Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-05-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default BCS Standings

Louisville is 3rd and if they stay undefeated, it looks like they will play the winner of Ohio State-Michigan. I'm rooting for them. Hopefully they win it all.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BCS Standings

Agreed.

Brian Brohm is awesome. Too bad Michael Bush got hurt.....
Old 11-05-2006   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Rutgers!

Old 11-05-2006   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Louisville is 3rd and if they stay undefeated, it looks like they will play the winner of Ohio State-Michigan. I'm rooting for them. Hopefully they win it all.
I am not. I would like Ohio State, Louisville, and Michigan to all lose. That way the only unbeaten teams are Rutgers and Boise State. I would love to see how he BCS would handle it if those were the only 2 undefeated lefts!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I am not. I would like Ohio State, Louisville, and Michigan to all lose. That way the only unbeaten teams are Rutgers and Boise State. I would love to see how he BCS would handle it if those were the only 2 undefeated lefts!
How exactly would the BCS handle it?

It doesnt have a choice. The top 2 teams in the standings would play & those teams would most likely be Texas & Florida.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
How exactly would the BCS handle it?

It doesnt have a choice. The top 2 teams in the standings would play & those teams would most likely be Texas & Florida.
not neccesarily. If rutgers beats lousiville it will skyrocket up the polls. With no losses and with everyone else with losses they will close the gap. It would be interestign if they got to 1-2.
I dont like the BCS and am cherring for diaster!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
not neccesarily. If rutgers beats lousiville it will skyrocket up the polls. With no losses and with everyone else with losses they will close the gap. It would be interestign if they got to 1-2.
I dont like the BCS and am cherring for diaster!
The BCS is a better system than just having the media choose the teams.

The system isnt perfect? Agreed. But what is the alternative?

Most people hate the computers. But I think that there has to be computers because they are not biased. And this is coming from someone who's favorite team (Texas) is ranked 10th in the computers & 3rd in 4th in the human polls.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The system isnt perfect? Agreed. But what is the alternative?
Playoff

Every other sport, not to mention every other division of collefge football, has a playoff system. Why shouldn't Division 1 have one?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Playoff

Every other sport, not to mention every other division of collefge football, has a playoff system. Why shouldn't Division 1 have one?
How would it work?

You take the top 8 teams?

What about the team that is ranked #9 in the polls? That team would be just like the team that finishes #3 now.

And now every team plays a 12 game schedule. So the SEC, Big 12, & ACC champs would have to play about 16 games if they wanted to win the playoff. If we did that then the next step would be to just start handing out paychecks cuz they are practically playing an NFL season.
Old 11-05-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How would it work?

What about the team that is ranked #9 in the polls? That team would be just like the team that finishes #3 now.

And now every team plays a 12 game schedule. So the SEC, Big 12, & ACC champs would have to play about 16 games if they wanted to win the playoff. If we did that then the next step would be to just start handing out paychecks cuz they are practically playing an NFL season.
We're not the ones to devise a new system, but it could work along those guidelines. Similar to NBA playoffs IMO. #1 vs #8, #2 vs #7 and so on.
Old 11-05-2006   #11
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

D1AA uses 16 teams I'm pretty sure. That way you have 4 weekends of games. There is a way to do it and would be a much bigger success and not a complete waste of time like most of the bowl games.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
D1AA uses 16 teams I'm pretty sure. That way you have 4 weekends of games. There is a way to do it and would be a much bigger success and not a complete waste of time like most of the bowl games.
Ah there it is!

You cant take away the bowl games cuz the NCAA banks on those heavy. I dont think they would ever lose them.
Old 11-05-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love the BCS and i would hate a playoff. not enough games being played and the games wouldn't have nearly as much significance as they do now. it would totally ruin college football. don't touch it. the BCS is AWESOME.

i'd love to see louisville in the title game. they're good enough to compete with any team in the country just because of brian brohm. they can BEAT any team in the country because of the great players around him.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i love the BCS and i would hate a playoff. not enough games being played and the games wouldn't have nearly as much significance as they do now. it would totally ruin college football. don't touch it. the BCS is AWESOME.

i'd love to see louisville in the title game. they're good enough to compete with any team in the country just because of brian brohm. they can BEAT any team in the country because of the great players around him.
You are right on.

I think Louisville could give Ohio St quite a game.

They get lost in the shuffle cuz they play in the Big East but they have been a top 15 team for at least the past 5 years.
Old 11-06-2006   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

The BCS certaintly didnt disappoint last year.

That was the best college football game I have ever seen.
Old 11-06-2006   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

louisville better beat rutgers first
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

based on everything i've seen from both teams, there's plenty of reason to think that louisville will win by at least 3 TD's. easily. they're much better than rutgers in every facet of the game.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How would it work?

I've heard the #9 ranked team argument before and don't buy it. I would much rather have the #9 team get shafted than the #3 team in the country, anytime you have a system that crowns two champions by having shared titles is a BROKEN SYSTEM.

Keeping the BCS around has nothing to do with the amount of games teams would have to play, it has to do with the amount of money the schools make with the Bowl system and thats it.

A full month went by from when Texas played Colorado and USC played UCLA until the time they played each other in the title game, theres plenty of room for a playoff system.

Even if you take only the top four teams, thats only one extra game. I would take just the top 4 teams, because how often do you see 5 teams go undefeated in a season, it doesn't happen. All they have to do is take atleast the top 4 teams and shared titles are null and void and completely eliminated, but that would make to much sense and the NCAA isn't about good sense.

I completely wrote them off when they revoked Mike Williams eligibility after a supreme court told him it was legal for him to enter the draft. So Mike hired a agent and legally entered the draft only to have the original decision overturned and then instead of the NCAA stepping in and fixing this unique situation they completely mishandled it. Nothing will ever change until the NCAA officials pull their heads out of their rears.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Playoff

http://www.nflfans.com/x/showthread.php?t=12714

I wrote this last year for Freshman English, the best grade I got for the year too! If yall cant see it, let me know and Ill copy and paste it over here.
Old 11-06-2006   #20
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 66454 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How would it work?
Bowl Playoff Series

You can't respond there unless you're already a member, so you'll have to leave your take here.

I think this would be bigger than March Madness.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read