Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2006   #1
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default Kudos for Mario from Pro Football Weekly

I like this blurb from Nolan Nowrocki of Pro Football Weekly. I thought Mario had a great game and am liking him and DeMeco more and more.

Go Texans!

"Texans rookie DE Mario Williams is really beginning to come on, sending Giants OT Bob Whitfield flying off his feet with an arm-over club move made famous by the recently enshrined late great Reggie White, and closing to notch another sack. On the very next play, he took aggressive Giants OG Chris Snee and walked him back to the quarterback as if he were facing a high school blocker. He looked flat-out dominant at times against New York, like a man among boys."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...ocki110606.htm
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Re: Kudos for Mario from Pro Football Weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan View Post
I like this blurb from Nolan Nowrocki of Pro Football Weekly. I thought Mario had a great game and am liking him and DeMeco more and more.

Go Texans!

"Texans rookie DE Mario Williams is really beginning to come on, sending Giants OT Bob Whitfield flying off his feet with an arm-over club move made famous by the recently enshrined late great Reggie White, and closing to notch another sack. On the very next play, he took aggressive Giants OG Chris Snee and walked him back to the quarterback as if he were facing a high school blocker. He looked flat-out dominant at times against New York, like a man among boys."

Nice find, Thanks
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

A quiet week for the Mario haters, especially given the putrid play of Young and Bush. Mario's improving every week and it's exciting to watch his play of late. I'm also looking for the rest of our line to improve as Mario begins to command more coverage. As much as I liked his sack, I liked the subsequent play better, where he just manhandled whatever poor LT that was back into Manning, even though Eli ended up getting the pass off.

Grats to Mario and keep up the great work.
Old 11-06-2006   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome. Thats the kind of stuff I like to hear. "like a man among boys."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Good to see Mario get some love. The decision to take Mario over Bush is looking like a better choice each week. Here is to hoping the trend continues. Hopefully Mario keeps trying moves out rather than bull rushing 100% of the time.

Doug ftw
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is great to see him playing well. I hope he continues to improve, it is exciting to see! And if he hushes all the "Texans made the worst draft mistake ever" talk than that's just icing on the cake.
Old 11-06-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
It is great to see him playing well. I hope he continues to improve, it is exciting to see! And if he hushes all the "Texans made the worst draft mistake ever" talk than that's just icing on the cake.
I have to say, that claim is looking more and more ridiculos as the season goes on, not that it had much credence when it was first made. Anyway, its great to see Mario coming into his own, and with expreiance he should only get better. He now has a sack in 3 consecutive games and was pretty close to Eli on several other occassions. Keep it up
Old 11-06-2006   #8
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I was shocked when I first heard the Texans had made a pre-draft deal with Mario. Then I was confused. Then I got angry. Then I heard Kubes and McNair explain why. Then I saw some stats, measurements, workout numbers, and video tape of Mario.

Then I got on board.

Mario will be one of the most feared DE's in this game if he stays healthy.
Old 11-06-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
if he stays healthy.
Please find some wood and knock on it....
Old 11-06-2006   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya, but Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers!
Old 11-06-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Ya, but Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers!
No, no, no. Gayle Sayers was the first Reggie Bush.
Old 11-06-2006   #12
texaslifter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
Nice one.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #13
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

it's crazy that mario compares so favorable to bush and vince statistically when half the stuff he does never hits the box score (as opposed to offense where they document sneezes per half etc.)
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's good to see Mario get some love from the national spotlight. Now he needs to keep pushing and stay hungry to continually prove them wrong.
Old 11-06-2006   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice job Mario. "Man among boys." That jump shot was funny, too. I don't think Giants fans liked it, though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #16
TxAg
Rookie

Mario is looking really good I think in the next few games he will come on even stronger and get more sacks.
Old 11-07-2006   #17
texan2347
waterboy

Job Well Done Mario
texan2347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hoping with Mario's improved play is because it is more reacting than thinking.. I hope that is with the whole defense and the scheme..

Ryans should be getting some love also.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
Based on Reggie's numbers, I would say that Ron Dayne was the first Reggie Bush.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #20
Dre_80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan View Post

Go Texans!

bob whitfield?! bwahaha
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read