Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-07-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Oakland's O-line worse than ours ever was?

I mean, we had an awful offensive line the first four seasons, but was ours as bad as the Raiders O-line is right now? That's the 2nd time they've allowed 9 sacks this season. What happened to Robert Gallery? Is he the silver lining of their offensive line or is he a bust as well?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Oakland's O-line worse than ours ever was?

i dont know if there worse, but tell yall what i cant way to see mario tear up robert gallery, 3 sacks that game for mario
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

JMO But it looks to me like Gallery has terrible technique. I'm not sure if that's a product of the coaching changes he's seen in Oakland or the fact that he never really had to learn proper technique due to his physical advantage. The Seahawks D Line got into his body right off the snap, and he seemed to panic & try to wrestle with the guy rather than block him. There were quite a few plays, even ones when he didn't give up a sack, where he wrapped his arms around the guy like it was a bear hug as opposed to getting him squarely in the chest.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I mean, we had an awful offensive line the first four seasons, but was ours as bad as the Raiders O-line is right now?
There was a piece on Mike & Mike this morning about this. I believe that through 8 games in 2002 we had given up 45 sacks. The Raiders are sitting at 44 after 8 games so far this season, and we gave up 43 sacks through 8 games in 2005. So I think it's safe to say that we've had OLine play as bad as the Raiders. I was really rooting for the Seahawks to beat the 12 sacks in a game record. That would've at least made the game a little more interesting.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

This pile of poo has a more revolting redolence, and this one over here--it's covered in three levels of nastiness I've never smelled before...

It's hard to debate lines that stink that bad.
Old 11-08-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I believe that through 8 games in 2002 we had given up 45 sacks. The Raiders are sitting at 44 after 8 games so far this season, and we gave up 43 sacks through 8 games in 2005.
Ouch....some stats are just brutal to read. I can't believe we used to be so optimistic in those days!
Old 11-08-2006   #7
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Part of it Oakland keeps trying to make deep passes. Seven drop steps are just asking to get your QB killed. I guess it doesn't help if you're trying to catch up. Neverending cycle.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2006   #8
phan1
All Pro

Why is Al Davis so involved with football decisions? I'm always hear that he wants a verticle passing game, even when Ganon was tearing it up in the WCO. He's really F'd over that team since then IMO. That organization is a complete mess as I've ever seen anyone. Absolutely no roadmap to winning at all.

Having said that, I heard they're coaching staff is very much responsible for screwing up that Oline. And I tend to agree, as that Oline was just fine a few years ago. And from what I can tell, a lot of the line consists of the same personnel (correct me if I'm wrong). I kind of like the Raiders when they're good, so it's dissappointing to see their predicament.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read