hyped teammate, Reggie Bush, and other big-name rookies. His seven touchdown catches actually put him ahead of the likes of Marvin Harrison. Honorable mention: Bush; Joseph Addai, running back, Indianapolis; Laurence Maroney, running back, New England.

All I can ask is why????

1 of reggies biggest fanboy's from the start, no doubt...hes a poor analyst anyway imo (and no not just because he loves reggie) so i wouldnt worry about it
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #4
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reggie Bush?

However, he goes on:

All I can ask is why????

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but I don't see where you're getting that he's sucking up to Bush. From what I gather, he's just pointing out that a teammate of Bush's is outperforming him, by far, despite all of the Bush hype. He didn't even give Bush an honorable mention (which I think he would if he's really that high on him).

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how I see it.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
He didn't even give Bush an honorable mention (which I think he would if he's really that high on him).
yes he did.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yes he did.

My bad...I was reading it wrong
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read