Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2006   #1
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ok, I'll be man enough to admit.......

Mario, yes I said Mario, has made me a fan of his today. I finally got a chance to watch the game today (had to work) and loved the mock Strahan "Jump-shot" after the sack. I like the fire he displayed today. Helluva celebration after the sack on the enemy's home turf, Rook!
Old 11-06-2006   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Ok, I'll be man enough to admit.......

that move he put on the right tackle was pretty sweet..just threw him outside and brought down eli like a rag doll. also, most of the giants runs went left, usually away from his side and i saw him get doubled a few times. he is certanly making an impact on our defense
Old 11-06-2006   #3
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

He was just throwing guys around and playing with a fire I have not seen anybody play with before. He is a stud and I can not wait till he has got all his stuff down. I noticed he is using his hands more and not charging upright as much at lease in this game if he keeps this up Manning and the Colts are going to have their hands full. Off subject for a sec but what about that snot bubble hit on Shockey wow I have been waiting for this D to start laying the lumber and man did they.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved Mario's attitude today. We need that fire. I don't like the jump shot thing though. Celebrating is fine, but we had no need to mock the other team, that I'm at all aware of, and we had two players do it, including Carr. I don't get where the desire to mock came from. The excitement I do get. I was actually a little ashamed of the mocking thing, because the NY fans have been very courteous to us all week while we sniffed and sulked about last weeks loss to the Titans and how we thought we'd get killed this week (this includes me).

Anyway, Mario is continueing to get better and DEMECO RYANS IS JUST AMAZING. The guy just doesn't quit. All I can say is WOW!!!

I didn't want to draft Mario #1. I was right!!! We should've taken Ryans #1!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

The who would we have gotten at 33?
Old 11-06-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
The who would we have gotten at 33?
Oh, shoot, I don't know. The point is just that he's that good.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #7
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda View Post
Mario, yes I said Mario, has made me a fan of his today. I finally got a chance to watch the game today (had to work) and loved the mock Strahan "Jump-shot" after the sack. I like the fire he displayed today. Helluva celebration after the sack on the enemy's home turf, Rook!
x1000 you said mario not sorryo! j/k Seriously he is gonna be a good one.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda View Post
I am sure he could care less.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #9
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I don't like the jump shot thing though. Celebrating is fine, but we had no need to mock the other team, that I'm at all aware of, and we had two players do it, including Carr. I don't get where the desire to mock came from.
I don't know if you've noticed, but the "jump shot" is the latest celebration fad that all football players seem to be doing this year. The players are doing this to celebrate a big play throughout the NFL...I've even seen it in college games.

It has become so prevalent that the league has already taken a stance on it earlier this year. The NFL stated (I don't remember which game prompted it)that players can celebrate this way, but they can't all do it at the same time. So, it's not taunting if only one player does it at a time.

My point is, I don't really think either Mario or Carr was "mocking" the giants. It's simply a celebration, just like a sack dance or a spike of the football.
Old 11-06-2006   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I understand that you have to be pretty fair and unbiased when it comes to that taunting call, but IMO there is a difference between Carr's over-the-top leap into the endzone firing up a winning team that found itself in contention with an NFC Giant, and say, TO pretending to sleep on the football after yet another touchdown or celebrate on the Dallas star. I don't think any celebration the Texans displayed was meant to disrespect, disparage, or otherwise blasphemy the NY Giants. I think it was a celebration the way it is meant to be seen.
Old 11-06-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
My point is, I don't really think either Mario or Carr was "mocking" the giants. It's simply a celebration, just like a sack dance or a spike of the football.

Neither one of them have done jump shot all year...

and they do it against a team who is known for it....

