Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Peter King:Demeco #1

Quote:
And the award goes to...

Sports Illustrated's Peter King hands out his first half awards and DeMeco leads the list for defensive rookie of the year.
Defensive Rookie

1. DeMeco Ryans, middle linebacker, Houston; 2. Donte Whitner, strong safety, Buffalo; 3. Ernie Sims, outside linebacker, Detroit. Through five weeks, Ryans was the leading tackler in football; now he's tied for fourth. Instinctive and ferocious, Ryans might end up having more impact on the Texans than Mario Williams, though Williams has played much better the last couple of week
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../mmqbte/1.html

also head page of www.demecoryans.net
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peter King:Demeco #1

here is the pic
Old 11-07-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

his take on Casserly ...I don't know ...I personally thing CC didn't really have much to do with the draft..he was on his way out anyway..
Old 11-07-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

After Dunta Robinson got robbed of the rookie D of the Year, Im glad Demeco seems to be in the lead.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
his take on Casserly ...I don't know ...I personally thing CC didn't really have much to do with the draft..he was on his way out anyway..
I don't know - earlier in the year when Mario was off to a slow start it was posted that Williams was Casserly's pick, not Kubiak's. I'm sure that perception is chaging by now and as Williams improves he will be a KUbiak pick.

This is an over generalization, but the only thing I can determine from the board is that Casserly had complete control on bad picks and was powerless on the good ones.

I think that player development had far more to do with draft day errors than the talent picked. I think the Texans have hurt some careers that could have been decent if drafted into another situation.
Old 11-07-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I don't know - earlier in the year when Mario was off to a slow start it was posted that Williams was Casserly's pick, not Kubiak's. I'm sure that perception is chaging by now and as Williams improves he will be a KUbiak pick.

This is an over generalization, but the only thing I can determine from the board is that Casserly had complete control on bad picks and was powerless on the good ones.

I think that player development had far more to do with draft day errors than the talent picked. I think the Texans have hurt some careers that could have been decent if drafted into another situation.

I agree with that.. my point is CC was basically a "lame duck" GM on draft day, I just wonder ..
Old 11-07-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I agree with that.. my point is CC was basically a "lame duck" GM on draft day, I just wonder ..
I know what you are saying. I also think Kubiak had a lot of power in that draft room. He is the most powerful single person in the Texans' short history. Kubiak doesn't have a lot of checks and balances on him right now.
Old 11-07-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserly did not draft guys Capers did not want. The coach has more say in who to draft than the GM. However, the Mario pick was mutual.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
I know what you are saying. I also think Kubiak had a lot of power in that draft room. He is the most powerful single person in the Texans' short history. Kubiak doesn't have a lot of checks and balances on him right now.
very true
Old 11-07-2006   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Casserly did not draft guys Capers did not want. The coach has more say in who to draft than the GM. However, the Mario pick was mutual.
I've always thought that the GM and his staff sorted the players up and told the coach who was impressive and such and let the coach watch film on the guy or go visit him and decide what he wants. GM (organizer), Coach/Coaches (decision maker/s).

That's how I always thought it was.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #11
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Mexican Texan,
Glad to see you supporting the Horns.
Old 11-07-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
Mexican Texan,
Glad to see you supporting the Horns.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #13
phan1
All Pro

Not to dismiss Ryan's accomplishments at all, but he does play the middle linebacker position. I really think it's about an "instant impact" position on defense as the RB position on offense. MLB should always be the #1 tackler on the team. Plus, it's not like he's facing any real competition this year. He's going to pretty much run away with the award this year. Having said that, it's really great to see him doing so well this year. Hopefully, he'll build up his body even more in the next few years. If he builds up some more speed and strength to go along with his instincts, he's going to be a beast.

I just find it a little humorous how people are saying our #2 pick is having a much bigger impact than our #1 pick ect. He's a MLB! He SHOULD be putting up better #s than our rookie DE, especially one that's as raw as Mario. Mario Williams is still the #1 pick cause you just aren't going to find a guy like him every year. But the Zack Thomases, the Totuppus, and the Datt Nguyens of the world pop up pretty regularly. It really makes you think how people should judge more on football IQ at the LB position rather than a player's physical talents.

Last edited by phan1; 11-08-2006 at 12:43 AM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco is one of the best MLBs in the NFL this year. I don't think Mario has had one of the best first halfs at his position, although I'm not gonna look it all up, talking about tackles, assists, and sacks. Nothing against Mario, but I'm still thinking that Ryans is our best rookie right now. Of course, that could change.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Peter King was a dumb ass?

There is one thing that irritates the hell out of me though and it's during that "Football in America" abortion of a pre-game/halftime show that Costas hosts. They turn to King and he says something like "I just got off the phone with Bill Cowher and he said..." or "Chad just text'd me and he said" blah blah blah ...as if he's preeminently connected.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I thought Peter King was a dumb ass?
I've been wondering the same thing. The board has generally hated the national media for months. Now that they've given us a coquettish grin and a smack on butt the board seems deep in the grip of periphesence.
Old 11-08-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
... periphesence.
I'm guessing that equates to runner's euphoria...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Similar. Very similar.
Old 11-08-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Similar. Very similar.
Well, as long as you're happy.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #20
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I thought Peter King was a dumb ass?.
He is. He dogged-out the Texans earlier in the year (Mario in particular).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read