Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-06-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kickers and punters worth drafting

I'd like to see us taking a punter and kicker in the later rounds.

Any interesting prospects out there that stick out?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Re: Kickers and punters worth drafting

The only decent kicker is Crosby and he is targeted as a 1st day selection.

As for Punter you can get a decent one in the 7th or as an undrafted free agent (that is where the Baylor kid is slotted).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
The only decent kicker is Crosby and he is targeted as a 1st day selection.
If that's the case, how would you feel if the Texans took him with a 3rd rounder?
Old 11-06-2006   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If that's the case, how would you feel if the Texans took him with a 3rd rounder?
Id be........or.........or.......... or
Old 11-06-2006   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Id be........or.........or.......... or
Why? I hear this guy's pretty awesome. Wants to the first one to kick a 70 yarder.
Old 11-06-2006   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
If we weren't so weak in so many areas, I would say yes. But we still need help in so many areas; LB, FS, CB, OL, RB, and DT that we shouldn't use a 3rd on a kicker this year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's gotta focus on making 50-yarders, first. he's like 2 for 7 on the year beyond 50. which isn't TERRIBLE i guess, but he's supposed to be this amazing kicker who kicks 50 yarders like extra points. so i'm skeptical.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's exactly what this team has needed for 4.5 yrs.--a guy who can kick 70 yd. field goals.

Announcers: Lundy has a 2.1 average yards per carry today. On third and 8, Carr drops back....and throws another 2 yd. pass to Cook who is hit immediately and goes down. That's another 3 and out. Way to get us in field-goal range again!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he's gotta focus on making 50-yarders, first. he's like 2 for 7 on the year beyond 50. which isn't TERRIBLE i guess, but he's supposed to be this amazing kicker who kicks 50 yarders like extra points. so i'm skeptical.
Sounds like a typical kicker who happens to have a really strong leg, but not much more than average aim.

Then again, I wouldn't know him from Adam and I don't even remember his name right now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #10
real

Quote:
Why? I hear this guy's pretty awesome. Wants to the first one to kick a 70 yarder.
I don't care if he can kick field goals from the parking lot...

If we take a kicker in the third rd. with all the holes we need filled I might go insane....
Old 11-06-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering that the FG kickers win more games and score more points that just about any other players, it would not be out of the realm of possibilities to take a real good one in the 3rd IMO. The idea is to score points and win games and that is what they do.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Considering that the FG kickers win more games and score more points that just about any other players, it would not be out of the realm of possibilities to take a real good one in the 3rd IMO. The idea is to score points and win games and that is what they do.
I disagree with this whole statement...

actually I don't disagree with the whole statement....just most of it...

I think the Texans would be foolish to take any kicker in the third rd. of the upcoming draft...

Last edited by real; 11-06-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-06-2006   #13
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd like to see us taking a punter and kicker in the later rounds.

Any interesting prospects out there that stick out?
Actually yeah, Daniel Sepulveda (Baylor Univeristy). I would be happy with spending our 7th rnd on him and I'd say pick him up FA but I believe someone will jump on this kid. Sepulveda walked on his freshman year as a LB but found out he could kick and was given a scholarship later to be their starting Punter. He's very consistant at 50yds and very good at pinning the opponent behind the 20. I believe his longest punt was high 70's but that is simply based on memory, not statistics. If I get a chance I'll post his stats later. Definitely someone to look at, especially with Stanley's pitiful 30, 35, and 38yd punts when much longer ones were needed.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read