Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2006   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How many wins can we get in the second half?

The Texans had a good showing last game, maybe they can stay consistent the rest of the season.

We are halfway through, and the easy part of our schedule is up. Our D has improved, we might have a running game, and Carr is, well, he has gotten better.Lets hope he stays that way and we dont have to see Sage again.

How many games will we win?

I say we should have 4 games locked up as a win being Bills, Raiders, Titans, and Browns.

We can beat the Jets, but that is a road game, so its a toss up and the homer in me says win. Same for the Jags this week, and the homer in me is saying we can do it too.

We could pull an upset against the Pats and Colts, but I think it is unlikely but we will play them hard.

All in all thats 4 we should win, and 2 maybes, and 2 luckys.

I say 5 wins, and that could be 7 and 9. Wow. I might be in for some dissapointment, but I am an optimistic fan.

Go Texans.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #2
rafterticket
Veteran

Default Re: How many wins can we get in the second half?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I say we should have 4 games locked up as a win being Bills, Raiders, Titans, and Browns.

We can beat the Jets, but that is a road game, so its a toss up and the homer in me says win. Same for the Jags this week, and the homer in me is saying we can do it too.

We could pull an upset against the Pats and Colts, but I think it is unlikely but we will play them hard.

All in all thats 4 we should win, and 2 maybes, and 2 luckys.

I say 5 wins, and that could be 7 and 9. Wow. I might be in for some dissapointment, but I am an optimistic fan.

Go Texans.
I am saying we can absolutely take 3 out of four of our remaining home games. Does everyone realize we STILL have a very, very good possibilty of posting our first winning home record?

After we win this Sunday (subtle trash talk), we should take the Raiders and get that 7 - 9 record you're talking about. BUT....we have a better than maybe against the Jets, too. So we could take that one, too.

HEY! Would that be weird if we go into our last game at 7-8 and facing Cleveland at home? If that happens, and we win, that could erase a lot of bad karma around here.
Old 11-08-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll get another 3 wins...four if we're lucky and don't blow the game.
Old 11-08-2006   #4
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

The games we have left are:

Nov 12 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Nov 19 Buffalo 1:00pm
Nov 26 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Dec 3 @Oakland 4:05pm
Dec 10 Tennessee 1:00pm
Dec 17 @New England 1:00pm
Dec 24 Indianapolis 1:00pm
Dec 31 Cleveland 1:00pm

We could win over Buffalo, Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland
We Might win over NY Jets and Jackson
We could steal one from the Colts or New England (if the clinched and are "resting")

None of these games are easy, but its better than the first Eight games.

I'll say 6-2 the rest of the way- And hope for better- BUT ALWAYS FIGHT MORE!!
Old 11-08-2006   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I only see 3 games where we are legitimate underdogs (Jax, NE, and Indy). Everything else is going to be debatable, as even the Jets, the best team not included in the three above, have had some terrible games. We are still a very inconsistant team, so I think a long winning streak is not that achivable until we can get a good effort from all aspects of the team in a game and start forcing turnovers. However, I think the ingrediants are there for a very good showing in the second half of the season and I can see, or at least hope for, a 7-9 record.
Old 11-08-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

We could win the rest of them by 60 easy good game we win
Old 11-08-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Realistically, four games somewhere in there is reasonable. Being the Texans, Houston has a habit of losing games they "should" win. So I expect one of these teams to beat Houston: Tennessee, Buffalo, Cleveland, or Oakland. I suspect Tennessee will take Houston when Vince returns home. However, I think the Texans will post their first win against Indy. It really depends on how well they do in Foxboro the week before.
Old 11-08-2006   #8
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
I only see 3 games where we are legitimate underdogs (Jax, NE, and Indy). Everything else is going to be debatable, as even the Jets, the best team not included in the three above, have had some terrible games. We are still a very inconsistant team, so I think a long winning streak is not that achivable until we can get a good effort from all aspects of the team in a game and start forcing turnovers. However, I think the ingrediants are there for a very good showing in the second half of the season and I can see, or at least hope for, a 7-9 record.
I agree those 3 teams are gonna give us trouble especially new england on the road..heck the way our season seems to be going we will beat those 3 teams and lose to tenn ny and cleveland.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

4 more. 6-10 end of season record.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
4 more. 6-10 end of season record.
Agree.
Old 11-08-2006   #11
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Front Row Crew View Post
The games we have left are:

Nov 12 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Nov 19 Buffalo 1:00pm
Nov 26 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Dec 3 @Oakland 4:05pm
Dec 10 Tennessee 1:00pm
Dec 17 @New England 1:00pm
Dec 24 Indianapolis 1:00pm
Dec 31 Cleveland 1:00pm

We could win over Buffalo, Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland
We Might win over NY Jets and Jackson
We could steal one from the Colts or New England (if the clinched and are "resting")

None of these games are easy, but its better than the first Eight games.

