Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2006   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bob the Vet, thinks Mario has it!

Quote:
Giants offensive tackle Bob Whitfield, a 15-year veteran and former first-round pick by Atlanta, had this to say about Mario Williams: "The son of a gun is almost inhuman out there for how big and thick and solid he is. And I caught it firsthand because I said to myself, `Don't give the young kid a sack.' But I don't call it a sack when he actually dislocates your whole left side of your body when he hit me. It was almost like he needed to have a penalty for tearing up an old man. I actually told him, `Slow it down, young fellow.' He's strong. He's big. He's got it. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with."
Good stuff from a good long time Vet. What do you all think.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/11/m...carr_gets.html
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob the Vet, thinks Mario has it!

Good quote. He's playing a tough position, is young, and is only going to get better. Mario and the whole franchise will show vast improvements in the 2nd half of the season. All things take time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that picture of Carr looks that that one guy in the back is swinging him around by his legs, playing some goofy game, or like a wrestler making Carr dizzy.

Here, this'll teach ya ta run for the endzone!

Oh yeah, I agree that Mario's got it. He may have got it from Demeco, but he does got it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

4.5 sacks in his last 5 games. At this pace, Mario could easily have double digit sacks before the end of the year. I would say that would make him worthy of the first overall pick, over Bush (who hasn't done squat).
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #5
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Mario!! That Whitfield quote fires me up!!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #6
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
Good quote. He's playing a tough position, is young, and is only going to get better. Mario and the whole franchise will show vast improvements in the 2nd half of the season. All things take time.
Yea Baby Yea!!!
Old 11-06-2006   #7
real

I hurt my self screaming so loud at the T.V when Mario got that sack....

But on another note....What a bogus "roughing the passer" call....

That was a bail out call by the refs....
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2006   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont know about you guys, but Mario getting the sack pumped me up big time. Seeing him do the "ballin" shot as well. He got the fans going, and the Giants going as well. This guy has got it.

Did anyone else love seeing the emotion come out of Mario when he got the phantom roughing the passer call on Eli? I thought he was going to decapitate somebody. All I know is that I was pumped up for the entire game after those 2 plays. And so was our defense. They feed off of Mario making plays.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Good stuff from a good long time Vet. What do you all think.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/11/m...carr_gets.html
Them Giants are a classy bunch. The fans, the players.....

I think I'm starting to like the Giants.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I dont know about you guys, but Mario getting the sack pumped me up big time. Seeing him do the "ballin" shot as well. He got the fans going, and the Giants going as well. This guy has got it.

Did anyone else love seeing the emotion come out of Mario when he got the phantom roughing the passer call on Eli? I thought he was going to decapitate somebody. All I know is that I was pumped up for the entire game after those 2 plays. And so was our defense. They feed off of Mario making plays.
Yea did you see the Giants Gaurd or Tackle walk by and say something, And Mario flipped out of his mind...........The Giants Lineman looked scared as you can get, he tried to look tough but he was like Holy this guy could kill me on the inside!
Old 11-06-2006   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea did you see the Giants Gaurd or Tackle walk by and say something, And Mario flipped out of his mind...........The Giants Lineman looked scared as you can get, he tried to look tough but he was like Holy this guy could kill me on the inside!
Yeah I caught that. He looked like like me when I was 10, and my dad came at me with the belt. You know that, holy sh1t!!! look.

I think I caught him saying something along the lines of "your crazy"

To put it bluntly, Mario when Ape sh1t on that dude. Thank God we had Demeco there to calm him down.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Yeah I caught that. He looked like like me when I was 10, and my dad came at me with the belt. You know that, holy sh1t!!! look.

I think I caught him saying something along the lines of "your crazy"

To put it bluntly, Mario when Ape sh1t on that dude. Thank God we had Demeco there to calm him down.
Yea that was funny too, It looked like the little brother trying to calm down the big brother.
Old 11-06-2006   #13
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Amazing how quickly the tide turns. Mario's improving vastly and Bush is looking bad, not disappointing, but subpar. We're literally 5 wins away from going from being the "laughingstock" of sports media to looking savvy and promising. Not that it matters, but it's nice to hear good things.

Mario is a beast. He's killing guys to the inside and with the bull rush... that's tougher to do than get the corner, IMO. When he gets those tackles locked up and bracing for the bull rush, he'll get those speed rush sacks that Peppers, Merriman, and Freeney get.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #14
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

What I want to see Mario do after a sack is the Hulk Hogan flex off. If he would go down on one knee and "pump up" the pythons, I would probably scream myself hoarse.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

That series of playes - Mario's & Ryan's sacks, and then Mario disrupting the passing play (almost a sack) - was a sign of things to come. I expect to see a monster defense being formed here, with anchors at DE, LB, and CB. And with the promise that our offense has been showing, we have a good chance of having a solid team next year.

Thanks for posting the quote, Hulk. Coming from an NFL vet that played against Mario speaks volumes over the hot air coming from tv pundits and talking heads.
Old 11-06-2006   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I also heard that Bob the Vet thinks Reggie Bush is a bust.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #17
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Yea that was funny too, It looked like the little brother trying to calm down the big brother.
Love the avatar Hulk, I saw more from DC on that play than I have in 4+ years. He earned a completely blank slate with that play. Whether the criticisms were deserved or not, he seems to have responded in a way that the players and fans can embrace. Not to hijack Mario's thread, but just htought I'd throw it out there.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #18
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

yeah but Mario doesn't have "Fast Twitch" muscles.

lol

GO TEXANS
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin View Post
yeah but Mario doesn't have "Fast Twitch" muscles.

lol

GO TEXANS
Yea! No kidding
Old 11-06-2006   #20
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
What I want to see Mario do after a sack is the Hulk Hogan flex off. If he would go down on one knee and "pump up" the pythons, I would probably scream myself hoarse.
I'm sure when the sacks start coming more frequently he'll get more creative with his post play antics.

I'd like to see him do one of those "Mr. Universe" poses where you turn your back to the crowd and look down at your bicep.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read