Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2006   #1
Greggdogg55
Rookie

Default Giants Fan Perspective

I am a Giants season ticket holder and I thought the Giants were outplayed. Officiating was soft both ways. That was not a penalty on Mario Williams, and was not a penalty on the Giants for "Driving the Quarterback to the ground" (i thought that was the point of football).

Anyway, that all being said, you cannot celebrate the way your team did when they made a play. When you have a history of being a bad team, and have a terrible record, or were benched the previous week because of ineptitude, why would you mock the other team.

Even that ***** shockey realized it was a tight game, and he had previously dropped a big pass, so he handed the ball to a fan. Stupid on Carr's part, and even dumber by a rookie like Williams.
Greggdogg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #2
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Default Re: Giants Fan Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggdogg55 View Post
I am a Giants season ticket holder and I thought the Giants were outplayed. Officiating was soft both ways. That was not a penalty on Mario Williams, and was not a penalty on the Giants for "Driving the Quarterback to the ground" (i thought that was the point of football).

Anyway, that all being said, you cannot celebrate the way your team did when they made a play. When you have a history of being a bad team, and have a terrible record, or were benched the previous week because of ineptitude, why would you mock the other team.

Even that ***** shockey realized it was a tight game, and he had previously dropped a big pass, so he handed the ball to a fan. Stupid on Carr's part, and even dumber by a rookie like Williams.
Thanks for lettin us know....now let our QB and team enjoy the few times they do good......thanks
Old 11-06-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Signed,

Bob Whitfield's mommy
Old 11-06-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I completely disagree. David gets emotional sometimes, yes.... but I loved to see it. Kubiak probably slapped him on the back of the head for being the ring leader, but they were all just emotional.

I agree that we played an excellent game, though. It looks like we have managed to outplay our opponents for two games in a row yet still lose.
Old 11-06-2006   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well...you guys are at home...so there is no taunting the fans for you guys. This was an emotional game for Carr...his playing time was on the line. He makes a fantastic play and feels the game is close he is excited. He did what he did. With Williams he is just saying "I can do it too". Strahan has been in the league for years (7th on the all time sack leader list). Those two are obviously not on bad terms, I would even call them friends. Maybe Williams sees Strahan as that big brother type in the NFL. There was no hard feelings, I can tell you that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The end zone taunting call on us on our only TD was as weak as the other calls. The NFL needs to get over itself sometimes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

The Mario thing was a lot like Mathis doing the "X-factor" thing with his arms after he returned a kick-off for a TD against the Chiefs and Dante Hall. I have no problem with him doing anything after sacks considering the pressure he is under to perform as the #1 pick and the whole debate that is still raging over our draft. I would imagine both he and David feel they have a whole lot to prove and its not to surprising to see them be very emotional in situations like those. Oh, and you cant pick up a QB after he throws the ball and body slam him.
Old 11-06-2006   #8
Greggdogg55
Rookie

I have to disagree with you guys. i have no problem with him spiking the ball, or throwing it into the stands. but they obviously sat around thinking of ways to mock the Giants. Whats the point of that. Act like you have been there before. Carr played a great game, and i thought the penalty was a bad call on the celebration, but to mock a team and its fans, especially when you are on an awful team, and were benched the previous week, WEAK
Old 11-06-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected

On a side note, does anyone know what that thing DC did with his hand is supposed to be? I assume its a college thing, but I really have no clue.
Old 11-06-2006   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I didn't have any problem with the call, I just wish they would enforce it more uniformly.
Old 11-06-2006   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So if Strahan goes into some other team's stadium and sacks someone, are you going to tell him not to celebrate? There's really no difference. Strahan or Kiwi or any of your other guys making a sack and doing that Balling thing are just as out of line as Carr or Mario were.

If you go out of your way to come up with a signature celebration, then you have to expect your opponents to throw it back in your face when they make a big play against you. We are a bad team. That doesn't mean we can't be happy and celebrate when we make a good play. If you don't want us to celebrate, then don't allow us to make good plays. And vice versa. If we don't want you to celebrate, then we have to step up and not allow you guys to make good plays.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #12
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I forgot there not supposed to have fun
Old 11-06-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
So if Strahan goes into some other team's stadium and sacks someone, are you going to tell him not to celebrate? There's really no difference. Strahan or Kiwi or any of your other guys making a sack and doing that Balling thing are just as out of line as Carr or Mario were.

If you go out of your way to come up with a signature celebration, then you have to expect your opponents to throw it back in your face when they make a big play against you. We are a bad team. That doesn't mean we can't be happy and celebrate when we make a good play. If you don't want us to celebrate, then don't allow us to make good plays. And vice versa. If we don't want you to celebrate, then we have to step up and not allow you guys to make good plays.
Exactly.
Old 11-06-2006   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have to disagree with you guys. i have no problem with him spiking the ball, or throwing it into the stands. but they obviously sat around thinking of ways to mock the Giants. Whats the point of that. Act like you have been there before. Carr played a great game, and i thought the penalty was a bad call on the celebration, but to mock a team and its fans, especially when you are on an awful team, and were benched the previous week, WEAK

Being a bad team or were benched is irrelevant.

Think about the total lack of respect that Strahan has for other players in the league by sitting down and deciding to come up with a signature moves. Every time any Giants player makes that balling move, it's mocking the other team. It's just like TO when he was with the Niners putting the ball in the Cowboy's star. There's no difference except when it's turned back around on to you.

So you need to suck it up and let the boys play... both ways. Let Strahan do his dances. And let other people make the same move back at him.
Old 11-06-2006   #15
Greggdogg55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Guy, Carr spiked the ball, go up, ran over to the corner by the fans and did a jump shot. I am glad he got excited, but i think his mock celebration is weak. The guy has played poorly, why give ammunition to the other team to try to knock your block off.

He can practice his jump shot in his driveway when the playoffs start and he is at home.
Old 11-06-2006   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Guy, Carr spiked the ball, go up, ran over to the corner by the fans and did a jump shot. I am glad he got excited, but i think his mock celebration is weak. The guy has played poorly, why give ammunition to the other team to try to knock your block off.

He can practice his jump shot in his driveway when the playoffs start and he is at home.
And how is that any different than Strahan or Merriman or anyone else who does a sack dance?

You've got a double standard and you need to lighten up.
Old 11-06-2006   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Really? Because he had a bad game last week disregards the 90 something passer rating? The 2:1 Td to interception ratio? Carr was the best qb on the field yesterday, and to expect a player and a team that has come under so much fire and criticism to not take it personally and play with emotion is not very realistic.
Old 11-06-2006   #18
real

Quote:

I forgot that they were supposed to try and make the Giant players and fans happy....silly me....
Old 11-06-2006   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Your acting as if your team is the only team allowed to celebrate...think about what your saying.
Old 11-06-2006   #20
Greggdogg55
Rookie

I am not upset about it, because i thought the whole time (even though we got outplayed) that the Giants would win.

I for one don't like the fact that the players dance on every play (isnt making a tackle what they get paid for?) All i was saying was that i thought his celebration was weak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read