I'll say 6-2 the rest of the way- And hope for better- BUT ALWAYS FIGHT MORE!!
I'll go as far to say we go 5-3 the rest of the way(Possibly 7-1). If we can go to Jax and play error free we can win,but I think this one gets away from us late. Then I see our first 4 game win streak in our short history. In NE think we play them close but not close enough. Then comes Christmas Eve.... Battle Red ..... The hated Colts... Packed house... We finally beat the colts, unless we turn the ball over 3-5 times. Then end the season with a win over Cleveland.
Between 6-10 & 8-8
Old 11-08-2006   #12
getball2dre
Rookie

I agree. I would not be shocked to see us go 6-2 for the second half of the season. Every game, except for Indy and New England, should be winnable.

Its up to how well we play on both sides of the ball with Carr and Johnson on the offensive side and Ryans and Williams on the defensive side of the ball.
getball2dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

If we go 5-3 (or better) for the second half of this season, I'd say we stand a good chance of having a winning record in 2007 and possibly even a wildcard spot. I'd even make a fresh batch of battle red koolaide if we finished that strong!
Old 11-08-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I initially said 7-9 at the beginning of the season, and that is what I am sticking with. This team has the ability to pull out five more wins.
Old 11-08-2006   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to be a downer but those four teams we're talking about beating easy are all saying the same about us. They are putting a W against us in their remaining schedule.

With that said, we could easily beat them but to be conservative say we win 2. That puts us at 4 wins. and then we win 1 or 2 more the rest of the way leaving us at a 5 or 6 win season, maybe 6-10 is what i see us at realistically. anything better would be great! This would put us most likely between pick 5-10 next year but who knows.

let's win 'em all.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #16
Big J
Rookie

I see a ton of improvement all along this team and it makes you feel good about the future. But this year could we gather momentum and take down a couple solid victories? I really dont know. We have lost to many close games to consider any of them W's to be honest.

Something is missing and I hope David Carr finds it quickly, because we all know what it is. Love him or hate him, he needs to lead this team to some victories and show signs of improvement mentally. I think he has it...its just a question of when it happens.

I hope Mario and DeMeco shut Fred Taylor up this Sunday...show that old man whats up.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Call me a hopeless optimist but I don't think winning 4-6 of our last 8 is out of the question. I've seen our team really come alive lately and we are IMO a few steps away from putting it together. If I was going to attempt to be a cautious realist, I'd say 3-4 more Ws is a distinct possibility, given how weak our remaining schedule is.
Old 11-08-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i said 4-12 to 5-11...and im thinking it will probably be 5-11

we will stun the jets and pats, roll over the browns, and hemorrage games in tragic fashion to everyone else.

however...8 game win streak....why the heck not?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #19
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

Said it before; 7-9, anything less is dissappointing, anything more is fuel on the fire.
Old 11-08-2006   #20
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Not to be a downer but those four teams we're talking about beating easy are all saying the same about us. They are putting a W against us in their remaining schedule.

With that said, we could easily beat them but to be conservative say we win 2. That puts us at 4 wins. and then we win 1 or 2 more the rest of the way leaving us at a 5 or 6 win season, maybe 6-10 is what i see us at realistically. anything better would be great! This would put us most likely between pick 5-10 next year but who knows.

let's win 'em all.
I slightly agree with you. Those teams are putting W's in the next to us, as they should. We only convincingly won once. Miami almost pulledo ne out against us. Let's not forget. Philly 4-4 amd Washington 3-5 pounded us convincingly. 8-0 indy caplitolized one mistakes, which is what great teams do. and NY did not play good football either. (they took us lightly) I am rooting for 8-0 but see us underachievingand we get two more. 4-12 realistically.

I hate saying it, but i believe it's the truth. We have talent and a coaching staff that 's teaching them to win. It won't happen this year. Next year, 500 ball is within our grasp, along with meaningful games in Nov. I remember those days. I can't wait!
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read