They mocked them....
Old 11-06-2006   #12
phan1
All Pro

I remember a play where he totally pancaked his LT one-on-one. Didn't get the sack, but that was pretty impressive nonetheless.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario has been getting better week by week, and yesterday was another step in his maturation process. He's still got a lot to learn, but I think his upside and potential will yield one helluva' DE in the next year or two.
Old 11-06-2006   #14
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
that move he put on the right tackle was pretty sweet..just threw him outside and brought down eli like a rag doll. also, most of the giants runs went left, usually away from his side and i saw him get doubled a few times. he is certanly making an impact on our defense
its too bad the offense was inefficient and couldnt put points on the board. as bad as the run defense was, i thought the defense played hard and well enough to win.
Old 11-06-2006   #15
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Neither one of them have done jump shot all year...

and they do it against a team who is known for it....

They mocked them....
Sure did.

Listen, I like the Texans, and talked well about them before, during and after the game.

But "fire" isn't a rookie DE on a 2-7 team getting a sack and mocking the much better (and later prevailing) home team on their field.

He's a rookie and he acted like it. He's only going to get better and better...and hopefully a little classier, too.
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
Sure did.
He's a rookie and he acted like it. He's only going to get better and better...and hopefully a little classier, too.
Hey...im not in that camp....

I just said he mocked him...I didn't say anything was wrong with it....

I don't see the lack of class....Your guys celebrate when David falls and you touch him....I just think it was all in fun...This is football, their competitive juices were flowing.....

Please do not come to our boards talking about our players lack of class...Most of our fans have been talking positive things about the Giants, and it was a good game and IMO, it was all done in fun....
Old 11-06-2006   #17
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Hey...im not in that camp....

I just said he mocked him...I didn't say anything was wrong with it....

I don't see the lack of class....Your guys celebrate when David falls and you touch him....I just think it was all in fun...This is football, their competitive juices were flowing.....

Please do not come to our boards talking about our players lack of class...Most of our fans have been talking positive things about the Giants, and it was a good game and IMO, it was all done in fun....

Hey X, I've talked about NOTHING but the positives on your team for a week now.

I just promise you that if your rookie phenom doesn't grow up...there's a lineman or two that will make sure not to slow up on a shot at his knees, figuring 5-6 games on the injured list will make him think again before mocking a division champ in their own house.

It's not like he celebrated a sack...he mocked another team in their house. Classless, sorry.

I still like the Texans, but don't think that move was cool. I hope he enjoyed the loss, but it seems he's more interested in personal victories than team effort right now.
Old 11-06-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
You want to talk about "class" after the little stunt your QB pulled in the draft? Get outta' here!

Dude, Mario has been taking all kinds of heat as a no. 1 pick, both by the local and national medias. So what, he celebrates a sack. Big deal. Dude earned it, and a little display of emotion by a rookie should not be made into a federal case.

Don't make me start rooting for the Cowboys to beat you! That would go against every instinct in my existence!
Old 11-06-2006   #19
Big J
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
I don't know if you've noticed, but the "jump shot" is the latest celebration fad that all football players seem to be doing this year. The players are doing this to celebrate a big play throughout the NFL...I've even seen it in college games.

It has become so prevalent that the league has already taken a stance on it earlier this year. The NFL stated (I don't remember which game prompted it)that players can celebrate this way, but they can't all do it at the same time. So, it's not taunting if only one player does it at a time.

"Its not about Bangin'...its about BALLIN" Michael Strahan after sacking Michael Vick. He got it from a song by Jim Jones.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #20
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You want to talk about "class" after the little stunt your QB pulled in the draft? Get outta' here!

Dude, Mario has been taking all kinds of heat as a no. 1 pick, both by the local and national medias. So what, he celebrates a sack. Big deal. Dude earned it, and a little display of emotion by a rookie should not be made into a federal case.

Don't make me start rooting for the Cowboys to beat you! That would go against every instinct in my existence!

Wow...ok, I'll shut up now, I've been involved in too many good discussions with great people this week to ruin my impression (or yours) now.

But just understand that when you have an opposing team buzzing during and after the game...the next time he meets these guys it might not be a pleasant experience for him - and reputations follow players from game to game/ team to team.

Root for the Cowboys if you like, that will say plenty more about you than the Giants/Texans.

Take care and good luck to the Texans, I like what I see.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read